Anyone Juiced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Juiced?

Im still on the search for adjustable ride height at the flick of a switch but have pretty much ruled out air ride due to the handling aspect
    (civic ek with a integra type r conversion, its not going to be a slouch, or spending its time on the motorway/straight lines)
    My next idea was to go with Hydraulic Suspension anyone here running such a setup?
    Ive 'heard' that the handling is ace and would make the civic handle like a gokart (ride 'quality' is not a concern, i dont mind a bumpy ride) can anyone back this up?

There are a few guys on here with Hydraulics. I know Benz88 has some on his Lincoln, and he has said great things about his.

And unless you intend on tracking the car, air is still a very reasonable option.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Hydraulics have a great ride when you incorporate actuators in the system.
      Originally posted by anth
      Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
        Hydraulics have a great ride when you incorporate actuators in the system.
        Accumulators is what you were looking for there...

and as far as handling goes when it comes to air ride, my car handles and rides better on air then most of my friends cars that are on coil-overs.

Comment

Why do you say you ruled out air ride due to the handling?
          Originally posted by Jesus Christ
          if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
          Originally posted by Jedidiah
          he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Im on hydraulics. Handling can be great depending on how you set it up. If you use stock coils cut down it should ride really good and handle decent. if you want more cushion add accumulators or shocks. both help alot. If you want more help let me know.

Also told you guys we need a Hydraulic section.
            he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyBoyOne3 View Post
              Accumulators is what you were looking for there...
              Indeed it was... Mind blank. I blame dehydration..
              Originally posted by anth
              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

i ruled out air just from what ive read in general. I have a friend that has bags on a clio, and it bounces whilst going down the motorway. So just from seeing that i cannot really see it being great in the corners. Also, in my mind .. i can see the bag 'tearing' when cornering hard.

Im not looking to do trackdays with the car (but if hydraulics can stand up to it then thats peeeeerfect) BUT i may look into a trip the the nurburg ring in the future, but its not too much of a problem as il just use a different car if it comes to it

Il more than likely go with Rayvern Hydraulics, id like to have a go setting it up myself (which saves me £750) but im not too sure yet..

It was said that 'Handling with our diss setup it will handle like a go kart' ...I would guess that means distribution setup but im not sure?

Comment

Originally posted by j-stance View Post
                  i ruled out air just from what ive read in general. I have a friend that has bags on a clio, and it bounces whilst going down the motorway. So just from seeing that i cannot really see it being great in the corners. Also, in my mind .. i can see the bag 'tearing' when cornering hard.

Im not looking to do trackdays with the car (but if hydraulics can stand up to it then thats peeeeerfect) BUT i may look into a trip the the nurburg ring in the future, but its not too much of a problem as il just use a different car if it comes to it

Il more than likely go with Rayvern Hydraulics, id like to have a go setting it up myself (which saves me £750) but im not too sure yet..

It was said that 'Handling with our diss setup it will handle like a go kart' ...I would guess that means distribution setup but im not sure?
                  Bags don't magically tear or pop from hard cornering and driving in general unless if it is being struck with a sharp object or rubbing against something. A specific PSI in the bag equates to a "spring rate" so the bouncing is probably either from a high PSI or a low PSI. I mean, look at the lorries that are around - they use air-ride in one way or another and carrying 20,000lbs of load doesn't "pop" them, either.

I need to find the old school Camaros and Mustang auto-crossing on air-ride videos to post up...
                  if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
                  Originally posted by Jedidiah
                  he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

There are many "myths" associated with air suspension setups... one of the worst, is that it doesn't handle as well. That is a fallacy, as the system can be designed and properly setup to handle exactly as needed! One of the cool things that we've found with the pro-touring and performance driven markets is that an air system can be dialed in using our e-Level controller by programming the #1 preset with the exact specs needed to rally, track, or race, and then simply use the #2 setting for daily driving

With proper engineering and installation, the spring rates can be controlled and will still offer the desired functionality and adjustability you're after!
                    Mike Alexander
                    Director of Marketing
                    Mike@AccuAirCS.com
                    (877) 247-3696

Comment

Originally posted by AccuMike View Post
                      There are many "myths" associated with air suspension setups... one of the worst, is that it doesn't handle as well. That is a fallacy, as the system can be designed and properly setup to handle exactly as needed! One of the cool things that we've found with the pro-touring and performance driven markets is that an air system can be dialed in using our e-Level controller by programming the #1 preset with the exact specs needed to rally, track, or race, and then simply use the #2 setting for daily driving

With proper engineering and installation, the spring rates can be controlled and will still offer the desired functionality and adjustability you're after!
                      ah okay...
                      is there much of a price difference between hydraulic and air?
                      i was quoted £1350 for the kit and £750 fitting.

Comment

hydraulics generally cost more. Especially for a better brand. I think im into mine for around $2500. Just for the system. Then factor in $100+ a pop for a group 31 battery(you need these), 2-3 of them minimum.
                        he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

I have been looking into this a bit too. And as you have heard from others that when an air system is set up and engineered right it handles great. The problems that I believe the poor handling comments have come from is when the air is used to it's extremes (much the case of many of the cars on this site) . The air bags change in air pressure relates to a change in spring rate and thus ride height. The problem with that is the spring rate should be balanced to the shock dampening rate. If you had adjustable shocks that adjusted with the air pressure in the bags that would be the best scenario possible.
                          I have been looking at Hydraulics mounted on coilovers (spring perches). This setup lets you keep your spring rate the same and your shock dampening is ballance to that spring so ride quality does not change with ride height. The only problem would be if you are looking for extreme changes in ride height, such as a Socal Impala bouncing the front end. This setup only allowes a change of 45mm, but that is enough to change ride height without drastically changing steering geometre.
                          I think this would be a great setup if you wanted to park all tucked, but drive without rub. And price is not that bad because you can add them to your existing coilovers or purchase the whole kit.

Our Products Extensive Selection, Quality Brands, One-Of-A-Kind Results Tunerworks supplies a wide range of aftermarket parts to fit all types of vehicles from sedans, sports cars, exotics, and track cars to pickup trucks and SUVs. Our sales team offers personalized recommendations for upgrading your vehicle from the vast

Gordo.

Comment

I'm on juice, and I love it! One pump six dump with accumulators. Best riding car you'll ever be in.

Comment

sick benz right there

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
                              X