No announcement yet.

Coil over settling??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are the JOM fronts like? are the struts shorter than OEM?
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
      pull out the pads and adjuster.
      and by your sig, the car does not seem "slammed", lowerd yes, slammed no.

slammed in comparison to how it sits now.

oxer if i remove the springs, the axle will hit the chassis. and ride comfort will suffer immensely, and i got these to improve that.

i guess tonight ill just take out the stops and adjuster and see if that does anything. doubt it

Comment

yeah at least just run your already cut springs in the rear. no need to destroy a second set of springs. i would install the fronts, then run your cut springs in the rear and see if you like it. you can always look for shorter springs in the back later.
        Jason
        flickr
        build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
          That would gain maybe 20mm... LOL

Needs another 3-4 inches.
          exactly. so the factory cut coils are going back in.... then i guess ill sell the setup

Comment

Originally posted by VicSkimmr View Post
            yeah at least just run your already cut springs in the rear. no need to destroy a second set of springs. i would install the fronts, then run your cut springs in the rear and see if you like it. you can always look for shorter springs in the back later.
            exactly. but if i do that i have to keep the whole set. and lose 500 bucks

Comment

Am I missing something? Buy shorter springs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rally View Post
                Am I missing something? Buy shorter springs.
                no money now because i bought these piece of shits

Comment

If you wanted to go low and adjustable on the cheap you should've bought a cheap ass coilover conversion kit and some konis and made it work. Cheap ass coilover conversion kit for pretty much anything (75 bucks). Then actually spend some money where it counts and get some Konis(I'm sure you could get some for a couple hundred used).

JOM coilovers are exactly that except with shotty oem valved shocks, and huge springs. Might as well put that kit together the way you want with some quality shocks and springs that will get you the height you want.

Removing the collar will lower it exactly the same amount as the height of the collar lol no science in that man, and removing the stop won't help unless you sitting on them which you aren't at that height.

If getting your money back is an option, do that. 500 bucks on those...... damn

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                    If you wanted to go low and adjustable on the cheap you should've bought a cheap ass coilover conversion kit and some konis and made it work. Cheap ass coilover conversion kit for pretty much anything (75 bucks). Then actually spend some money where it counts and get some Konis(I'm sure you could get some for a couple hundred used).

JOM coilovers are exactly that except with shotty oem valved shocks, and huge springs. Might as well put that kit together the way you want with some quality shocks and springs that will get you the height you want.

Removing the collar will lower it exactly the same amount as the height of the collar lol no science in that man, and removing the stop won't help unless you sitting on them which you aren't at that height.

If getting your money back is an option, do that. 500 bucks on those...... damn
                    yea thing is now i cant afford to do anything. and this dude is being shady

Comment

then my car is slammed compared to a truck
                      500? thats a lot of money, if you want low on a e30 and have some decent travel. best option is what ollie said + cutting the front strut.
                      -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                      Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas13 View Post
                        yea thing is now i cant afford to do anything. and this dude is being shady
                        Who'd you buy em from? And why would he be obligated to give your money back? JW. Because I would say fuck off, lol you got what you paid for. No offense to you OP, but amiright?

I mean unless he assured you they'd go low or something..?

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                          then my car is slammed compared to a truck
                          500? thats a lot of money, if you want low on a e30 and have some decent travel. best option is what ollie said + cutting the front strut.
                          yea, i will be visiting him tomorow. ready to fuck shit up if i dont get my money

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                            Who'd you buy em from? And why would he be obligated to give your money back? JW. Because I would say fuck off, lol you got what you paid for. No offense to you OP, but amiright?

I mean unless he assured you they'd go low or something..?
                            thats exactly what he did, he told me that, bottomed out would be too low to even drive. pan sitting on the ground. and this is quite the opposite. i get what youre saying tho about the money back, but if he wouldnt have told me they would go lower than i was, i wouldnt have even bought them

Comment

I didn't realize your oil pan was near your rear suspension. To be fair to him, you haven't even installed the fronts to see how low they go.
                              Jason
                              flickr
                              build thread

Comment

Originally posted by VicSkimmr View Post
                                I didn't realize your oil pan was near your rear suspension. To be fair to him, you haven't even installed the fronts to see how low they go.
                                as low as it is in my sig pic, the pan is 2 and 7/8 from the ground.
                                i doubt that if the car is 2 inches HIGHER than the pan will be on the ground....

Comment

Working...
                                X