X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply.

Originally posted by 161 View Post
    Blazed through the whole thread, wow man what a project, very impressive!

How could I not subscribe.
    Thanks 161 for going through it all! More on the way!

street
    form - function - stance

Comment

• Update

I had a line yesterday that I really debated but decided otherwise. Then earlier on tonight, I knew I had to get it back. It was that more aggressive knife edge to the fins. Basically, uncapped.

So I cut off the layers on mat and started re-sculpting what I had yesterday. Too many interruptions tonight of work and friends dropping by. So I was only able to get 2 of the fins into their first stage of formatting.

After the initial deletion of the caps, I sanded everything down clean and glassed knife edges.

SANY0006

Waiting for glass to dry is so overrated!!

SANY0009

First leveling stage of 4 complete on 2 fins. Lots more dialing in to do.

SANY0021

Raw glass against initial formatting.

SANY0024

One of my Bros stopped by and took this shot just before we had to leave. Ugh!! I ha8 texting!!

SANY0001

street
      form - function - stance

Comment

• More Diffuser Tweaks

The other tweak, will be in the form of mini vortex generators. These flexible little guys will reside in-between the 4 main fins (just prior to the upward sweep) to not only channel more air, but also help attach even more air to the diffuser. This extra boundary air being attached throughout the diffuser will reduce even more lift and increase the downforce potential.

Smokey__Clear

street
        form - function - stance

Comment

• I love jour work
          Great atention for detail

Comment

• Reply.

Originally posted by diesel986 View Post
            I love jour work
            Great atention for detail
            Thanks diesel986! To me, details are key to making your own personal statement.

street
            form - function - stance

Comment

• Update

Who the hell wants to see glass dry and endless sanding? Not me. I've seen enough!!

With that said, many, many hours of leveling lead to these few shots. In the end, I flashed everything in primer to see the lines and dropped her in. Main lines are all there. Just very minor sanding left for a perfect fitment!!

"....She starts off by lurking in the dark. Then slowly backs out to show off her new azz!!"

SANY0052

Money Shot!!

SANY0055

Longer exterior fins. Shorter interior fins.

SANY0060-1

street
              form - function - stance

Comment

• This is starting to look better and better !

whether you finish the project before 21.12.2012 ?

Comment

• looks good

Comment

• Any new progress?

Comment

• Replys.

Originally posted by ishi View Post
                      This is starting to look better and better !

whether you finish the project before 21.12.2012 ?
                      Thanks ishi! If not, I'll be forced to just climb in and dodge fire from the sky!!

street

Originally posted by X5X View Post
                      looks good
                      Thnaks X5X!

street

Originally posted by LronSigh View Post
                      Any new progress?
                      Coming right up!

street
                      form - function - stance

Comment

• Update

Been madd-busy with everything lately, but -f- all that, let's get back to what really matters - the build.

I had a chance to finally pick up the exhaust port from my newest fabricator - Zane. His first contribution was just what I was after - a raw and all business port. No frills. No bells. No nonsense. Just a simple, yet beautifully crafted galvanized steel unit that will get finished in black. Once through that process, the inner workings will virtually be unseen.

SANY0024

SANY0021

We rounded out the concept with a central trim ring to locate the muffler and welded her in place once I test fitted everything and returned from the warehouse.

SANY0052-1

street
                        form - function - stance

Comment

• Update

What's that you say? What's behind the exhaust port? Glad you asked.

That's the nastiest, highest flowing, loudest, venturi exhaust scavenging muffler out there hands down. Not to mention it's packing an even lower rumble note than any glass pack or straight through muffler. All courtesy of Spin Tech.

5.0 friendly? Um...I'm gonna go with no on that one.
                          Residential street friendly? Nuh uh.
                          Neighbor friendly. Sorry.

The construction perfectly matches the exhaust tip - it's all business. From it's weld marks securing the internal ventiri channels to it's rough exterior and welded crest with patent number, it was exactly what I was looking for, for the longest time.

I had a couple of my crew try them out on the dyno and streets and they were blown away by the performance and sound. With that being said, one was on route to the spider. Put it this way, the spider's cams now have the mic to say whatever they want. I'll leave it at that. Trust me. You won't want to miss the post when the spider gets all up on that dyno for tuning.

The last muffler I had was a straight through that was too raspy with too small of a diameter and not low enough. So now, we'll be delving into 3 inches from just before the cats back. And with this 3.7 litre and a single exhaust, this is where I was supposed to be all along. Oh, and speaking of cats, more on them coming right up.

But first, here are the test fittings from earlier on today.

Two raw felons unite and await their third member to complete the exhaust gang!!

SANY0047

Badge of honor.

SANY0043

War call tunnel.

SANY0036

Profile fitment illustrating fitment and line flow with diffuser. Complete with top flange to direct gasses for roasting diffuser and bumper.

SANY0034

Lucky squirrel's POV.

SANY0046

Poor, unfortunate squirrel's POV.

SANY0036

Rounding off the new exhaust set-up will be a set of Mil.Spec true 100 cell cats in 3 inches!! The highest flowing cats on the market!! Nice!!

Mil.Spec just informed me that they're about a week behind in production. But my order is in and they will arrive soon.

Breathe baby, breathe!!

MIL.SPEC True 3 Inch 100-cell Catalytic Converter

street
                          Last edited by street; 10-28-2011, 11:42 PM.
                          form - function - stance

Comment

• Love to see an update on this. Looks great as always.

Comment

• epic

Comment

• Very serious will machine be!
                                Baby Six!

Comment

Working...
                                X