not so stancey...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome, dude.

I'm not really a fan of that car you have there, but I wish you all the best luck with it.

Originally posted by mpv View Post
    opel is a dutch car manufacturer, saturn is a gm us company so they are a little different
    You fail.

Opel is a German manufacturer. Saturn currently sells a few rebadged Opels, the one pictured above is exactly the same as an Opel Astra. In the past, Saturn has produced many cars that share their technical platforms with Opels. Opel used to be a part of GM, but it is currently being sold.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

i would go with coilovers but there $1,000+. for $250 i can have a nice 2" drop and be happy. then just save save save for what i want. haha (Audi a4 or BMW of some sort)

Comment

Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
        i would go with coilovers but there $1,000+. for $250 i can have a nice 2" drop and be happy. then just save save save for what i want. haha (Audi a4 or BMW of some sort)
        That's an excellent plan.

Comment

i have to agree haha. idk, though, i think a BMW will be more feasible than an Audi haha..or an older merc

Comment

Any of those three would be cool.

Comment

i agree. im sure i could find a merc or BMW for a reasonable price eventually when im ready to pick one up?

Comment

Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
                i agree. im sure i could find a merc or BMW for a reasonable price eventually when im ready to pick one up?
                Honestly, for the almost 2k for coils and ronal turbos, that could get you a perfectly good e30 or e36, as well as e28s (especially less desirable ones)

Flickr

Comment

yeah, whatever i decide i know im gonna go low. haha

Comment

i need some help..im gonna be droppin the car about 2 inches. the rear tires, because the car is FWD, sits in too far and i wanna bring it out, the stock wheels which ill be keeping on, are 15x6. and the new tires ill be buying are 225/50R15. the stock offset is +50mm, i was what size spacers will bring the rear out to a respectable distance

Comment

You can get spacers anywhere from 5mm to 30mm (usually) and some go in standard size well over an inch. It's all where you want them to be.

Comment

just measure how far out to go with a tape measurer

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

ok, im only goin about 2 inches lower, should that effect how i measure?

Comment

so, in my search for wheels, i came across koning remembers, replicas of BBS'. they look nice. but, i know there replicas. so i may go with them, **** if you want but $500 compared to $1000 plus speaks to me. haha

Comment

Its always worth it to buy the wheels that you want rather than a wheel that will due. Wheels i think are the most important part besides coils to get the stance or look that you want. I dont think the Konigs will do well.

I know its "just a saturn", but hell why not be a pioneer and make your saturn stance better than any other? Show us what you can do with what you got. Thats my motto.

Save up and get the wheels that will do it justice. If you need spacers then do that too. I just **** to see you get bashed on the type of car your rollin.

If you get replica wheels, why not get some Rotas with a low offset. still cheap, but you have a better chance at getting the stance right.

Check it http://jlbmotorsports.com/rims/rota-list.html Check out the rota D2's in 17x8.5 You will really improve stance with these even though they are reps. I think they would work much better than the Konigs.

Anyway, thats just my 2 cents
                              Last edited by Chase; 09-28-2009, 11:42 PM.

Comment

OR

Order a set of these in any size and offest that you want. These would work the best. And you cant beat the price. Even cheaper than rotas and they arent knock offs

Get some 16x9's with et30

would look sick

Comment

Working...
                                X