My wheel project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wheel project

Well if anyone knew me from the G35 forums then you would know Im a wheel whore and like to build/buy wheels for my cars. I went threw multiple sets with my G and hope I don't I have the same habits with my a5! here's a sneak peak of what Im building for my A5 2011 Sline 2.0t with some help from B. Gorman from the mbforums ... we were able to source what I was looking for, 19 inch mesh wheels that I can use to build 20inch step lip wheels with. As wheel gurus know, step lip wheels have faces that are 1inch less in diameter then the outer barrel. I will be using the 19inch faces to mate with new 20 inch step lip outer barrels and new 20 inch inner barrels as well.
    here are the wheels, Auto Art VY in 19 inch

The faces apart from the wheel

And... the lips 4inch rears.... 3inch fronts.....2.5 inch spare lips

The lips were ordered in the old style step lips that aren't rolled on the edge like the new step lips and the valve stem will extend from inside the inner barrel. Since Auto Art faces strictly use Auto Art machined lips and inner barrels, the faces will be milled to fit the new step lips, and the rears of the faces will be machined to give the the brakes a closer clearance. The inner barrels and faces will be matte black and the lips will be polished. 20x10 fronts and 20x11 rears. Offset is custom of course. The car is dropped with H&R coilovers and an AWE quad exhuast has been ordered along with the s5 rear valence and front grill.
    Here are the lips after polishing and a pic of the faces being milled down to fit the front barrels

Rear barrels at the powder coater getting matte black treatment like the centers

swangnbang.com ....caveman stance at its best.

Comment

Awesome!
      is there a chance that you can reverse mount the centers, behind the front lip, by machining the edge of the center flat.
      i know this has bin done to some LM wheels.
      -Instagram@jdjurhuus
      Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

stupid question time....

Do you have to change the rear barrells to 20in too?

Comment

Yes you have to do that as well.
          -Instagram@jdjurhuus
          Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

coming out nice!

Comment

ah..and for the final and finished product...

...and my a5 sline its goin on

Comment

SICK Rob... can't wait to see it come together!

Comment

These look great...Bill does nice work! If anyone is interested in doing this I have a set of staggered 19 AutoArt VYs for sale!! 19x8.5 19x9.5 ET41 PM for details. I'm a regular on Audizine and Vortex.

Comment

Nice stuff! Even though black with polished is generally considered a tired combination, these wheels pull it off really well thanks to the stepped lips and matte finish. Should look good on the car.

Comment

Is this your car? Has to be.
                      Attached Files

"If everyone thought the same when it came to modding there would be no thinking"

Comment

more
                        Attached Files

"If everyone thought the same when it came to modding there would be no thinking"

Comment

Great job!
                          My 1995 Audi Cabrio 2.6 V6 RS2 Look, Coilovers, RH PD RAD 9,5/10x18" 215/35 & 225/35.

Comment

Hi

Old thread, but worth a shot... What did you do with the old 19" lips?

Comment

nice work, where did you get the lip/barrels?

Comment

Working...
                              X