I fitted coilovers, yeah finally.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fitted coilovers, yeah finally.

Ok I've had some heat in the past for my 4x4 stance, courtesy of low wheels and stock suspension.

Saturday I had a set of PSS9's installed and my car now looks a bit closer to "Stanced".

Shamefully the tyre guy couldn't mount my new tyres, so I haven't fit the BBS wheels yet, so for now, the Contours must do.

I haven't taken many pics now, so for now, this is all I have.

I had a 2" gap between top of the tyre and fender, which is now a fender half and inch over the top of the tyre. This is at the middle height setting.

Front (neg.) camber was increased by tilting the kingpin on the shockmount at the cost of 2 washers.

Should look better with the lower et BBS wheels.

Downside to this camber "adjustment" is clearance... I have just a few mm left.

More and better pics will follow next week, after I'm back from my week long trip to the Nordschleife.

PS: I know people who are lower and still claim no ground clearance issue's. Well, I can tell you that with my current height, on speedbumps, the bottom is nicely scraping. So those even lower, must have issue's as well.
    I always thought my x-brace was the issue, but now I found out it's actually 2 kind of extensions below the front seats that are even lower.
    I wonder how all the low-riders are not worried about doing structural damage to their cars, or am I now just being paranoid?
    Last edited by MParallel; 09-06-2009, 08:36 PM.

*Click Sigpic For Journal*

massive improvement

Comment

Lookin' good.

Did you also use longer bolts with the washers? If not, I'd get some (and make sure they're the 10.9 hardness, hardened steel like the factory ones) asap.

Comment

The frame rails are the lowest point on the bottom of the E36. And I scrape mine daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
          The frame rails are the lowest point on the bottom of the E36. And I scrape mine daily.
          True story.

Scraping frame doesn't qualify as a problem to me, therefore I have no problems driving as low as I am.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
            True story.

Scraping frame doesn't qualify as a problem to me, therefore I have no problems driving as low as I am.
            This is good to know.

Car looks much better. Sucks about the clearance on wheel to coilover though.

Comment

True story.

nothing wrong with a little frame scrape.
              Ben Purkiss Design
              My Design Blog

Comment

You're just paranoid. Scraping frame is a good time. Scraping my track pipe is not a good time.

It must suck having speed bumps on common roads. There are speed bumps around here, but they are all avoidable. And trust me the lowriders around here don't have trouble getting over speed bumps because going over them usually isn't even an option unless it's a longer speed bump. I know it isn't for me. See a speed bump, turn the fuck around or go around it.

I got pulled over the other day for going around a speed bump. The cop asked why and I said look at how low my car is. His response was, "Alright, just don't go around them all the time, just sometimes."

lmao.. I was like Alright, just sometimes got it. lol

IG: @_olliee

Comment

One quick more vivid pic, as I just got back from a week of driving on the Nürburgring Grand Prix circuit and Nordschleife. Too awesome
                  Driving it is one thing, but with the top down was even more fantastic.

Comment

Glad to see your finally lowered it! A step in teh right direction for sure!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

True story.

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                      You're just paranoid. Scraping frame is a good time. Scraping my track pipe is not a good time.
                      Have you guys removed your sway bar?

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

How far down are your pss9's?

Mine are all the way down, and I'm not very low at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
                            How far down are your pss9's?

Mine are all the way down, and I'm not very low at all!
                            Right in the middle setting front and rear, as that was what we used as a starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                              Me too. If I drive the car which I don't do much anymore. The front lip of the garage scrapes when you pull in.

I try not to scrape or hit anything personally.

Comment

Working...
                              X