Thread: Top Speed Governor Removal?

Default Top Speed Governer Removal?

It's a long shot, but, does anyone here know how/know someone who can remove the top speed governor on a 1995 E320? Yes I did do an AMG swap but it still has the same top speed governor it did with the old motor.

Just figured I would post this question up, I mean you never know right? Maybe one of the 10,000 members might know
    Last edited by HWY HNTR; 12-08-2010 at 07:32 PM.

my best guess would be take it to a tuning place....otherwise good luck

Just out of curiosity......How fast?

Gordo.

If you know anyone/shops in your area that tune cars. That would be your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by flemcadiddlehopper View Post
    Just out of curiosity......How fast?

Gordo.
    The governer is set at 130

And as far as local tuners they can't. It has something to do with the mercedes operating computer or something, renntech saidthey could do it, but they wan something like 5k to do it.

1. sell car
    2. buy less complicated car
    3. ????????????
    4. profit

But seriously.... Its a merc, I would guess its would be something extremely simple no one knows about, or its just rediculously hard to locate and remove...
    Quote Originally Posted by anth View Post
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

i've been this far with Mercedes, might as well stick with it. I'm so close I can taste it.

swap in an LS1. problem solved.

We'll look into it, PM us...

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Quote Originally Posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Quote Originally Posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
    We'll look into it, PM us...
    wooord

sent ya a pm, going to plug in laptop now

Quote Originally Posted by HWY HNTR View Post
    It's a long shot, but, does anyone here know how/know someone who can remove the top speed governor on a 1995 E320? Yes I did do an AMG swap but it still has the same top speed governor it did with the old motor.

Just figured I would post this question up, I mean you never know right? Maybe one of the 10,000 members might know
    I would be curious to know this too even though i have cis injection
    1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

If you have a 722.5 gearbox there is a chance that it wont shift into 5th gear. What revs u have when u top out?
    P.s. sorry about revival, but i suppose the issue has not been dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCripple View Post
    If you have a 722.5 gearbox there is a chance that it wont shift into 5th gear. What revs u have when u top out?
    P.s. sorry about revival, but i suppose the issue has not been dealt with.
    wat?

To my knowledge the w124 never received the 722.5 trans with the overdrive. Now, my mom had a 1995 w140 S320 with the M104, and her car had the 722.5.

As far as revs when I'm topped out at the governor it's like, 3000 maybe, can't remember.

I only have the 4 speed which i believe is the 722.3 and i got it up to 120 and it was reving about 4000-5000. never reached the governor though which is probably 130 also.

Conski, you have a M104 or M103? M104 right? It might be just cause your car is older, that it revs higher. I'm pretty sure we either have different rear diffs (ratios) or it has to do with the egine, idk. But, we used to have a 1990 300E, with the M103 and it had a terrible top end, no joke, it was terrible at cruising on the highway.

Conski, you have a M104 or M103? M104 right? It might be just cause your car is older, that it revs higher. I'm pretty sure we either have different rear diffs (ratios) or it has to do with the egine, idk. But, we used to have a 1990 300E, with the M103 and it had a terrible top end, no joke, it was terrible at cruising on the highway.
    Yea i have the M104 (3.0 24 valve). It has great top end, starts to really pick up at about 2500-3000 rpm's and pulls all the way to 6500-7000 with ease. The cams make this cool whining sound almost like a little supercharger lol. But i know what you are talking about with the M103, my sister has an '89 300E. The difference between my car and hers is like night and day. And I am sure we have a lot of different drivetrain parts because of yours being graced with the lovely 3.6, but even your stock parts that went with your 3.2.

If your car is an auto, something you might want to try.

Shift thru the gears manually. On some cars it will allow you to bypass the governor. Can't say it works for all cars, but you never know.
    The other Jaguar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Star View Post
    If your car is an auto, something you might want to try.

Shift thru the gears manually. On some cars it will allow you to bypass the governor. Can't say it works for all cars, but you never know.
    lol, I do this all the time, no effect

Conski, you don't happen to know your rear diff ration would you? Mine is either a 2.56 or 2.65, I had actually taken it out with the intentions of putting a diff from a c43 in there (still have it) but I decided I like the hwy better than off the line...plus I thought it was a lsd, but it's not

lol, I do this all the time, no effect

Conski, you don't happen to know your rear diff ration would you? Mine is either a 2.56 or 2.65, I had actually taken it out with the intentions of putting a diff from a c43 in there (still have it) but I decided I like the hwy better than off the line...plus I thought it was a lsd, but it's not
    My differential has a ratio of 3.27, it switched over starting in '91 to a 3.06, but I don't have the first gear start like you do which sucks. What is the ratio for the c43 diff, is it lower than your current one?

Quote Originally Posted by benz88 View Post
    swap in an LS1. problem solved.
    This...

I honestly dont understand why you would drive fast enough to remove it from a car unless the car is meant to be raced. How often do you want to drive over 130mph...? ESPECIALLY if the car is stanced. Ive had some pretty fast cars in my past and have gone 140 once, and realized it was pointless and dangerous.

anyone who can burn you a eeprom can do this...

have them write you a few extra horses while they're at it

on the other hand i thought the vmax governor was set to 155mph for every DTM car there is ?

except Porsches wich are limitless
    Last edited by Angelic0-; 08-17-2011 at 11:40 AM.

I also don't understand why you need to remove the speed limited on a stanced car. Please enlighten us.
    StatusRacing.com
    Configure YOUR Seat Here
    Tel: 1.480.265.8600
    Email: sales@statusracing.com
    Fan us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic0- View Post
    on the other hand i thought the vmax governor was set to 155mph for every DTM car there is ?

except Porsches wich are limitless
    the AMG mercedes are limited to 155, mines limited to 130. My car has an AMG engine in it but I'm using the ecu out of the 3.2. I think I did a full write on my build thread.

Quote Originally Posted by StatusRacing View Post
    I also don't understand why you need to remove the speed limited on a stanced car. Please enlighten us.
    Back when the mercedes was working I did rallies with it. So when I was on highways I always found it VERY annoying to hit my limiter. Yeah there was no point in it. But if you see no point in speeding then they should just put limiters for 80mph. I like speeding sorta. My car was low, but I was never worried about anything getting damaged, and it handled pretty good. Aside from some of the highways far up north and to the west, the southern highways are smooth as glass.