• Time
  • Show
Clear All

please dont redrill them for the sake of 1mm !! ,
    wobble bolts and spigot rings/spacers should do the job fine,
    search maverick wheels on facebook .. shiny shiny wide wide

Comment

Originally posted by cleanmk6 View Post
      Well having these wheels in both patterns is more attractive to potential future buyers as well as a direct fitment since I think I won't be spacing the wheels out since the offsets are perfect for the mk6 but if I do it's easier to just run spacers with re drilled wheels.
      You're not going to be able to have them in BOTH 114.3 and 112, to have them redrilled you have to fill the original holes and then drill them out in the new pattern. So its not added value, but can actually be a negative to someone buying them in the future if they're not comfortable with redrilled wheels.
      Steve - now in San Diego!

Shoot My Car - Automotive Photography in SoCal

Comment

Originally posted by Aitch View Post
        You're not going to be able to have them in BOTH 114.3 and 112, to have them redrilled you have to fill the original holes and then drill them out in the new pattern. So its not added value, but can actually be a negative to someone buying them in the future if they're not comfortable with redrilled wheels.
        Hhmm I guess I'll just order some wobble bolts, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cleanmk6 View Post
          having these wheels in both patterns is more attractive to potential future buyers
          Molested super RSs vs unmolested super RSs.

hmmmmm?

Comment

I just don't like the idea of someone doing any kind of drilling over the stock BBS one. But many highly respected forum members on vortex and golfmk6 are all telling me to get them re drilled so at this point I'm really not sure how I'm going to go about this..
            Wobble bolts 100.00
            Re drilling 160.00

Comment

VR wheels did a fill and drill on my Super RS. WIth yours, considering you can run wobble bolts, I'd opt for that instead of having to modify them. I needed to go to 5x100 so my only option was redrill since I didnt want to run adapters.

Here's a pic of fill and drill.. you cannot do dual drill because they arent flat backed.

Here's a picture of it refinished, you cant even tell that it was redrilled and I didnt need to repaint the faces either, they are still factory BBS paint. Lips and hex cap were polished, along with gold bolts.

So again, to maintain the value of your wheels I would highly suggest wobble bolts. It's super easy to fuck up redrill.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Johnston View Post
                VR wheels did a fill and drill on my Super RS. WIth yours, considering you can run wobble bolts, I'd opt for that instead of having to modify them. I needed to go to 5x100 so my only option was redrill since I didnt want to run adapters.

Here's a pic of fill and drill.. you cannot do dual drill because they arent flat backed.

Here's a picture of it refinished, you cant even tell that it was redrilled and I didnt need to repaint the faces either, they are still factory BBS paint. Lips and hex cap were polished, along with gold bolts.

So again, to maintain the value of your wheels I would highly suggest wobble bolts. It's super easy to fuck up redrill.
                Yeaa I agree with you. Esp since I won't be needing spacers since my offset is dead on and rear wheels will be cambered in a little as well.

Also few mkv people told me that I won't even need wobble bolts since if using 12mm shank holes I'm going to have to widen the wheel holes. After I do that, there should be no problem running stock lugs instead of widening the holes to run wobble.

Btw nice wheels! Did you polish them yourself or had it done? And how hard it is to take out the bolts?

Comment

That fitment should be fine on a MK6! You'll likely have to bore the lug holes out to 16mm or 5/8" but other than that get some 215/35s on those bitches and you'll be looking minty (assuming your ride heigh is on point).

Comment

Originally posted by cardoza View Post
                    That fitment should be fine on a MK6! You'll likely have to bore the lug holes out to 16mm or 5/8" but other than that get some 215/35s on those bitches and you'll be looking minty (assuming your ride heigh is on point).
                    Well I already have tires, ended up going with 205/40/18 for the front and 215/40/18 for the rear with yoko s. drive

Comment

mind posting a photo of the rear stretch? thanks.

Comment

mind posting a photo of the rear stretch? thanks.
                        Well I'm currently working on my wheels so as soon as they are finished, tires will be mounted and many pictures will be posted.

Comment

Hey guys I'm new on here.
                          But hey man I got 18x9 et 50 with a 215 40 tire. Here's a test pic. "bags go on this week so sry for the wheel gap"

It's on a mkv GTI by the way.

Comment

do you have a shot taken from the side so i can see how much stretch? Roads are realllllly bad where I drive so I need something that won't expose the edges.. those look borderline

Comment

do you have a shot taken from the side so i can see how much stretch? Roads are realllllly bad where I drive so I need something that won't expose the edges.. those look borderline
                              Do these help.

Comment

that helps so much! thanks a lot. what brand/model tire is that?

Comment

Working...
                                X