Yeah, I'm doing it.....Best place to buy Racelands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by extol1337 View Post
    You need to read around. Sure, there are some that aren't complaining, but at the same time, QC and there ARE people complaining how bad they are and they learned from their "mistakes." Stop trying to defend something that is obviously cheaper for a reason, whatever specific reason they might be. If you want a set of "coilovers" that costs less than a set of Bilstein struts/shocks, then go for it; it's not my car, nor my money, but everyone should know what it all entails.
    Sorry there is misinformation in my post. I just found out today that racelands ARE made overseas. Im not defending anything, im just giving my opinoin on the subject and from what ive read i havent read anything bad about racelands. Im not saying that your point isnt clear and they are made very cheapy, but hell, its better than cutting the shit out of springs.

Comment

Originally posted by got german View Post
      Just curious, tell me why you wouldn't buy them......If it had a Ground Control, or KW, or AST sticker on it would you buy it for about 5x the cost. If I dont like them that much ill shell out the extra cash for a nicer suspension. Don't see why people **** this product.
      Much like extol said, its because Raceland doesn't use the same quality control and R&D time that other companies do. There is a markup to GC, KW, AST, etc, because they use higher quality parts, much more R&D time, better spring rates, they're valved appropriately for the higher rates, they're adjustable in many more ways than just ride height, for example dampening adjustable.

Racelands are bouncy as hell, their ride quality isn't "bad" to some people but typically those people haven't driven on quality coils before, drive behind a car slammed on Racelands, and a car slammed on BC coils and you will see a huge world of difference. I don't understand why you are getting so angry about this. I never said I ***** it, just I wouldn't buy them.

I made the mistake buying cheap coils for my car, and I must say that I will never do that again. I mean you can go and do it, if your stance is on point no one will question you. I'm just saying after they break in and the ride quality goes out the window you can't say we didn't warn you.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

The way I look at it is simple. Higher quality, reputable-brand coilovers mostly come with LIFETIME warranties, meaning the company obviously stands behind their product and it's been built to last. These cheaper coilovers come with about 1 year or less of warranty and things do go wrong with coilovers, no matter what kind they are.

I've had my B&Gs for 5 years and in that time, I've had one blown rear strut, one blown front strut, and one bent front lower mount. Both issues were taken care of under warranty and the same set is still on my car to this day with bags over them and I know if anything happens, I can get them replaced no questions asked. That kind of peace of mind is worth the extra cost to me and indicative of a higher quality product.

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
        Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

i say buy them. ive had mine for almost 2 years now and have no complaints. do they ride the best? no. but they dont ride bad either. all i wanted was to go low, and thats exactly what they did.

EDIT: if you plan on running them super low, make sure you cut the bump stops. its not very fun for your back when your riding on them, and they are cheap enough that its not a big deal to replace if you happen to blow one
          Last edited by Nick Nasty; 10-30-2010, 11:46 AM. Reason: stuff and things
          No Shelter

Comment

I bought FK street lines for $400 when I first got my car, because I wanted to be low. Now I'm saving up for Ksports. I can get ksports for like $300 more than I spent on the FKs and they're nice coils or atleast better than the FKs. Trust me, save up for better suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
              While this is true, of all the "cheap" coilover makers raceland really is the best, and their quality has gone up a bit as they have become a bigger name out there. That said would I buy them, no. Do they give you sick stance, yes. Are they good for really driving hard on, absolutely not. But I guess if all you want is low and you care not for ride quality or any of that jazz, then racelands are you're best bet if you want to stay on the cheap.

Still wouldn't buy them though.
              Dropzones?
              The world is seldom simple, and life is never easy.

Comment

Originally posted by got german View Post
                hahahah hell yea, I thought they were like $238, I'm a broke college student trying to go low, I'm not cutting my springs lmao.
                cut em..if ur broke cut em

Comment

Ricelands ride better then my 1,500$ Bilstein PSS-9s.

Thats why my Bilsteins are on sale. I'd say do it...save up, get some baller ass ones, if you really mind. It's only $300 or so dollars.
                  www.derekwheeler.com
                  for all your photography needs!

Comment

Originally posted by blackjellybean View Post
                    I bought FK street lines for $400 when I first got my car, because I wanted to be low. Now I'm saving up for Ksports. I can get ksports for like $300 more than I spent on the FKs and they're nice coils or atleast better than the FKs. Trust me, save up for better suspension.
                    Stick with the FK's. Thier just as good as Ksports. LOL.
                    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                    he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

If FK is like Raceland then it's nowhere near KSport. Do the FK even have adjustable lower mounts?

Comment

It depends on which model you get. the low end ones dont. Just a fixed lower mount. the mid priced + above do.
                        Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                        he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

I got a chance to ride in E46 that has raceland coils. The drive was suppose to be 400 miles. After first 40 miles I told him to pull over and I rather find alternative way to get home. I was willing to walk home rather than riding in his car! There is no fucking way I could daily drive car on raceland coils.

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

Originally posted by benz88 View Post
                            Stick with the FK's. Thier just as good as Ksports. LOL.
                            Full shock travel > barely any shock travel. I have helpers out and their spun almost all the way down in the front. My car doesn't even know what shock travel is.

Comment

Its your car, your building it for yourself not anyone else

Comment

Racelands ride great, in mk3's and mk4's at least.
                                Probably one of the better coilover set ups I've ever experienced.
                                1973 Volkswagen squareback
                                1985 F250 4x4 T19 6.9
                                2014 Chevy spark
                                2003 Toyota Echo

Comment

Working...
                                X