Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chris@MemoryFab View Post
    I had D2 coils on my e30
    I have D2's on my e30 right now and I'm not a fan. Ride is pretty good and they go low enough, but their customer service is fucking terrible. Tried calling the number on their American site and they don't even have a voice mailbox for me to leave a message and they didn't pick up once from the multiple times I called. My only other option is to try and contact their Taiwanese office, which is something I don't wanna deal with.

I've come to the conclusion that D2 sucks and considering the fact that my strut is blown after a couple months is disappointing to say the least. I'm now going with coilovers from Broadway Static. They're definitely on the pricey side, but they'll take care of you. I haven't ordered them yet, but I plan to soon. Definitely talk to Jaze@BroadwayStatic. He's the man.

Comment

• Kw v1 not even coiled all the way down..luv em.
      Now to put my IS lip back on n i'm done til my motor is ready.

Comment

• I'm rocking the KW coils.

Here are som pictures of the car as it sits, when on the Nürburgring. The car can go 97mm or almost 10cm lower in the front coils. So you can seriously slam it, with the KW coils.

Comment

• Haven't posted in here in quite some time.

Last year I made my own setup with ebay sleeves, eibach race springs, ix shocks and 3.75" shortened front strut tubes. It was a good setup, but needed camber plates and proper valved shocks to be perfect.

So I decided to try BC racing coils, as I heard they offered custom lengths/rates etc.

For less then 1300.00 CDN to my door I recieved my BC's

Specs are

3" shorter front shocks
          2" shorter rear shocks
          6" 10k front springs
          5" 12k rear springs
          all valved to work together, with adjustable shocks, camber plates and RSM's.

I love the setup, I'm running preload at all 4 corners, and have my subframe about 1" from the ground. I daily drive the car as it sits, and take it anywhere and everywhere. Luckily I don't have to worry about pan hitting ever due to being swapped.

I highly recommend BC's, about 1.5" avail to go down in the front but the wheels are in the way, would have gotten 5" springs up front for this reason if I did it again.

Comment

• We use 5" up front and 4" out back, shortened, hand valved, 14k/17k swift or hyperco springs. Best seller right here, I get straight up thank you emails!

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
              We use 5" up front and 4" out back, shortened, hand valved, 14k/17k swift or hyperco springs. Best seller right here, I get straight up thank you emails!

Whats pricing like on these?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchy View Post
                Whats pricing like on these?
                i think they run aronund 1600 trying to get on them soon here....
                IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchy View Post
                  I highly recommend BC's
                  I concur, love mine

1991 E30 Sedan - Build Thread

Comment

• Those KW's looks great.

Another way to go low is the GE Coilovers. It is like $330 for springs/adjuster in 4" or 6" (i think) with 450f 650r. I have read people pairing them with the ix billie up front with 2-3" shortened housing and whatever in the back (not sure)

This is most likely what I will do as it will put me around $700-$800 for low.

Comment

• My hesitation with KW is the spring rates which i think aren't that hard, from memory like 7/9? I don't believe they are really supposed to be super low i don't think.

@Jaze - i've messaged Kielan as i am trying to save for some BWS for my E30 and was curious on pricing and spec. I think postage might kill me to Australia though, he was going to look into it for me. Anyway he said the springs were 5" all round as 4" wasn't possible, so i just was curious to confirm on that as you say rears are 4"?

Also in terms of the rates, i was thinking 9k/11k or 10k/12k cause it is a pretty light car. From my S13 days i know that rates of 8/6 or 10/8 were 'standard' and pretty hard. i had 18/12 on my Lexus GS300 but that thing was bulky as hell! Likewise i know some big Japanese VIP car guys do run 20/18, 24/21 and other simiarly high teen to low 20s rates however I am a bit surprised an E30 would need 14/17? Is this recommended even if the car is effectively daily driven? I assume you could revalve to suit say 10/12? Also i do know some people locally with S13s who had their front strut towers starting to tear when drifting on 10/12 rates so i would worry that 14/17 may cause similar on the old E30?

Comment

• best place to buy rear 4 in 600lb coils? (2.5 ID) not looking to spend a lot of $. just bought a ton of stuff, just need short rear springs
                        -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                        -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                        MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                        Got Drop??

Comment

• im thinking of getting bc coilovers for an e30 im getting but im just wondering if having to weld the front strut tube on can mess up the suspension geometry? or does it slide over the stock one on the spindle?

Comment

• where are you guys buying your bc coils from where you can specify shock rates/spring heights etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                              i think they run aronund 1600 trying to get on them soon here....
                              Yup 1600 waiting on my set to get here
                              Follow on IG
                              amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
                              Vintage AME Wheels
                              RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
                              W115 & W123

Comment

• I have mine installed. I have pics and such in the BWS group buy thread. Check em out. Ride and look awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X