Stretched tire horror stories.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
    i'd say this applies to all Falkens. my wife had the entire shoulder (tire in two pieces) blow out on two new Falken st115s. Like most have said, the root cause was a leaking bead and low pressure.
    I've seen instances of it happening a decent amount of 452s it seems but I can't recall any 512s doing it and I'm on my 2nd set of those now with zero issues

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
    Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Nankang nsII's, cheap, never had a problem, cant say I've ever heard antone else have a problem with them either!

I've noticed a couple of cars in the US run them aswell.
      Originally posted by anth
      Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

^ I run Nankang NSII's. No Issues here. A bunch of VIP guys run their 19" NSII as well, and I've nevr heard a bad rep.
        SLAMMED GARAGE
        slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

I'm glad to hear no issues with the tire stretching.

And I do like bosozuku, well I enjoy the milder side of things. I also enjoy Kyusha cars, which I guess could be mis-interpreted as that "mild style" of bosozuku that I like...but it's not. haha

I just cant stand the huge pipes, and massively ridiculous non-functional cars.
          Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
          Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Dangle View Post
            I just cant stand non-functional cars.
            and yet u drive a stanced car (or don't u)

cuz low is non-functional (at least on the shitty roads we all know)
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Yes, and no. Basically the car is stanced with a certain wheel setup, but can be changed at any point and time. And in comparison, my car is MILD. It's a car that I'm trying to make 400hp with, and streetrace in, but also stance, and handle decent. haha...

So I have a few wheel and tire combos.

The Rays for the stanced, just riding around deal.
              FD wheels with 23" M+H's for when shit gets serious.
              Stock wheels with Azenis.

So it has it's moments I guess.
              Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
              Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Petis View Post
                ^ I run Nankang NSII's. No Issues here. A bunch of VIP guys run their 19" NSII as well, and I've nevr heard a bad rep.
                Yep, I know of atleast 3 other cars on them, no dramas, and we're talking rediculous stretch...

Just picked up a fresh pair for my fronts, went from a 205/45 to a 195/45 to get some clearance for full lock... Wont make that much difference, but hell for $200 who cares!

Comment

nankangs are ok, when u don't have rain

cuz they seriously dangerous in the rain

it's like riding a car on a frozen lake
                  Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post

^This.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                      DO NOT DO IT, the universe is gonna implode.
                      The correct term is ASPLODE!!

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                        Falken 452s seem to have a tendency to have their sidewalls split but that's a specific tire defect. As everyone else in here said, tire pressure is key.
                        i had this issue with a set of falken 452's. they wernt even stretched (215/35 on a 8.5", sidewalls separated making it bubble. i've stayed away from falkens since then. the last tire i stretched was yokohama s-drives. surprisingly turned out alright.

Comment

i had Kumho Ecsta SPT. a set i had ran years prior and when i ran them before they were used and werent stretched. after that they sat outside for about 7 months getting rained in and enduring the Texas summer and some winter elements. i took them and mounted them on a 10 inch wide wheel after that and proceded to beat the crap out of them. even once losing control and driving over a cement drainage thing in the middle of the field. they never bubbled or gave me any type of problems. ive ran new tires that have had more problems. Never buy Accelera tires. i ran the Kumho's down to the cords and they never gave me any crap. id def buy them again

by the way the tire size was a 235/35/19, it was a pretty decent stretch

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post

Thats where driver skill comes into play

Comment

sorry to bump an old thread. but i am having problems with my stretched tires. its not that dangerous tho. i am running nankang ns-II 215/35/18 on xx 527 18x9.75. the tires keep popping of their bead when driving aggressively. i run 50 psi btw. any suggestions? its getting really annoying thank you -Denis

Comment

Originally posted by alexis300 View Post
                                sorry to bump an old thread. but i am having problems with my stretched tires. its not that dangerous tho. i am running nankang ns-II 215/35/18 on xx 527 18x9.75. the tires keep popping of their bead when driving aggressively. i run 50 psi btw. any suggestions? its getting really annoying thank you -Denis
                                Bigger sidewall.

Comment

Working...
                                X