No announcement yet.

We can rebuild it. 91 Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! that is dope, will be following this closely.

nice princess auto jackstands.

Comment

Amazing build thread... in for more!

Comment

Originally posted by afioremk3 View Post
        Great work! I love seeing projects like this. What are the plans for the engine, exterior and interior?

I had an mk2 which I traded for an old laptop. Wish I had the time and money to restore it. I ended up selling it.
        Trust me I know the feeling. I miss my Mk3 daily still. Never let me down but when the floors were beyond repair, it just wasn't worth fixing and the car just got worse. I patched up the floors ended up selling it for 500 bucks. I wrote out a list of problems it had and gave it to the guy buying it.

Once the body work, suspension and brakes are done I plan on picking up a running donor. The motor will be a straight ABA for the first year. Obd1 or 2 I don't know yet. Will be using the mk3 harness for the engine bay and lighting. The gas tank and lines will be swapped out to a mk3 and all the necessary bits and ends. It will be getting upgraded in stages whether i decide to make it into an ABF clone, turbo the 8v as is. I'm not sure at this point. I'm leaning more towards a quick little NA ABF right now.

Exterior will be as it came from the factory, Big bumpers, big doors, oem grille, fat trim. I think the only difference will be smoked aero's, a fuba antenna on the roof how the gti's had it and possibly a deleted rear wiper. I know a lot of people dig the small bumpers for that more old school look but imo it works better on jettas. It makes golf look too short but thats always easy to change if I get bored. As for wheels I have a set of BBS's that will be refinished. 15x8 polished lips on silver barrels.

Interior incldues the headliner being recovered in black. ABC pillars black, black gti carpet, the rear seat will be deleted with a thin carpeted false floor to cover the rear seat base and hatch/spare area. Dash will be stock oem silver trim, will be using the stock mk2 cluster with the aba, stereo if I end up running one will be in the center console with a 42dd triple gauge pod in its place in the dash. I picked up a mk1 washer tank that is small enough to sit behind one of the rear tails and run the lines up to the hood.

Kind of the idea im working towards. I may attempt to re-cover the door cards on my own since I have two sets.

Originally posted by abefuentes View Post
        I had a question, how did shipping go for those oversea parts you ordered?
        You are in the US right?
        No I am in Canada but I cant see it being much different. This is the rundown of the parts, prices and shipping to Canada. I think I paid 30 bucks in duty fees etc when I picked it up at the post.

Thats a battery tray, the opposite passenger side tray, and two rear quarter panels. The panels are Klokkerholm in case you were wondering.
        Got to my door in about four weeks. Germans don't muck about, I would gladly order again from those guys. The one place online that was offering a battery tray in the states wanted 90 dollars for one.

Hope this helps you out
        Last edited by renngolf; 01-10-2011, 03:34 PM.
        91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

Well these are the last few pics for this leg of the project. Finished the two front brake lines. Threw in some deadening. If you've ever been in one you know how ratty and noisy they can be. I need to pick up some kind of undercarpet material still to even out the front floor portion before I can even think of putting the carpet in but that's still a long way away.

Once it warms up the progress will continue. Thanks everyone for the kind words.
          Good luck on all your projects.

Dave

Comment

great build man!
            sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1378227303

Comment

love the build! a old co worker i keep in touch with has a hole back yard full of old vw bus's beetles, golfs, jetta's and 2 passat 4 motion kompressors, he has finished 4 beetles (all different and unique, 1 vw truck, and 1 van, 1 Mercades (exact same as one princess dian was killed in... i think thats who it was...) they his son had a old GTI, not sure of year full rebuilt was so sick! keep up the good work!

Comment

rags to riches. this is coming along bad ass. and it looks like quickly!

Comment

great to see some more vw's on stanceworks, especially mkII's. nice progress too, looks like u got some skillz son hahah.

Comment

i **** VW's and certainly golf's to be honest... but I'm following this one just to make sure I can't change my mind... because yours Is coming along good fella! I like the fully refurbish/renew thing going on here, good luck with that brick

BMW E30 316 Type 1 "Isabel"

Originally posted by NickBroderick
                    I saw a stock height vette scrape into a restaurant parking lot when I was dropping off my brother for work. I then scraped a lot more than him and became happy.

Comment

Originally posted by 206929rr View Post
                      great to see some more vw's on stanceworks, especially mkII's. nice progress too, looks like u got some skillz son hahah.
                      Originally posted by Obscevator View Post
                      i **** VW's and certainly golf's to be honest... but I'm following this one just to make sure I can't change my mind... because yours Is coming along good fella! I like the fully refurbish/renew thing going on here, good luck with that brick
                      Definitely a bit of luck and lots of time and patience is needed for something like this. I can't wait to resume this once the weather warms up since there is still a lot of cutting/welding/cleaning/ etc to do on the rear portion of the car. If things go smoothly it may be running by next fall

Thanks for the comments

Comment

This is impressive! You just can't say no to such a thorough build!!
                        This is very inspirational, I can't wait to see the complete rebuild.

Comment

top notch work
                          IMG_20140729_210811 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

My build thread.http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33607
                          Instagram: MGRAND3

Comment

This is an amazing build, I love seeing builds like this. Keep up the good work!
                            My '66 C10 Build
                            My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

great work so far, keep it up!
                              Volkswagen Jetta, MKiii (Daily)
                              BMW 320i, E21 (FOR SALE)

Comment

i diggin it keep it up, keep it up
                                sigpicHowLowCanYouGo????

Comment

Working...
                                X