No announcement yet.

The Oil Pan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ripped through my first one a few weeks ago! skid plate is next on the list after seeing what tore through it...
    does anyone want to trade me their 16's? : )

Comment

• This is my crossmember, The bolts have been worn down atleast 1/4" the bars used the be round to the mounts too.
      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
      he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• popped my cherry, jb welded and hoped for the best.

2nd time decided to weld the crack and jb weld for insurance, and add skid plate.

ground clearance. i cant push the skid plate up anymore. you can barely fit a finger between the pan and skid plate.

Last edited by Beanzermin; 08-21-2010, 12:42 PM.
        05 Scion xB
        84 BMW 533i

Comment

• since i have an e36, we all know frame scrapes everything.

BUT, i do have multiple scratches on the grooves on the pan behind the chassis bar/brace. raised~1mm today for spacers, so thats not a factor anymore.

Comment

• This si a sick thread! i have been lucky so far!

Comment

• My pan actually looked like Walnuts' pan at STOCK ride height on my Firebird. I hammered out the majority of the dents during my engine rebuild. I'm maybe 3/4" lower and that's as low as I'll go here in Lubbock. I will just barely scrape my longtubes coming out of my driveway with a passenger.

Oil pump is actually centered around the crankshaft, so I don't have to worry about ruining any of that.

I also have a new tubular k-member that offers a little more clearance, but not quite as much protection. Nothing like losing 50 lbs of dead weight off the nose of a car
              I'll be contemplating doing a full flat belly pan for the car after I finish school. Car will be going through an engine swap then and turbocharged

2000 V6 Firebird
              • H/C/I • Full exhaust • Strano HP7 w/Konis • Watts Link • GTO T-56 •
              sigpic

Comment

• Its plastic lip.. but the automatic tranny slamed the ground several times (clearance 3cm)

Ex ride of my girl.. Jetta MK2

Currenty owned cars:
                VW passat 3b 1997 daily on 19 inches
                BMW E30 M3 S50B30 waiting for summer 2011

Comment

• Crack fixed and plated for more carnage.
                  INSTRAGRAM @jbootyyy @superstarcustoms

Comment

• I love my m60 pan- Not only is it steel, but it's one of the highest things on the front of the car now. I still smash steering rack though

Comment

• ive never broken a pan.... and ive bottomed out the pinchwelds on my old mk3 till they were flat and then lowered it more because i had more clearence

on 16" rota slips lol

Last edited by skrapez; 09-02-2010, 08:48 PM.
                      cars and stuff

Comment

• im on my 4th in my teg....last one had a welded plate but still didnt help..lol
                        -Jorge-

Comment

• on my last oil changed i found a lil scuff. and since my sister and a friend of ours both busted pans just last week, im trying hard not to be the third! even tho that's tough in southern NY

Comment

• im on my second in the jetta. finished the first one with all of the crazy construction going on in my area.

Comment

• For all the bmw's in this thread is it not possible to do an engine lift? Even if its just 10mm?

Or is it too much work?
                              Originally posted by anth
                              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• oh its not hard to do a small engine lift. my s52 is 1/2" higher than stock. but it wont really help, the oil pans r way to fragile. My last one just slapped the ground and cracked almost all the way around.

Comment

Working...
                                X