This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update

I finished up the diverter panels earlier tonight and their function is both smooth and taut.

street

SANY0189
    form - function - stance

Comment

• sick!! I see you have been reading a lot of aerodynamics books!! car is looking good!! we need some rolling video with a chace car or something

Comment

• Originally posted by street View Post
        Thanks Ginge! I was trying so hard not to crack up!! To me, this is how I blow off steam from building this car. It all looks so simple. But it's many, many, many hours behind a computer and around the car to get concepts to "work" as well as they look.

The vid was a joke to shoot. But that diverter panel, is a dead serious form and functional piece.

street
        I cracked up me and my brother were watching the video at a neighbour's house, and were laughing like mad our buds thought we blew a couple of fuses - Yeah, we all need breaks every once in a while, that's one hell of a break you had! I've been meaning to ask you, are you some kind of engineer? Cause the amount of work and the thinking processes make you look like one.

“ Driving down the road becomes a masterfully balanced ballet of dodging, looking ahead, and saying “oh shit.” "

- Mike Burroughs, Stanceworks

Comment

• This has got to be one of the most unique cars I have ever seen!
          Your attention you put towards the fine details is amazing.

Comment

• haha maad tyte video lol

nice how u did the thing with the diverter panel

and this alfa does need a rolling video
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Comment

• ^ fully agree

I have been keeping quite for some time, perusing if you will, but this is beyond amazing. well done sir. I admire the commitment, originality and design involved.

Comment

• you are the man!!!!! great work!!!!!!!!! now some rolling vids PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! this little ride is sweet

Comment

• Amazing amount of work, my first post has to definitely be in this thread, keep up the good work!!!!

Cant wait to see this on the streets, Street!

Finally, glad its local!!!

Comment

• Daaaaammmmnnn! Your work is the shhhh dude! Where did you pick up the skills?!

And give them to me!

Hahaha that vid! Classic!
                      Last edited by Speedbump; 07-27-2011, 01:13 PM. Reason: Just lolled @ video

Comment

• I've always ***** the looks of these cars. You have changed my mind.

This is awesome. You've obviously got a background in fab work. Any previous projects?
                        StatusRacing.com
                        Configure YOUR Seat Here
                        Tel: 1.480.265.8600
                        Email: sales@statusracing.com
                        Fan us on Facebook

Comment

• omg. amazing.
                          -John

Comment

• Updates soon Street?

Comment

• Wow. I'm loving this, I've always been a fan of Alfa Spiders, but this ups the ante. There are some details I'd do differently, but that's part of what makes cars such an awesome 'hobby'.

Props for you

Comment

• Replys.

Originally posted by mateo m3 View Post
                                sick!! I see you have been reading a lot of aerodynamics books!! car is looking good!! we need some rolling video with a chace car or something
                                Thanks mateo m3! Yeah, I love reading any and all aero R&D. Once testing begins, the string-tags method, will help me dial in and tweak the flow control around the car.

No ETA on testing though. I'm quite busy now with work and have little to no time for the build. But I'll do what I can when possible.

street

Originally posted by Noi5eB0mb View Post
                                I cracked up me and my brother were watching the video at a neighbour's house, and were laughing like mad our buds thought we blew a couple of fuses - Yeah, we all need breaks every once in a while, that's one hell of a break you had! I've been meaning to ask you, are you some kind of engineer? Cause the amount of work and the thinking processes make you look like one.
                                Thanks Noi5B0mb! Glad you enjoyed the vid! I've since deleted it cause I'm not the sentimental/collecting type. Plus, I know I'll most likely do another one at some point.

I'm also no engineer. Wish I was though. I just try to do the best I possibly can and if others like it, then that's just a bonus. If they don't, I really could give a shit. I'm more than happy with it. Until I decide to push it yet some more!!

street

Originally posted by Timm. View Post
                                This has got to be one of the most unique cars I have ever seen!
                                Your attention you put towards the fine details is amazing.
                                Thanks Timm! Yeah, Alfa Spiders aren't too common. If you come across one, 99% of the time, it'll likely be 99% completely stock!. With this one, it's the exact opposite - it's 1% stock. Cause the only area I have not modified is the windshield!

street

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                                haha maad tyte video lol

nice how u did the thing with the diverter panel

and this alfa does need a rolling video
                                Thanks P78! The diverter panel is secured with a couple custom brackets along with a locking tab.

Once I'm confident that the car performs as it should, I'll have a rolling vid shot to debut the car.

street

Originally posted by CFF View Post
                                Thanks CFF! Much appreciated!

street

Originally posted by softg View Post
                                ^ fully agree

I have been keeping quite for some time, perusing if you will, but this is beyond amazing. well done sir. I admire the commitment, originality and design involved.
                                Thanks softg! While trying at most times, I truly enjoy the design process. Like most here, I'm not satisfied with what the factory decided on.

street

Originally posted by mateo m3 View Post
                                you are the man!!!!! great work!!!!!!!!! now some rolling vids PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! this little ride is sweet
                                Thanks mateo m3! Will do when ready!

street

Originally posted by Fe9L View Post
                                Amazing amount of work, my first post has to definitely be in this thread, keep up the good work!!!!

Cant wait to see this on the streets, Street!

Finally, glad its local!!!
                                Thanks Fe9L! This car won't be out on the street much or for too long at any given time. Reason being, is that I'm building this car for one purpose and one purpose only - a burner. That means, it's only taken out to be driven HARD, on the street. That's it. No car shows. No cruisin. No posing. To me, having something personally exclusive, both in design and strict purpose that most don't do, IS the appeal.

Y'know, It's funny though. Most that have asked about the car are puzzled with my response regarding usage. And for the life of me, I've no idea why. It's no different than a dedicated track, drift or show car, that only get used for that purpose. Mine is no different. Overall, tracks, drifting events and car shows simply bore me to tears.

street

Originally posted by Speedbump View Post
                                Daaaaammmmnnn! Your work is the shhhh dude! Where did you pick up the skills?!

And give them to me!

Hahaha that vid! Classic!
                                Thanks Speedbump! Tons and tons and tons of trial and error, really. I've lost so much sleep and sacrificed a lot to get this car to where it's at now. Along the way, I've learned so much and have compounded my efforts to establish each and every modification draft. Honestly, I believe in having the clearest vision in your head possible and never letting up till you get it.

street

Originally posted by StatusRacing View Post
                                I've always ***** the looks of these cars. You have changed my mind.

This is awesome. You've obviously got a background in fab work. Any previous projects?
                                Thanks StatusRacing! In the past, I used to "consult" on other builds for the most part. This is actually my first real project. Everything else I had prior, either was just not the right car or time in my life to dedicate the amount of time I knew it would take to do it right. So all I did was rims and lowering.

street

Originally posted by jzhang1013 View Post
                                omg. amazing.
                                Thanks jzhang1013!

street

Originally posted by nykwhy2 View Post
                                Updates soon Street?
                                On the way!

street

Originally posted by gbaby2089 View Post
                                Wow. I'm loving this, I've always been a fan of Alfa Spiders, but this ups the ante. There are some details I'd do differently, but that's part of what makes cars such an awesome 'hobby'.

Props for you
                                Thanks gbaby2089! I worked on these cars as a kid alongside my dad who was an Alfa and Porsche mechanic. And it wasn't long before I made a promise to myself that when I was able, I'd create what I wanted from one of the two! And while I totally understand that not everyone will like what you do, it was my dad that instilled it in me to go after what moved me the most - fuck the rest. He never spoke to me with a soft voice. He spoke to me as an adult and I guess that explains my attitude. 'Cause I don't play around!!

street
                                form - function - stance

Comment

Working...
                                X