Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.:: Downsize to 19" or stick with 20s? ::.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give a solid profile shot of your car and I'll try and photoshop them on for you.

But, I'm no doctor lol

Comment

Perfect gimme one second

jedidiah, will try! I just dont want them to look tiny

Comment

Is this a good enough profile shot?

Do you mind photoshopping the 840Rs on sitting aggressively stanced and dropped pretty hard?

Comment

Here is an HRE with a BBK

Comment

bumpp

Comment

did you sell the wheels yet? 19s are cheaper and you can poke more and still keep your car slammed. with 20s you are a bit more limited. plus most ///M guys feel 20s on a E46 M3 is aboniation.
              2006 M3 Cabrio
              2004 ZHP Cabrio

/stanceworks\

Comment

You can run 11s pretty easily on stock fenders from what I've seen. Hinrichs is running 11 -12s, and I'm sure he's got some room on the inside with that offset. With inch wider fenders, you could run 19x12s or even wider. It all depends how awesome you are. If it were me I'd push for some 19x12.5s or even wider and do it big. If you can get 18s around your brakes, than I'd go with some 18x13s or something. Either way, just take some measurements of your car.

Actually, I decided to do some math for you. Hinrichs wheels are 18x11 -12. OEM is 9.5 +27. At this rate, Hinrichs has ATLEAST 20mm of clearance on the inside. I'm sure BMW put the wheel atleast 6mm from anything on the inside to be safe, so he probably has an inch of room on the inside. So were looking at a 12" wide wheel fitting in there on stock fenders. Now you add an inch on the outside because of your fender work and were looking at 19x13 with the same poke as Hinrichs. Add in some camber and you might be able to flush out a 13 or go even wider(that is if there's any room left on the inside). Find out what the highest offset wheel you could run is or simply take some measurements and then do the math. Just my $.02. Don't take my word for it as I was quick with my calculations, but I'm just sayin' don't be afraid to push the boundaries.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                  You can run 11s pretty easily on stock fenders from what I've seen. Hinrichs is running 11 -12s, and I'm sure he's got some room on the inside with that offset. With inch wider fenders, you could run 19x12s or even wider. It all depends how awesome you are. If it were me I'd push for some 19x12.5s or even wider and do it big. If you can get 18s around your brakes, than I'd go with some 18x13s or something. Either way, just take some measurements of your car.

Actually, I decided to do some math for you. Hinrichs wheels are 18x11 -12. OEM is 9.5 +27. At this rate, Hinrichs has ATLEAST 20mm of clearance on the inside. I'm sure BMW put the wheel atleast 6mm from anything on the inside to be safe, so he probably has an inch of room on the inside. So were looking at a 12" wide wheel fitting in there on stock fenders. Now you add an inch on the outside because of your fender work and were looking at 19x13 with the same poke as Hinrichs. Add in some camber and you might be able to flush out a 13 or go even wider(that is if there's any room left on the inside). Find out what the highest offset wheel you could run is or simply take some measurements and then do the math. Just my $.02. Don't take my word for it as I was quick with my calculations, but I'm just sayin' don't be afraid to push the boundaries.

Couldnt have said any of that better my friend thank you for all of that

What do you think on the front size?

I havent gotten the new wheels yet, however, to save the time and effort I was hoping to find someone to trade my wheels to (the HREs are 19s and the guy will swap even)

Comment

I was hoping to see the HREs chopped onto my car with it slammed before deciding

The HREs are

19x9.5 and 19x11 245/35/19 and 275/30/19

Comment

As it sits fellas :

The deal would be swapping my 20" modsport mesh with 2 falken tires (fronts) for 4 HRE 840Rs 19" with 4 good tires plus a little cash to boot to help cover powdercoating them as they sit the lips are blue face is black.

I wanted something crazy for the color (brushed copper face, polished copper lip....all highlighter yellow with black rivets....etc) any ideas?

Anyone able to photoshop these on my car with the drop/aggressive fitment?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Can someone chop these for me? I need to see how the 19" HRE 840R will look on my car dropped low and sitting flush

Comment

quick shitty chops
                            Polished/brushed HRE

Yours, just 19's
                            SLAMMED GARAGE
                            slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

Thank you! I have found a set of 20" iforged flux that I can swap my wheels for, and will receive the new custom finish of my choice as a swap for my wheels...they are 20x8.5 and 20x10.

Can you guys tell me if the wheels need pushing out, and I dont drive the car hard, can i run large spacers to get the flush aggressive fitment?

Also my color options are neochrome, copper (like a penny), and highlighter yellow....opinions and ohter options for a unique loud finish?

Comment

all depends on what the offset/tire size is, if its just a regular M offset you shouldnt have a problem spacing them out quite a bit.

i honestly like your wheels better than the iforged bro, but i understand wanting change.. and wheels are the easiest.

neochrome would look rowdy, as well as the copper.. ive always wanted to do both to a car, and with your color both would look really good.
                                David

Comment

Working...
                                X