Air Ride e30 Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Ride e30 Question?

I have a '88 325 vert that I think air ride is my best bet w/ the terrible roads we got in Costa Rica (I scrape like crazy w/ my e46).

Some of my friend in Miami tells me I'm better of building my own kit than buying fully from a seller. Is this true? Also, is bags over coilover better?

Its not going to be a show car so I just need something simple.

Sorry for the noob question, never had too much experience w/ air suspension beside on a 2000 RR.

TIA.

Not even... Just because its custom doesn't mean its better then something that has been tested to be safe.

Most people just end up modifying a kit to fit their needs once its been installed.

Comment

I also have an E30 and am doing air on it. Instead of piecing together all the components, I ordered a complete air management system from AccuAir and it came with the compressors, tank, lines, remote control and all the fittings. I also am getting some UAS bags and brackets for over the struts in the front, then i am using UAS bags in the rear for the semi-trailing arm suspension set up.
      Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

try Bagyard, i know they have done e30 kits before
        Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

airbagit.com has a kit.
          //// www.loweredclass.com \\\\

Comment

how bad is handling affected by bagging ur car?

Comment

Originally posted by -negrito- View Post
              I have a '88 325 vert that I think air ride is my best bet w/ the terrible roads we got in Costa Rica (I scrape like crazy w/ my e46).

Some of my friend in Miami tells me I'm better of building my own kit than buying fully from a seller. Is this true? Also, is bags over coilover better?

Its not going to be a show car so I just need something simple.

Sorry for the noob question, never had too much experience w/ air suspension beside on a 2000 RR.

TIA.
              Yes bag over coils may be a cheaper route to take but they usually don't have as much travel or clearance as an actual bag kit that was designed for your car.

If money is an issue, there is a $250 rear kit option that requires minor modification but I would definitely recommend going with a front kit from BagYard.

Originally posted by sinner88 View Post
              how bad is handling affected by bagging ur car?
              Most people feel like bags handle just about as well as coilovers or a cup kit, but since you can ride at different heights with different pressures, the setup will have a progressive spring rate.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
              X