No announcement yet.

The Oil Pan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really **** that my oil pan is as low as my spoiler.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

• damn that's low.. and mine is safe for now

Comment

• destroyed one in the MINI crossing an unfamiliar intersection. The fckn pan and gasket were 5 bills from the stealership. Working on raising the motor to save oil pans and cv's
        Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
        . Your wheels are the automotive equivalent of droopy, oversized labia, sometimes there is such a thing as too much lip.

Comment

• Originally posted by simple g50 View Post
          Popped my cherry

Damn, what the hell did you run over? No offense, but car looks high as shit in that pic, so I'm a little confused.

Comment

• i havent cracked mine yet,,,but i sure do get owned when i go over road reflecktors lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by slocar View Post
              Damn, what the hell did you run over? No offense, but car looks high as shit in that pic, so I'm a little confused.
              Yea that pic does not do justice on how slammed my car is. My oil pan sits about 1.5" off the ground.

Comment

• Cracked my pan through my skid plate when I had my mk4.

My function is form

Comment

• The other day I broke my oil filter open! Not my pan, it sits too high, where as the filter sits 1-2 inches lower. Huge dip in the road, and then went back up too fast. Smashhhhh.

stanceNeon | halcyonphoto.net

Comment

• Originally posted by glasswars View Post
                    The other day I broke my oil filter open! Not my pan, it sits too high, where as the filter sits 1-2 inches lower. Huge dip in the road, and then went back up too fast. Smashhhhh.
                    those dips are lethal, thats exactly how i smashed mine

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

• mk4 gli - had an inch to the pan when i was sitting on my control arms
                      mk3 2.0 rubbed through like 4 but they are $21 a piece
                      mk3 vr6 rubbed throught about 6 which sucks at 150 something a piece, vr pans are as low as the vr lip....

my buddy did the mk5 r pump and pan which lasted a week, rubbed through it
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Originally posted by 340i View Post
                        so nobody at all has gone drysump to solve this problem? its expensive, but would save the dramas in the longrun.
                        I'm going dry sump with my current swap, but it is not just so I can go low, It's more about the consistent oil pressure and it's more than a little expensive, it will be close to $5.5k by the time my setup is ready to roll.
                        For those wondering what goes into a proper dry sump system I've listed the components I'm using on my car below.

$2200- 4 stage pump, bracket, belt drive, belts and new crank pulley/harmonic dampner from VAC

$450- Block off plate for oil housing from VAC

$700 Dry-sump oilpan from ARE

$480- AN fittings $20x24 from summit racing

$400-800 assorted Hose for AN fittings from summit racing

$150- Oil cooler from Summit Racing

$600- 2 gallon oil sump from Peterson

$300- breathers, inline filters, bulkhead connectors ect.

so yeah around $5500 for those who are wondering what "expensive" is.

But that's only around 9 of my oilpans by the time you factor in oil/gaskets and that's with me doing all the labor.

after a half dozen oilpans on my old corrado I wish I had dry sumped my cars earlier.

Erik

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                          those dips are lethal, thats exactly how i smashed mine
                          Yeah man and it was from a construction zone too. Thanks to the town for cleaning that up. Whatever. Btw, your car is so sick!

stanceNeon | halcyonphoto.net

Comment

• Originally posted by glasswars View Post
                            Yeah man and it was from a construction zone too. Thanks to the town for cleaning that up. Whatever. Btw, your car is so sick!
                            thank you sir, you have one of few neons that i like

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

• this thread is full of win.

Do I dare say I can't wait to join the crew??

Comment

• You can kind of see mine in this pic. The lip is a little less than a phone off the ground if that helps visualize it at all. Going an inch and a half lower too

Comment

Working...
                                X