MB W210 size/offset !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks dope now when it's lowered!

So 10.5" with et17 I can pretty much say it's fine atleast after rolling fenders? Any tire size recommends? 245/40 and 265/35 ?

Comment

probably go with the size I mentioned above since it is only 0,5" wider then mine..

rim width doesnt really matter as much since the tire shoulder will be in the same place no matter what the rim width is as long as the ET is the same. Your is 2mm more out so I still think a 255/35 would work the best. And if you are going with 255 in back you need 225/40 to retain the same tire diameter (close to 25"), or you can go up one size by 235/40 and 265/35, but you need to pull the fender then.

Also, not all tires are equal, my SP9000 did not rub even at the lowest suspension setting, but when I got pzero nero it did rub so I had to pull the fender a little.
      Last edited by wagonist; 03-28-2011, 12:22 AM.

Comment

here you go, I just took this picture for you so you can see where my wheels stand and compare that to what you are planning.

my wheels:
        front: 8,5x18 et20 with 225/40/18
        rear: 10x18 et19 with 255/35/18

Also note that I installed "adjustable camber bushing" to correct my rear camber back to 0 degrees (or close to it). If you are lowered similar to me and have stock camber you should have about 2 degrees of camber which equates to a few more millimeters clearance between the fender and tire.

Comment

I owe you my life! These are actually my first (real) wheels, so I'm pretty confused with ET's and widths.
          Now I am pretty confident about the purchase. Thanks alot, you really helped me out.

Next I need OZ hex tools so I can split them apart and polish the lips.

Comment

Aaaaand......I bought some Futuras today.

9x18 / 10.5x18. Can't wait to get my hands on 'em. Thank god for eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by maKe View Post
              Aaaaand......I bought some Futuras today.

9x18 / 10.5x18. Can't wait to get my hands on 'em. Thank god for eBay.
              I too have a W210 sedan. I would like to see how the rear 10.5's fit. if they do you justice I may have to move on up. I'm 19x 9.5 on the rears now and 19x 8.5 in the front.

post some pics once you get those on will ya?
              56' Big Back Glass Chevy
              08' Audi S5

Comment

Sure I will. I guess they ship from Germany to here in a week or so.

I need new tires as they have 245/40 and 275/35 on them.

Comment

Woot, got them Futuras this week.

But Houston, we have a fitment problem. Front sits quite right, tho 245/40 is too fat tire with 9" et25 wheeel. Rear is a huge mess, sticks about 10cm over fender and with 275/35 it looks weird on my w210. I'm gonna get some pics today to show what I mean.

I'm quite clueless what to do with the rears. They are supposed to be 10.5" et17, but they stick so fucken far that I think fender rolling is not gonna be enough. There is huge clearance gap on brake caliper and other control arms. Wheel could easily go atleast 5cm more inside without rubbing or touching anything.

Comment

is the car lowered? the lower the car goes the more camber you get thus the further the tire sinks in. I still say that with my previous suggestion of 225 front and 255 rear you will be fine..

Comment

^^^what he said. drop, roll, pull, stretch and natural camber are all working in your favor.

Comment

Ok ok, I have been super lazy with the pics. I guess the last two weekends didn't help with it.

Heres the car. It sits on with those fatass 245/40 + 275/35 tyres and stock suspension:

Comment

Wheels look awesome dude.

I'm running the following setup on my W210

Wheels are:
                          18x8 +30 front + 235/40/18
                          18x10 +35 rear + 245/40/18

stock Avantgarde suspension (1" lower than Elegance/Classic)

Comment

maKe: Looks good. Needs more low

I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by wagonist View Post
                              no huge ass stretch needed, look at my photo below, 225 in front with et20 and 255 in rear with et 19. I can toss a 5mm spacer in the front if I really wanted and still wouldn't rub.

How'd you lower you rear? I followed what you said and i saw a bit of improvement but the rear is not as low as i'd like for it to be. also, how'd you correct your camber? is there a kit you'd recommend? BTW, i am still budget conscious (CHEAP) lol!

Comment

gotta adjust the SLS underneath the car.

see my vid of the range on the SLS

BTW, hot chick!
                                Last edited by wagonist; 06-02-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X