Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are a skier/snowboarder, rock climber,or wind watersport enthusiast, and you don't want to live right in the city, then look at Squamish. You are close to Van, closer to Whistler/ Blackcomb, Big Chief for climbing, and river to inlet standing waves for kiteboarding. Epic stuff on all sides and 45mins from downtown Van.

Comment

Hey dude,
      Sorry man it was not my intent to bum you out, I was just trying to paint a picture of what its like out there beyond the mountains and the pretty views. If it is were you want to be, then by all means go..

Finding a place over the net will be tricky, your best bet is to be there, looking for apartments with For Rent signs out front, then you can call and go see them while your there, Thats how I got both of my places in Downtown.

I lived in Abbotsford for about a year which was chill. It was pretty easy to find a basement apartment and it was cheap living to. As long as you stay near the east end of town, once you past Clearbrook it gets very Surreyish. Its not as expensive as Langley and it's not a crazy as Chilliwack.
      Last edited by Z.Cockburn; 01-27-2011, 12:10 PM.

Comment

yes, absolutely. Van is great,we are only trying to help you make an informed choice. Just stay away from surrey, my sister is a RCMP there. It is one of the busiest detachments in Canada. Langley is much nicer than the other outlying communities as it is more of it's own small town, the others are just housing for Van. The closer to Abbottsford the higher the smell level. Maple ridge area is nice too, with affordable housing and close to a fantastic provincial park, Golden Ears and Allouette lake.

Gordo.

Comment

I'm not actually bummed out, I was just trying to be a lil jokester

You have no idea how much help all of your advice has been to me, everyone! It's made the difference between being unsure and committed. I'm incredibly excited to go and test things out and meet some people. my girlfriend's on board to move, and so is another friend of mine.

1) Surry = bad? More info please.

2) Abbotsford = smelly? conformation on this?

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

if you arent moving to the US youre bullshitting.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
              if you arent moving to the US youre bullshitting.
              How so?

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

Winnipeg is pretty good if you don't want a horribly busy city. Plus there are jobs to be had. Winnipeg is still small and you would adapt very quickly.

Most people I know from B.C. wouldn't live in Vancouver because it is impractical, but rather live in/around the valleys.

As for our car scene, yeah it's pretty good. Quality builds and amazing cars are becoming more common which is very nice. Here's an old shot of a few of our cars:

Mr. Kartikeya's old car on the far left, my old car in the center.

Comment

Oh man, I forgot that was after the show. I wish I'd gotten more shots of the roof before I sold it.

Comment

FFFUUUUUUU I really want to go to Vancouver now.

Comment

Working...
                    X