No announcement yet.

We Need More Air!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

because people with bags can pop up over a bump and not mess up their expensive front bumpers or damage them.

since when has car modding been a dick measuring contest? i could care less how a car rolls. if hes on bags and rolls high then all i must think is that he really cares about his car. people pay a lot of money to hook these up, why not pay more to keep everything in tact?

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by the dingo View Post
      don't **** them as long as they're used properly,"Drive low and park lower" as they say.
      This

Originally posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
      because people with bags can pop up over a bump and not mess up their expensive front bumpers or damage them.

since when has car modding been a dick measuring contest? i could care less how a car rolls. if hes on bags and rolls high then all i must think is that he really cares about his car. people pay a lot of money to hook these up, why not pay more to keep everything in tact?
      This is also a very good point
      -Brandon-

Comment

since when has car modding been a dick measuring contest?
        this made me

Flickr

Comment

^^ This.

I can drive low all day if I want and be happy with it. But that one moment in a blue moon when I need to get over a large speed bump, embankment, or construction ... i can.

As for cost, Total was about $1500. Considering I am running bag over coils on KW V2's ... i think thats not too bad. Like most things, it doesn't have to be expensive if your patient, know what your doing, and know how to find deals.
          “The first race was conceived when the second car was built.”

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

i want to try a car with bags, just to feel how it rides

if the car handels great. why won't cha?
            sigpic

Comment

Ive got a coup[le cars on bags.

I got tired of not being able to go everywhere with my car or only being able to get into 'certain' gas stations.
              *~* Yamaguchi-gumi Syndicate Member #59,005 *~*
              // Bippu-Car \\

Comment

one of my cars will probably be bagged before march...and purists will not be happy
                why the **** for bags over coils though?

www.effineuro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Effin' Euro View Post
                  They get a bad rap because people are unwilling to put the work into them that is required to make them low and because they don't have as much travel as air struts. If you just throw them on your coilovers they won't go very low. I had custom upper mounts made and relocated the upper strut bearing with some custom lower perches and it's enough to get the car on the ground now.

They have a sleeve inside them that only allows them to collapse down to 4" in height rather than collapsing more. For this reason, the mounting and stack height is really important. If you don't deal with those, you won't go low.

People just prefer the simple bolt-in method that's now available for all the VW's. Everyone seemed to start knocking the aerosports as soon as they switched over to bolt-on.

Comment

Has are great bags. I swapped over not to get lower, but to get higher if need be.
                    “The first race was conceived when the second car was built.”

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

Originally posted by Effin' Euro View Post
                      Everything Rally said, plus for a lot of people who do manage to get their cars very low on aerosports, the driving PSI can be really high which causes for a pretty rough ride, along with very little lift compared to Bagyards and Masontechs. Aerosports can definitely go super low though, this car was on B&Gs with aerosports along with frame rail and tie rod notching, shorter bushings, and modified subframe corners

Piff on vortex's old GTI. Laying stock GTI lip, one of the lowest MK4s on aerosports that I can think of

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                      Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

My car is basically on the ground at 0psi and the driving PSI isn't too bad. I cruise around at like 35-42psi up front. It's not too stiff. The car is still "slammed coilover" height at that point, but that's exactly what I want out of it.

Here's a look at my lift. Bagyards and Mason Techs can lift more, but I can't imagine a time when I'd need more lift than I can get with the aerosports. This is 0psi versus 60psi....it could go a bit higher at 80 or 90 psi. Rear end is down in both pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Rally View Post
                          My car is basically on the ground at 0psi and the driving PSI isn't too bad. I cruise around at like 35-42psi up front. It's not too stiff. The car is still "slammed coilover" height at that point, but that's exactly what I want out of it.
                          Nice man! My driving psi was at around 42 up front before I spun the bag down 1/4" a few weeks ago and now I'm at around 47-49psi and that's no finger gap. Fully aired up in the front, I have a 2.5 finger gap which isn't really enough to clear any really big speedbumps or steep driveways so my lip suffers lol

I know with Piff's old car, his driving psi was almost 80psi and full lift was about a finger gap of space bc of where the bag was spun down to, which makes the biggest difference it seems

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                          Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

I am in the process of bagging my car after having it on coilovers for a year. The reason I did it is pretty much the same as everybody else's, I like to drive low but **** the fact that there are too many places I can't get into. One example was needing to go to see my cousin at the hospital who was gravely ill at the moment but couldn't get into the parking lot because a high and wide speed bump. I ended up parking about a mile away. It pretty much made up my mind. Plus, I have a family and sometimes we carry alot of shit on my car so if that happens its nice to know I just need to hit a button.

Comment

I like my car. I want my car to last a long time. I don't want to bust an oil pan or break another m-f-ing cv axle. I'm going bags....

w.i.p. (work.in.progress)

Comment

Air ride gives the best of all worlds. I have run air on every vehicle I have built the past 4 years. You get exceptional ride quality, fully adjustable in-car ride height control, and the ability to go anywhere you want and not have to worry about denting, scraping, or damaging body parts or mechanical parts.
                                03 Galant-Layd Out Daily Driver
                                64 Impala SS-The Muscle
                                86 Dodge D50-The Minitruck
                                97 Chevy Tahoe-The 4x4
                                03 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Toy

Comment

Working...
                                X