No announcement yet.

The "Most OVER-rated wheel thread"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bbs rs...te37..everythign else is fair play because i see the rs's on way to many cars its jsut..eehh

Comment

I don't think any wheels are played out, there are just wheels that look like shit on certain cars. People think that if you put a "cool" wheel like TE37s or RSs or CCW Classics or whatever on ANY car that it'll be super tight, I thought it through a lot before I decided on RSs for my car. I was about to paypal a guy for white/red 15x7 or 8 OZ Superturismos (I think?), but I knew that I really wanted RSs so I scooped a set of those
      1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
      Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

I don't think CCW's are 'over rated.' I don't think people buy 'em because they are super awesome, rather because for what you get, you can't beat the price. Low price = not over rated

BBS RS however, are so fucking overpriced these days. Wayyyy overpriced = over rated, IMO

DPE, Kranson, ADV:1 fall into this catagory as well.

All mentioned look kick ass, but the manufaturers are charging far too much for their product (save for bbs rs'...... that's our own doing)
        SLAMMED GARAGE
        slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

Come on. Most hondas now rock CCW's. That right there means thier a bandwagon and over rated wheel
          Originally posted by Jesus Christ
          he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

i copied this post from another forum. i realize some are duplicates, but we all know this is just a tiny fraction of the CCWs out there.
            025garage

Comment

i think over rated and "played" (god i **** that word) are two completely different things. i don't think DR steelies are over rated, most would agree they are just a decent looking very cheap wheel. ccw's imo are far from overrated. as petis said, for the price they are awesome.

as for rs's...i think buying a set of 1200 redrilled 5x114.3 from vr, even when built, are overrated. however, rare rs's are a totally different story i think.

i think a lot of the rotiform wheels are over rated.

Comment

Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post

i think a lot of the rotiform wheels are over rated.
                you said it, I quoted it...

I think all US-Look forged wheels, like iForged, HRE, DPE, JLine, and Roti, all look the same, thus overplayed by default. CCW manages to look a bit different by using s few more radiuses in its center star design.

If a wheel manufacturer started making multipiece wheels using CAST sexy looking wheels centers with nice lines like the old OZ's instead of all the ugly sharp edged forged center, we'd have so many better looking DISTINCT wheels,instead of the mondane crap we get.

BTW, I know I'm biast, but for the OP, how are OZ Mitos played? theres like 5 of them still left in existance, lol. Definatly alot less then OZ FUTURAS which are not on your list.

Comment

Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
                  i think over rated and "played" (god i **** that word) are two completely different things.
                  ^this..................................... CCW's are hella played, not over-rated.

BTW, shold I post a long list of car pics with bbs rs'? C'mon lets not be stupid. The reason there are a shit load of CCW's on cars recently is because a set can be had for about half the price of any other new, custom, forged, three piece wheel. Hell,I can get a brand new set of ccw's for the price of a refinished set of rs'. Now how does that make sense at all.

Thatbeing said, rs' will never be 'played' IMO because they are just so money when done right.
                  SLAMMED GARAGE
                  slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

I agree with Dillinger and Petis... at first I was going to say TE37s, BBS RS, and CCW... but then I realized, they're popular for good reasons. They do look really good, and they are high quality products.

I'd have to say that Work Euroline wheels are overrated.. or at least were more so in the recent past. Now people have moved on to better/different stuff, but there was a time when people clamored for Euroline DH... which aren't really that special, even compared to the SSR Vienna Dish or Amistad D who were available at the same time (mind you, not so easily). But maybe I'm biased

Comment

Originally posted by KarlSpackler View Post
                      We have a "sexiest wheels of all time" thread, how about a thread about wheels that everyone jocks but when you see them, it is meh....... I think it is always interesting to see other's opinions. Try and post pictures of the wheels if you can.

For me: (will post pics when I get home)

1. OZ Mitos
                      Originally posted by wagonist View Post

BTW, I know I'm biast, but for the OP, how are OZ Mitos played? theres like 5 of them still left in existance, lol. Definatly alot less then OZ FUTURAS which are not on your list.
                      Look here is the problem, somehow this turned into a "played" thread, witch he did not intend it to be, he clearly states, some wheel that has bin hyped up and when you see it in person it does not live up to the expectation.
                      He not saying that the OZ mito ain't a rare wheel, he is saying when he saw them, it was not that thrilling to HIM. not anything about played or something like that.
                      -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                      Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

i was kidding when i said CCWs were overrated. I know first hand how awesome they are...

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by wagonist View Post
                          who said they were played? Go read my original post.

I just dont like them, that is all
                          Real name is James

Comment

Mitto's are in the eyes of the beholder. I have their 2 piece design. I'm not a fan of the second generation, nor of the solid ones. Which Mitto's are you referring to?

Originally posted by Zic
                            i think im gonna shoot my self soon. There are SO FREAKING many questions about the e36.

Comment

Originally posted by sixspeedthree View Post
                              def sick of bbs rs

diamond racing steelies

rotas on EVERY subaru or evo
                              This. Rota Grid's on are on like 95% on all "stanced" Subaru's.....
                              MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
                                This. Rota Grid's on are on like 95% on all "stanced" Subaru's.....
                                Funny story about that one. There is a new STi wagon in town thats all nicely modded and low, rolling on Rotas. He stopped by my store for something, turns out they are real Volks
                                Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Working...
                                X