X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chris_newcoololdschool View Post
    I get you, pretty much anyway :P

I didnt realise et changed with width, I thought it just measured the distance from the hub to the inner and outer edges of the rims, and so automatically was higher or lower/ the further in or out the wheel sat, regardless of wheel width, just generally meaning small width rims were always higher et than wider ones.

But i get what you mean, its just overly complicated :P

Edit: after re-reading the first part of your explanation I know understand it Thanks

2nd Edit: So, for my fronts face to be the same position as my rears: They're currently 7j et20 i would need to buy 35mm (25.4 plus10) spacers? This would then lower the et by 35? to make them 7j et-15?
    Josh help, im now confused. It's too early.
    Build Thread:Bagged Integra Type R DC2.

Comment

• Chris what you need to do in this situation is measure from your wheel lip straight out horizontally to where you want the wheel to sit and that will equal the sized spacer you need. All the above calculations are fine but the same offset doesn't mean it will sit evenly front to rear because front and rear geometry isn't the same. Your not poking your rear right? (nohomo) So measure the rear to the arch then measure the front to the arch and the difference your spacer size, need to match the distance to arch regarless of et's and widths. Sense?
      Last edited by Anonymoose; 03-15-2011, 04:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JonnyBoi View Post
        Gay white van man
        'cept its silver.

Wheels look awesome though on it.

Comment

• Or here's a diagram for ya Chris
          Attached Files

Comment

• That is one very detailed accurate diagram you have there

Comment

• notsureifsrs.jpg? It is right right?

Comment

• I skipped what you two were talking about to look at pictures so ignore my reply.

Comment

• Alloy Wheel & tyre fitment calculator - it calculates inset, poke, speedo error, tyre stretch and loads more.

Good website, even calculates tyre stretch!

You probably seen it before.. But still useful

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                    Chris what you need to do in this situation is measure from your wheel lip straight out horizontally to where you want the wheel to sit and that will equal the sized spacer you need. All the above calculations are fine but the same offset doesn't mean it will sit evenly front to rear because front and rear geometry isn't the same. Your not poking your rear right? (nohomo) So measure the rear to the arch then measure the front to the arch and the difference your spacer size, need to match the distance to arch regarless of et's and widths. Sense?
                    my rears pretty much sit perfect, slight poke, with the wheels being 9j et15 with a 5mm spacer giving final offset: 9j et10 no?

For the fronts i know that to space it out i just need to measure from where the lip is to where i want it to fit, but surely the calculation i did above works too, or was that just pot luck?

EDIT: just used the website scrapp provided, and it shows that the 7j at et-15 matches the 9j et10 in poke, so my calculation was right
                    Last edited by chris_newcoololdschool; 03-15-2011, 06:05 AM.
                    Project NewCoolOldSchool started

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                      I skipped what you two were talking about to look at pictures so ignore my reply.
                      haha fucking moose and his random diagram post

Originally posted by chris_newcoololdschool View Post
                      my rears pretty much sit perfect, slight poke, with the wheels being 9j et15 with a 5mm spacer giving final offset: 9j et10 no?

For the fronts i know that to space it out i just need to measure from where the lip is to where i want it to fit, but surely the calculation i did above works too, or was that just pot luck?
                      It may be close enough but it has more to do with where your arches are not wheel specs, just measuring it is the easiest most accurate way to do it imo although your still limited to whatever sized spacer you can get so...meh. On other cars the offsets/widths required to be even are a lot different so that's the most basic straight up method. Say on my car I have 8.5j and 10j with basically the same offset and it's even.

And your right with your rear offset

Edit: I'm not good with those calculator things but to me you would use that when you are changing wheel specs or tyres on the same wheel not front and back, and you'd still have to measure things anyway...I dunno
                      Last edited by Anonymoose; 03-15-2011, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• Cheers, thats the problem with having such Mahusive arches on the front to fill :P

But that website scrapp posted is awesome, for comparing different sizes, all its missing is arches for poke, but obv that varies on car to car...
                        Project NewCoolOldSchool started

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                          Nice ..So you and Jorge tag teamed that spot eh
                          Oh yeah, was the first time I'd been up there....my usual favourite spot wasn't accessible on a Sunday evening

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                          Hahah wow didn't even notice they were same spot.

Someone said to me they have seen a Civic coupe outside Blockbuster on your wheels, new car?
                          haha really, its only been in Derby since Friday. Yeah the winter raped the hatch with rust and this coupe popped up for a sweet price, gonna be getting rid of the RZs soon too

Comment

• It's a shame they've ripped down the barn just up the road, that looked awesome on pictures.

Yeah, they said they saw it outside blockbuster on Friday... coupe looks better than hatch anyway, and the RZs were too small. any hints on new wheels?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                              It's a shame they've ripped down the barn just up the road, that looked awesome on pictures.

Yeah, they said they saw it outside blockbuster on Friday... coupe looks better than hatch anyway, and the RZs were too small. any hints on new wheels?
                              Yeah I definitely prefer the look of the coupe, I'm not too sure yet, just on the lookout for some nice 16s with polished lips. Will have the centres either grape or bright purple, not sure which yet...

Comment

• Originally posted by JonnyBoi View Post
                                Gay white van man

Comment

Working...
                                X