X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Need More Air!

We need it to live!

Tell Me your opinion on bags.

im hoping to have my set before February....

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

woah, I didn't realize there was an Air Ride section on here. I guess my opinion is that I like them since I have them on my car? Running bag over coils on the front right now but hopefully that will all change in a little. Still need to do some tweaking and cleaning up to the system.
      “The first race was conceived when the second car was built.”

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

don't **** them as long as they're used properly,"Drive low and park lower" as they say.

of course you'll lose respect from some by bagging over coils, but that's just how it is.

Comment

I've had my airride on for about a yr and a half now (maybe more) and i LOVE it.
          I used to drive around dumped all around town and had to deal with so much nonsense that i didnt feel was necessary.
          Having the ability to adjust my height is great and i wouldnt go back to coils, ever. LOL, i'm a laid back dude and i dont like having to be all uptight and sitting up at the edge of my steering wheel looking for the next little incline i'm going to drag/scrape/etc i want to enjoy my drive, sit back and just roll. Bags made it possible for me.

Props to dudes rolling static, but i wouldnt do it again. Not if i had the option....

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fantana View Post
            I've had my airride on for about a yr and a half now (maybe more) and i LOVE it.
            I used to drive around dumped all around town and had to deal with so much nonsense that i didnt feel was necessary.
            Having the ability to adjust my height is great and i wouldnt go back to coils, ever. LOL, i'm a laid back dude and i dont like having to be all uptight and sitting up at the edge of my steering wheel looking for the next little incline i'm going to drag/scrape/etc i want to enjoy my drive, sit back and just roll. Bags made it possible for me.

Props to dudes rolling static, but i wouldnt do it again. Not if i had the option....
            Awesome Man!

Comment

For me it depends. I like my coils on my e30 because my car still feels awesome and planted in the corners. That kind of comes from me being into e30s first, then stance. I still want some handling and functionality

However, if its a car that doesnt really handle that great anyway, id probably look at bags.

Flickr

Comment

Bags rule!!!

Comment

I am in the exact same boat as BFantana. This steep ass hills of SF suck on lowered cars, scraping and dragging over every hump and transition. it is nice to mash up the hill and not worry about dragging my exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    For me it depends. I like my coils on my e30 because my car still feels awesome and planted in the corners. That kind of comes from me being into e30s first, then stance. I still want some handling and functionality

However, if its a car that doesnt really handle that great anyway, id probably look at bags.
                    Not all cars on bags handle poorly. If you can imagine an air bag is like a spring with an adjustable spring rate. The more pressure in the bag the higher the spring rate. So a properly designed system should have the bag at the right spring rate at the owners chosen ride height.

Of course this usually doesn't happen since people want to lower their cars more when driving which lowers the pressure in the bag and lessens the spring rate. But the idea is that you can simply increase the pressure again and viola, nice stiff suspension.
                    “The first race was conceived when the second car was built.”

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

x2 ^^^^

If i put a good amount of air into my bags and get going in a turn it feels very coilover/cup kit-esqe

Comment

Originally posted by J.Owen View Post
                        Not all cars on bags handle poorly. If you can imagine an air bag is like a spring with an adjustable spring rate. The more pressure in the bag the higher the spring rate. So a properly designed system should have the bag at the right spring rate at the owners chosen ride height.

Of course this usually doesn't happen since people want to lower their cars more when driving which lowers the pressure in the bag and lessens the spring rate. But the idea is that you can simply increase the pressure again and viola, nice stiff suspension.
                        Yeah. I have heard of european kits tha make really nice bags actually, that handle very well. But on those the cost is 3x to 10x the cost of a nice coilover kit, at least for something like an e30. Of course, bags are still far more convienient, but the coils preference is just the shred of bmw purist in me

But id bag a vw in heartbeat

Flickr

Comment

ive had bags on my car for about a year now best money ive ever spent. Best for day to day driving and I seriously can not tell the difference, when I have a good amount of air int he bags, between my current setup and my kw v2's.

If you have any questions about parts or what not hit me up this is the 6th setup ive built so Im pretty sure i might be able to help you piece together a decent setup at a good price

Comment

bags are for groceries.

static for life

Comment

To me.....bags.....

-Take no balls to run. The ride height that your car is at when its parked should be the same as the ride height when your driving it.

-Too expensive.

....and to the guys who will come in here and say "well I do drive my car around slammed and its on air"......if thats the case, then why didn't you just get coilovers? Yes, I realize bags are gonna get you lower......but was it really worth the extra $2,500 over what you could have gotten some coilovers for to get it .5"-1" lower?

Oh god, i'm gonna get shunned for that last sentence, lol. But seriously.....my next car.......with the wheel/tire setup I plan on running, some adequate amounts of camber and a lip kit........it'll quite literally sit on the ground with no wheel gap either.
                              MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Working...
                              X