Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 104

Thread: My Mk1 Jetta build

  1. #1

    Default My Jetta Mk1 GTI "weber"

    Some of you have already seen my car but since it's going under the knife this winter again I thought I show you guys my progress here, will also show you what I done so far..

    And another thing, I'm from sweden and I suck at english.. So be kind!

    Blabla, pics!



    Bought it like this from an old lady..

    Don't got alot of pictures left of the build but not mutch to see, fixed alot of rust...



    After som hours in the garage it looked like this



    Then I started to asemble the car, new wheels and so on





    Fixed the crappy exhaust a little..



    Then i lowered it and rolled all summer



    Then an accident happened.. hehe



    Got a new one wich i reinforced



    Random pics from this summer:






    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Then we are where I am right know, the summer is over and the winter is coming. During the summer got a little bit tired of the crappy engine and so I bought me another one




    1.6 8v GTI with a 5-speed GTI transmission, yummey!

    Also got this for the engine



    Twin Weber 40's

    Then, as you know, you alwas want new wheels... This is what I'm thinking of for my car til next summer



    Looks pretty sweet if you ask me..

    Yea.. that's all for now, updates on the engine build is coming!
    Last edited by holminen; 05-12-2011 at 08:42 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Frederick, Maryland
    Posts
    2,495

    Default

    That's already a beautiful mk1. I can't wait to see what else is in store for it. Take some shots of the interior, I'd like to see if it's as mint as the rest of the car.

    Great job thus far!

    Cole

    Quote Originally Posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
    yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MEL Australia
    Posts
    23,230

    Default

    Looking amazing dude! I really like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by anth View Post
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

  4. #4

    Default

    Thanks! Here is some old pics on the interior:




    Looks the same right now, but a little bit cleaner!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Frederick, Maryland
    Posts
    2,495

    Default

    Wow, quick to oblige with the pictures. You have yourself a VERY nice vw.

    Cole

    Quote Originally Posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
    yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bracknaphobia View Post
    Wow, quick to oblige with the pictures. You have yourself a VERY nice vw.
    Computergeek haha, thanks!

  7. #7
    Vegas13 Guest

    Default

    drool! the sole reason i want one of these, is because of what you have done here. love the flares

  8. #8

    Default

    I would love to find something like this for a project car. Very very cool little Coupe
    2012 MkVi GLi / Candyweiss / FK / VMR / APR
    1980 Mk1 Rabbit /ManillaGreen / Euro'd / BBS
    1972 Standard / PastelWeiss / AirKewld / Rust / In Progress

  9. #9

    Default

    *left click, "set as background"*

    I would trade my Mk3 in a Heart beat for one of these.
    Great work!
    what are your plans for those wheels when you get new ones?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Wow. I've seen some of the pics before, and loved it. Did You get the car to shine so much by just polishing it or did You have to repaint some parts?

    I can see the Scandinavian-style front bumper, every single one out there seems to have headlight washers.

    I'm Daily-Driving a Mk1 coupe too, btw.

    1989 Honda Accord Aerodeck Exclusive Edition // 1980 Vw Jetta Mk1 Coupe (1.9D swap) // Honda Civic HB Ej9 1998 // 1994 Vw Golf Mk3 Variant GTD // 1992 Opel Calibra

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas13 View Post
    drool! the sole reason i want one of these, is because of what you have done here. love the flares
    Thanks dude!
    Quote Originally Posted by o2_designs View Post
    I would love to find something like this for a project car. Very very cool little Coupe
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase Otter(: View Post
    *left click, "set as background"*

    I would trade my Mk3 in a Heart beat for one of these.
    Great work!
    what are your plans for those wheels when you get new ones?
    Thanks! My plan is to get them in 14x9 all round and then 195/45 Toyo Proxes, can be sweet I think!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rotu- View Post
    Wow. I've seen some of the pics before, and loved it. Did You get the car to shine so much by just polishing it or did You have to repaint some parts?

    I can see the Scandinavian-style front bumper, every single one out there seems to have headlight washers.

    I'm Daily-Driving a Mk1 coupe too, btw.
    Yea, I've just polished it, only did som paint on the front end. Hehe yes, but I'm thinking of removing them, but it's not my prio one. Sweet with another Jetta!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    79

    Default

    crazy man very good

  13. #13

    Default

    looks sweet man

    would kill for a coup

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Def my favorite vw on this whole forum, nicely done man! Keep it classy.
    1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brat View Post
    crazy man very good
    Thanks alot!
    Quote Originally Posted by kadett 244 View Post
    looks sweet man

    would kill for a coup
    Thanks man
    Quote Originally Posted by conski View Post
    Def my favorite vw on this whole forum, nicely done man! Keep it classy.
    Glad to hear, thanks!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    those ronal wheels are money . !!! lookin great man

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SD202 View Post
    those ronal wheels are money . !!! lookin great man
    Yea! Thanks man

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Waco/Dallas
    Posts
    70

    Default

    I love these cars!!!
    I would kill for an MK1 or an MK2 Coupe!
    Props to you man!

  19. #19

    Default

    It aint going fast but have managed to do some painting on the engine




    Shall order some more stuff for it and also take out the other engine from the car..

    C ya

  20. #20

    Default

    you do good work, looks awesome

    ig: @jonnie86

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    2,692

    Default

    Red cars are growing on me lately. And with the wheels you may put on this car it will look fabulous.
    Go on and show us what you're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxer View Post
    I dont know why, but I love your car.. Its OEM cleanness makes me happy in the genitals.

  22. #22

    Default

    Thanks guys!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    260

    Default

    did you get your steelies widened?
    1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

  24. #24

    Default

    MMMMMM...Webers. You have got to get a cam to match them, and long tube tri "Y" headers. then that car will come alive at 3500rpm and up. The sound will be like a mechanical symphony.

    Love the car.

    Maybe some Vader seats,though.

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by conski View Post
    did you get your steelies widened?
    Yep =)
    Quote Originally Posted by flemcadiddlehopper View Post
    MMMMMM...Webers. You have got to get a cam to match them, and long tube tri "Y" headers. then that car will come alive at 3500rpm and up. The sound will be like a mechanical symphony.

    Love the car.

    Maybe some Vader seats,though.
    Thanks for the tip man!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •