Lack Of DFW Meets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack Of DFW Meets.

I've noticed that DFW does not have a lot of meets that are on a larger scale like New York,California,Miami does,and the bigger meets we do have are all statewide meets that are just touring through. You guys probably know about the bi-weekly/weekly meets that go on,thats cool and all,but its always the same people and the same cars. We really have ALOT of potential out here but nobody really sees it outside (or inside) of the city.

We have an idea for a meet,but im not sure how you guys would take to it and if we would actually get any support. What do you locals think about a slammed/wide&low offset rim/badassest of badass meet in the city of Dallas that we can call our own?
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

theres no dfw tuners on here?

dallas,fort worth,hurst,euless,bedford?
    planom,haltom,garland?
    irving,arlington.....denton maybe?

nobody?

i really want to get this thing started but if i cant get a few heavy hitters to actually participate it wont take off.

im trying to host it in downtown Las Colinas,Texas..if that helps.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

Comment

it doesnt take "heavy hitters" it takes a lil of work... first find a legit spot, I dont mean a big parking lot with nothing around it or indusrial area I mean like a small business with good food, ice cream, or a reason to come and loiter. up here we do it at a bubble tea cafe alot, another place we meet is chipoltle, 5 guys burger... ect... anyways step 2 is pic a date and time, dont ask for input because then it will never go down, just pick a date, and stick with it mondays, tuesdays or wednesdays seem to work the best for us as does having it start after 7pm. THEN the real fun starts, we form facebook event pages, they seem to double the numbers, and post on all the local forums and in the regional sections of bigger forums like this one, its not a real show or event and you will get more attention in the regional areas, then, show up and see what happens, dont be suprised if 5 people show to the first one, say hi, shake hands and let them know to keep an eye out for the next one and to bring a friend or 12 to it... or it could go the other way and blow up and be huge right off the bat, but my point is "heavy hitters" dont have shit to do with it, if you want it, put it on yourself, its not all that much work and who knows keep working at it and you can become a local "heavy hitter" of your own.

Comment

it's not just DFW that has a lack of meets, it's the whole state. i have a dream that someday there will be a couple of statewide stance meets every year.
        025garage

Comment

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
          it's not just DFW that has a lack of meets, it's the whole state. i have a dream that someday there will be a couple of statewide stance meets every year.
          So... start with local meets, and work your way up to a full blown show... if everyone sits around and talks about it, there will never be anything, so take action.

Comment

Pauls right. Be the one to get something in your area started. Someone has to be the motivated one
            Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

There are meets around here, but I don't go.
              Originally posted by Jesus Christ
              if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
              Originally posted by Jedidiah
              he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
                Like 512 last year

Comment

Originally posted by Rally View Post
                  Like 512 last year
                  I heard 512 was all hype

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                    I heard 512 was all hype
                    Or the first Stance Of The Union...

Comment

I heard 512 was all hype

512 was pretty legit to me. minus the feeling of being trapped in an oven.
                      "Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyBoyOne3 View Post
                        Or the first Stance Of The Union...

This.. the First SOTU was started by me with nothing more then a desire to see people of like-mindedness come together. Sometimes it takes enthusiasts making up their minds to do something that no one else will. There is plenty of opportunity in Dallas.. just needs some leadership and some determination to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by And2TheRepublic View Post
                          512 was pretty legit to me. minus the feeling of being trapped in an oven.
                          haha pay no mind to the troll.. he wishes he was there

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            haha pay no mind to the troll.. he wishes he was there
                            lol me a troll?

but yea, I wish I was there

Comment

lol me a troll?

but yea, I wish I was there
                              It will all be made up @ Tailored

Comment

Working...
                              X