No announcement yet.

We can rebuild it. 91 Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow this is inspiring!! coming along awesome. canada - fuck ya! *insert song here*

Comment

• Originally posted by C.Johnston View Post
      wow this is inspiring!! coming along awesome. canada - fuck ya! *insert song here*
      haha thanks.

Put seam sealer along the inside of the arch lips and anywhere else it was needed on the bottom of the floors and inside the rear apron.
      The quarters are..id say about 85% smoothed now alone with the rear apron corners.
      Close to that stage where I can top it off with glaze and get it done.
      I also decided to delete the rear center badge. The indent is far too deep to fill so had to weld it in first. Closed it off with weld and did a thin coat of filler over.

91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

• Dave it keeps getting better and better. Great workmanship and good momentum with your project.

Comment

• i love restoration build thread, you have some serious skill

Comment

• Originally posted by ImAwesome View Post
            i love restoration build thread, you have some serious skill
            understatement

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• im addicted to this build real nice work...... freekin good!!!!!!!!!!
              back to basic's - 1972 RWD

Opel 1604S

Comment

• Holy shit. This thread is so inspirational. The work youve done to this car proves to me that any old rust bucket can be restored properly back to life. Keep up the good work!

Comment

• Originally posted by voorhees View Post
                  im addicted to this build real nice work...... freekin good!!!!!!!!!!
                  Originally posted by Unit9 View Post
                  Holy shit. This thread is so inspirational. The work youve done to this car proves to me that any old rust bucket can be restored properly back to life. Keep up the good work!
                  Thanks, you guys are making me all teary eyed..

Small update. Have a lot of stuff on the go. Rear floor and quarters aren't done yet since ive started to work on the front fenders that I took out of storage yesterday. I want to redo and keep these since aftermarket ones fit like crap.

All the mounting holes are still intact. No rot except for one odd spot on the drivers side fender that you can tell was masked and sprayed with something because of the buildup and rust coming through. Started stripping the spot and started cutting into a shit load of body filler. Turned out the fender had a decent dent by the lip and someone just bondoed over it filling the dent with about half an inch of body filler.

Perfect chance to try out some amateur panel beating

hard to see the depth in the pic but the whole center part was pressed in.

After

Next is cleaning the inside from the 20 years of stuck dirt. Deleting the sidemakers and smoothing it all out.
                  Last edited by renngolf; 05-03-2011, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• Thought mine was rusty...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Great Job mate,really as, I myself have a red gti mark2 that i began work on and stopped , really must get stuck in and finish it now,just needs resprayed, your thread is an inspiration lol!!

Keep it up!
                      Stanceworks, Bitch's.

Comment

• "Tell Aaron to get that beetle finished. "

I take offence to that..... and nice work so far Dawid!

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithSRi View Post
                          Great Job mate,really as, I myself have a red gti mark2 that i began work on and stopped , really must get stuck in and finish it now,just needs resprayed, your thread is an inspiration lol!!

Keep it up!
                          Thanks man. Post it up sometime.

Originally posted by Glock View Post
                          "Tell Aaron to get that beetle finished. "

I take offence to that..... and nice work so far Dawid!

Thanks Aaaaaaaron.

Small update. Didn't spend too much time on the golf recently.
                          Mixed up some paint with hardener and did a few coats over the epoxy primer on the bottom. After it dried gave it a few coats of rocker guard over the painted spots. The spots where the oem seam sealer was good just got some black paint to match the rest of the floor.

Some more work on the fenders. Still a ton of work to do its depressing.

Comment

• Winning

Comment

• it is nice to see someone restoring a car for once! keep up the good work man! are low's coming? :
                              Dont H****! appreciate..

Comment

• Originally posted by FitzleBerry View Post
                                it is nice to see someone restoring a car for once! keep up the good work man! are low's coming? :
                                this is no longer restoring man, this is rebuilding

OT

glad u filled the sml

imo they are fugly on mk2
                                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                                X