This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
    Just wondering what numbers you're making with the 1u? and are you using a R154 trans, or did you go with something else. I'm not too familiar with the 1uz, and i'm really curious about what they're like to work with, and why more people aren't taking advantage of toyota's 8 cyl engine more often.
    I have an ls400 with the 1uz in it and I **** working on the motor every thing has a cover over it ha that's just my opinion.
    Club Sandwich member

GIFSoup

CLICK HERE TO BECOME A FAN OF CLUB SANDWICH'S FACEBOOK PAGE

Comment

Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
      Just wondering what numbers you're making with the 1u? and are you using a R154 trans, or did you go with something else. I'm not too familiar with the 1uz, and i'm really curious about what they're like to work with, and why more people aren't taking advantage of toyota's 8 cyl engine more often.
      I had it dynoed stock with the auto to get a base and it was 235HP@5400rpm with 245ftlbs@4600, I would hope I made some gains in torque with the five speed swap but won't know untill I start tapping into the engine. I don't expect much more for HP it might be 15+ or so right now with the intake, exhaust, plugs/wires, and five speed swap.

Originally posted by DriftGirl View Post
      Awesome pix all around!
      Thanks, looks like you have an SC in your avatar, true?

Originally posted by BLKonBLK98 View Post
      so nobody is going to address the obvious here...

nice project. i'm doing a 1/2uz hybrid 5 speed.
      Thanks man, what car are you doing this in? I can try and help if you need it.

Originally posted by dope13 View Post
      awsome car man it looks sick
      Thanks, it will be more proper by April I hope!

Originally posted by Roy1928 View Post
      good stuff man i like it. in for pics when you put the kit on, then those 20's will really look good. have you relocated your wiring harness/ airbag wire yet?
      Yeah I relocated them, and let me tell you it is a pain, I have them further in the fender with anti-chaffing cloth I got from work. I can't wait to get home to start the revamp.

Originally posted by Nicg90 View Post
      I have an ls400 with the 1uz in it and I **** working on the motor every thing has a cover over it ha that's just my opinion.
      Take all the covers off.....lol. I had mine like that for a bit but then put it all back on.

STANCEdC400onWORKS

Comment

Looks clean! Supercharge with an m90?

Comment

I will super charge with a Vortech V2 when I do go forced induction, the Heaton has way to high IATs for my liking and I still want a FMIC and HKS SSQV.

STANCEdC400onWORKS

Comment

Good stuff man. Yeah the centrifugals are good way to go about boosting these cars and it's relatively cheap too. Good choice!

Comment

FRESH

what do you have an R154 with the adapter plate?
              all you young h8rs gonna die early

Comment

Damn, I've always loved VS-XXs

Comment

I went with the W58, mainly because you can find them any where and they can be pretty strong if you get the MKIV W58. I will be rebuilding my spare W58 once I go forced induction.

STANCEdC400onWORKS

Comment

i'm putting a w58 from a sc300 in my gs
                    every one says the w58s are weak but whatever

how much hp you making?

Comment

Welcome. car must sound amazing and o yea looks gangsta too

Comment

I was making 235HP when I dynoed my car for a baseline maybe a bit more with the upgrades I have done, but not enough to hurt the W58 by any means. They usually handle up to 400HP give or take a few ponies.

I love the way this car sounds and it is fun to drive and keep people wondering what is done to it. Most see the single can and think "Ah the ole 2JZGTE" then walk to the front and see no intercooler then think "Ah to broke to go NA-T, what a shame" then I start it up and then they think "Is that an LS1 or a 4.6L GT engine?".......lol I love it.

And thanks for the compliments!

STANCEdC400onWORKS

Comment

Originally posted by YotatoySoarer95 View Post

Thanks, looks like you have an SC in your avatar, true?.....
                          Yeah, I just sold the sc300 and only have the sc400 now
                          *~* Yamaguchi-gumi Syndicate Member #59,005 *~*
                          // Bippu-Car \\

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl View Post
                            Yeah, I just sold the sc300 and only have the sc400 now
                            Well that's good because I am a big fan of your SC400, I never knew who's it was but it would always pop up on the first page when I googled "SC400 mods" and I would drool a lil bit.

STANCEdC400onWORKS

Comment

MmMmm, wicked!

Comment

Originally posted by YotatoySoarer95 View Post
                                I love the way this car sounds and it is fun to drive and keep people wondering what is done to it. Most see the single can and think "Ah the ole 2JZGTE" then walk to the front and see no intercooler then think "Ah to broke to go NA-T, what a shame" then I start it up and then they think "Is that an LS1 or a 4.6L GT engine?".......lol I love it.
                                thats whats up

Comment

Working...
                                X