This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    I was just going to say, load ratings would be where my major concern is.. Car weighs 1.5 tons, bike weighs 600 lbs...
    weight isnt as much of an issue as much as the bead. Apparently its REALLY hard to get the bead to sit and seat properly with a motorcycle tire on a car wheel.

As far was the weight. Meh, i have 175's stretched on my 5500lb car inflated to like 65 psi
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

Yes it's been done and no I don't have a picture. It looks just like having a donut tire on a decent sized wheel, like shit. Only place I've seen it done is in Japan and a couple VW Bug dudes for fun.
      ShakotanOscar.blogspot.com
      Fabulous Street Scene

Comment

Comment

exactly what i was thinking, thanks

Comment

yeah that's a sick idea... any camber... those vip camber freak japanese doods should look into that.

doit.

Comment

Many motorcycle tires have softer outer tread for more traction while leaning (though I think this is less common on touring tires), which would be worse for wear than car tires. Additionally, the exceeded load ratings would likely cause additional wear as well.

Comment

this is a pretty interesting thought. I'd like to see some more input on this

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

for this to look even remotely decent on something other than a hot rod you would need a crazy wide tire, like a 300, and those are not cheap.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by NickBlais View Post
                    has anyone ever tried or heard of someone trying to put those huge motorcycle tires on car wheels? Or could it even be done?
                    Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
                    this is a pretty interesting thought. I'd like to see some more input on this
                    Originally posted by SeanDub View Post

Originally posted by shogunner View Post
                    yeah that's a sick idea... any camber... those vip camber freak japanese doods should look into that.

doit.
                    Notsureifsrs.jpg
                    Originally posted by anth
                    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post

Notsureifsrs.jpg
                      no.

Comment

. . . .

Comment

Here comes Oxer with some funny pictures to lighten the mood

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

Ok so i personally wouldn't do this. The main point that everyone is bringing up is load rating. The tires on my car have a load rating of 86. (225/35r17) i looked up a comparable motorcycle tire a
                            VENOM-R AM4 has a load rating of 90. this is for a 300/40r17. so can they handle the weight yes. as for wear rating does it really matter with our camber??

Comment

I think it would look rather cool fitted. maybe on something on the smaller side of things? e30 or a miata etc...
                              E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
                              E36 M3 Mugello rot
                              GEN2 TUNDRA CM
                              https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

A lot of Evo drag cars used to/still run motorcycle slicks. The reason they use them is because they will fit on the car with 17 in wheels/stock wheels. So they wouldn't have to downgrade to a 16" wheel or smaller.
                                03 Evo 8
                                18x9.5

WFC# 463

Comment

Working...
                                X