No announcement yet.

Diamond racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin- think I can set the frame down and poke 16s? or should I go 15s?

Comment

I think that if you went 15's you'd have gap with the car on the ground. 16's would be like .5-1" off the ground.
      Eatin' Babies

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        To be fair though, 17" is where they start to make them "army" spec or whatever, so they're heavy as shit. The 16s will be heavy im sure, but i think the 17s are suposedly made different, so much heavier than the 16s.
        yea, i figured. it would have been pretty cool to achieve the look on that size. i looked into other brands such as crager, but the wheels are also heavy. a 17x9 is ~38lbs without a tire.lol.
        Originally posted by Kielan
        I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

lol. Thats pretty bad. I'm a little dissapointed the 16x10s are so heavy, i kinda wanted some 10s out back

Flickr

Comment

That's their truck wheel, I don't think the standard steelies are that heavy.

Comment

Oh, ok. Well if you go for this it'd be intersting to hear what you say. Im kinda considering some 16s in maybe a flat white or something.

100th post woot.

Flickr

Comment

Mike which car are you looking at the steelies for?
                Originally posted by da3bous
                I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Ze Rustwagen. (THO)

Comment

Originally posted by da3bous
                    I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

I used to run them on my circle track cars. Never had an issue with balancing as we were not allowed to run wheel weights. For some reason, they don't like small pieces of lead that can come off and kill someone in the stands. Even with no weights and slicks, I never noticed a shimmy due to them not being balanced. Definately some strong wheels. I think I still have a couple around the shop if you want to take a look at them when you get here tomorrow Mike.
                      Until I get a better pic...

Comment

Hell yeah!

Comment

Eagerly awaitng a review

Flickr

Comment

I came pretty close to buying a set of 17x8.5" and 17x9.5" before I bought the Boyds. But what deterred me was a similar thread on Eurghetto that had some poor reviews on DR. They are basically wheels that are meant to be disposable, and at that price and the fact that they are made for open wheel racing it's not surprising. The quality is supposedly very sub-par for a street car.

If they were not my only set of wheels I'd probably still get a set. But at this point I was looking for a set of wheels to be my "only" set and the DR's didn't seem to be a good fit for that.

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                              Ze Rustwagen. (THO)
                              if you rust the wheels, i do believe bf.c will destroy itself.

DO IT
                              2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
                              2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
                              1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                                I came pretty close to buying a set of 17x8.5" and 17x9.5" before I bought the Boyds. But what deterred me was a similar thread on Eurghetto that had some poor reviews on DR. They are basically wheels that are meant to be disposable, and at that price and the fact that they are made for open wheel racing it's not surprising. The quality is supposedly very sub-par for a street car.

If they were not my only set of wheels I'd probably still get a set. But at this point I was looking for a set of wheels to be my "only" set and the DR's didn't seem to be a good fit for that.
                                I hear you, and that makes sense. I'm not too worried about it- if anything these will be disposable- I have no idea what I'd run them on after this car.

Comment

Working...
                                X