• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bhahahaha.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by sweedspeed18 View Post
      Racelands ride great, in mk3's and mk4's at least.
      Probably one of the better coilover set ups I've ever experienced.
      I'm not really picky, but I'm still going to call BS on this. You must not have experienced many.

Did you know?: Raceland coilovers are regular bargain bin shocks inside threaded casings. That's why they ride like stock are moderate drops, and utter shit when they're asked to go real low. Also why they're so soft.

Comment

Originally posted by armanduhx3 View Post
        Ricelands ride better then my 1,500$ Bilstein PSS-9s.

Thats why my Bilsteins are on sale. I'd say do it...save up, get some baller ass ones, if you really mind. It's only $300 or so dollars.
        you have no idea what you are talking about.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by sweedspeed18 View Post
          Racelands ride great, in mk3's and mk4's at least.
          Probably one of the better coilover set ups I've ever experienced.
          They may have been designed first for golfs, and then they just changed the mounts for other models. That's why the spring rates are so similar between models. They may work good on some models, and terribly on others.

Racelands may work for just aesthetics. May work better with rear shocks replaced for bilstein sports to do some of the work of the springs it doesn't have (as they are valved aggressivly) for 450-500 total, but by then it just is much smarted to save um for something else.

If you drive the car everyday or on long trips, by all means save up for ST COs at least IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
            you have no idea what you are talking about.
            LOL, sorry. My Bilstein PSS-9s when slammed all the way down.
            Such a god awful ride.
            www.derekwheeler.com
            for all your photography needs!

Comment

I've had my ricelands for like 8 months and to me being low is totally worth having poor ride quality.

One has two choices:
              1. $300 for racelands, go super low, have it be less comfortable than stock.
              2. $1200 for a complete suspension that goes kinda low and rides more like stock.

Apart from Zero Clearance ($2-$3k?) and totally custom stuff (???$$) not very many suspensions ride great slammed out of the box.

But then again I'm totally ignorant and know basically nothing about cars so my opinion is without value.
              Need to rent a fender roller in Socal? PM me.

Comment

Get rokkors instead, slightly stiffer and same price, and doesn't bounce at all I get compliments on how smooth the ride is

Comment

so whats the middle ground? what is between the cheap(ddm raceland ) and the expensive (kw,zc,pss9)

Comment

Originally posted by cheebs View Post
                    so whats the middle ground? what is between the cheap(ddm raceland ) and the expensive (kw,zc,pss9)
                    Weitec, ST, FK.. probably some that im forgetting.
                    91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

Originally posted by renngolf View Post
                      Weitec, ST, FK...
                      +1 for what this guy said. These are excellent quality and wont break the bank.

Comment

I'm buying Racelands for my E36 and the way I see it. If the ride is **** then I'll save for something along the lines of bullstein, but for me, $300 to perform my own tests and formulate my own oppinions is worth it.

Jesus Christ drives an E36.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Comment

Originally posted by StancE36 View Post
                          I'm buying Racelands for my E36 and the way I see it. If the ride is **** then I'll save for something along the lines of bullstein, but for me, $300 to perform my own tests and formulate my own oppinions is worth it.
                          So you're willingly buying something inferior to formulate your own opinion in the future that this product was in fact garbage and still buy Bilsteins later..

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Just save up for Bilsteins right now.
                          91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

So you're willingly buying something inferior to formulate your own opinion in the future that this product was in fact garbage and still buy Bilsteins later..

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Just save up for Bilsteins right now.
                            Because I may find that I am alright with Racelands.

I drive my car in the city about 10 miles a day. Thats it.

I will never race my car, I will never track my car and as it is the stock springs are destroyed, so for me, I might be content with Racelands given my current lifestyle.

Jesus Christ drives an E36.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Comment

DOES NOT COMPUTE.
                              Lolol

Comment

Working...
                              X