No announcement yet.

Lack Of DFW Meets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Ben... When are you coming to the NE?

Oh and meets are a ton of fun to setup and assuming all goes well, can be amazing to see something you planned go so well. When I did the NE meet last year we had over 200 cars show up, too bad my permit didn't get processed... But its all good now, being 18 will make it easier for me to get permits and such.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      It will all be made up @ Tailored
      hey, i flew to SOTU too. totally stoked for Tailored
      Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyBoyOne3 View Post
        So... start with local meets, and work your way up to a full blown show... if everyone sits around and talks about it, there will never be anything, so take action.
        Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
        Pauls right. Be the one to get something in your area started. Someone has to be the motivated one
        i strongly considered organizing some events a few months back, but was turned off by the general apathy of my fellow Texans. everyone knows the scene here is pathetic compared to the quality of cars and people, but no one wants to do work to revive it. i sure don't care enough to try and do it all alone.

Originally posted by Rally View Post
        Like 512 last year
        Or the first Stance Of The Union...
        i said "every year." haven't heard anything about those events returning any time soon.
        025garage

Comment

Not gonna lie, it takes a ton of effort to throw a event like SOTU and 512.. I started to develop a receding hair line before 512 was over... to do it every year at the same caliber would require charging a good bit more, having a team of people and that takes all the fun out of it. Coming up with new locations, new concepts is a lot of the fun, and we never want to turn throwing events into a business... we broke even at 512, but both SOTU's have lost money... still so worth it and the relationships built out of them are priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            ...still so worth it and the relationships built out of them are priceless.
            Every dime.

Comment

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
              i said "every year." haven't heard anything about those events returning any time soon.

so,you guys are saying all we're gonna be able to call our own is these weekly/bi-weekly meets?

stance of the union was once
              512 was once
              cupcake comes through yearly
              xdc once

im very motivated to create something for texans to call our own.

jedidah,the cars and the environment stance of the union had is exactly what im going for. i saw cars that ive never seen around dfw before. im just trying to get people to bring out they're projects / prides and joys / 800hp civics and all that good stuff.
              Last edited by audobon; 02-15-2011, 07:44 PM.
              WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
              @thewheeluminati

Comment

Originally posted by audobon View Post
                so,you guys are saying all we're gonna be able to call our own is these weekly/bi-weekly meets?

stance of the union was once
                512 was once
                cupcake comes through yearly
                xdc once

im very motivated to create something for texans to call our own.

jedidah,the cars and the environment stance of the union had is exactly what im going for. i saw cars that ive never seen around dfw before. im just trying to get people to bring out they're projects / prides and joys / 800hp civics and all that good stuff.

Were not saying all you can have is meets... We are saying if you want it, make it happen.

Comment

Were not saying all you can have is meets... We are saying if you want it, make it happen.
                  no,i got you man.

i was really just talking to the TX folk that replied to this thread.
                  WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                  @thewheeluminati

Comment

Aaaahhhhhh... Gotcha... Well you can start it as a gtg, bi-monthly, monhly, whatever just get it started and take it from there man.

Comment

it's not just DFW that has a lack of meets, it's the whole state. i have a dream that someday there will be a couple of statewide stance meets every year.
                      this is my dream also! something statewide held in different cities would be cool. thats what CCM does and its pretty popular now. but that was slowly built. it didnt happen over night.

im from houston and ive been contemplating about starting something up locally that is stance oriented. lol but still havent worked out details such as date/time or venue. ive been trying to find a good tapioca shop with a good entrance/good size parking lot but its been kind of difficult on making a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by audobon View Post
                        no,i got you man.

i was really just talking to the TX folk that replied to this thread.
                        Check out DFWEuros.com they have a monthly meet 50 + cars many of them mm's off the ground

Comment

i strongly considered organizing some events a few months back, but was turned off by the general apathy of my fellow Texans. everyone knows the scene here is pathetic compared to the quality of cars and people, but no one wants to do work to revive it. i sure don't care enough to try and do it all alone.
                          I wouldn't consider myself a Texan but you know my feelings about it, lmk whenever you need a hand

Comment

Start something, and ill come haha and bring a bunch of friends
                            We deff need more stance themed meets in dallas area

Dfweuros monthly meet in irving is usually fun

Comment

i am in fort worth, always down for a meet. all the big ones i go to are well east of fort worth. from irving to plano

let me know and we can spread the word.
                              AJ

Comment

do it guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X