No announcement yet.

Diamond racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read on some forum that you want to tell DR that you want to use them for street use. From what I've read they apparently make racing wheels with less care... but if they know the wheels are for street use they make them stronger... I may be wrong...

Comment

stanceworks group buy on 17x10 DR's?

I'm down

Comment

Originally posted by MrJereMoose View Post
        I read on some forum that you want to tell DR that you want to use them for street use. From what I've read they apparently make racing wheels with less care... but if they know the wheels are for street use they make them stronger... I may be wrong...
        You would think that racing wheels would be stronger than street wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
          You would think that racing wheels would be stronger than street wheels.
          I know, that's what confused me whenever I read it... I think it's in a thread on bf.c...

Anyway, the only think i could figure is that for a track car, BFHing a rim back into shape to finish a race would be common place. I remember back when I was researching rims for my jeep that was one of the good things about steel...

Comment

Any confirmation on this street/race thing?

Comment

I thin that sounds right. Less to worry about on a track as far as things that can happen to a wheel.

Comment

I asked one of the guys on r3v whos on his 3rd set of DRs, says no problems with vibration or damage running them on the street.

Lookin forward to seeing them on the rustbucket

Flickr

Comment

I tried searching for the thread on bf.c, but didn't find it, maybe it was in the depths of one of the Stretched Tire Galleries... Either way, I don't think it would hurt to note when ordering that you plan to street the wheels...

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                    I thin that sounds right. Less to worry about on a track as far as things that can happen to a wheel.
                    Did you ever go check them out? I want to see test fitment pics!
                    Originally posted by da3bous
                    I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Working...
                    X