Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Upstate NY mk2 Jetta

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    14

    Default Upstate NY mk2 Jetta

    Been lurking around for a while, but here's my ride. In the works of being stanced. Lots of work left to do this winter, like bodywork and paint obviously.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    sick.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NNJ
    Posts
    260

    Default

    looks like a good start, clean that sucker up and u got win. looks like good work on the fender, is that in metal?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWabbit View Post
    looks like a good start, clean that sucker up and u got win. looks like good work on the fender, is that in metal?
    Thanks guys. Yes It's welded and obviously pulled flares from another car. Was a complete pain but it's the only way to tuck that 9.5" wheel.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Latham, NY
    Posts
    606

    Default

    from that one picture i know what meet it was taken at and i wasn't even there and i have never seen ur car in person, wtf.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Haha, so you're on roflwagens I'm guessing? Who are you on there? You'll be seeing more of it next year.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bulgaria / EU
    Posts
    2,542

    Default

    love it! nice fitment over there...

    more picturez, please!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    14

    Default



    One more. I'm going to go with a wider front setup next year, don't worry.

    Right now:
    BBS RM's
    Powdercoated black barrels/faces/lips/flat caps
    Powdercoated red trim rings
    Gold plated bolts
    6.5" et35 on 165/45's front
    9.5" et-5 on 195/45's rear

    Car is static and was my daily all year.
    Last edited by ohhaiNate; 10-06-2010 at 09:10 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Random Thread
    Posts
    34,744

    Default

    nice.

    where in ny are you?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Thanks. I'm in Amsterdam, about 30 minutes West of Albany.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Random Thread
    Posts
    34,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohhaiNate View Post
    Thanks. I'm in Amsterdam, about 30 minutes West of Albany.
    nice. i work for a big vw/audi performance parts retailer in Clifton Park

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Oh really? That's awesome. Who's that?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slwrthnu View Post
    from that one picture i know what meet it was taken at and i wasn't even there and i have never seen ur car in person, wtf.
    ahahah same here.



    Dude I love your mark2. Absolutely love the fenders and rear fitment. The front fitment is killing you a bit though, def gotta widen those 6.5s but everything else is on point. Hit me up next time you're in albany if you want. I'd like to check it out and person and meet some stanceworks locals. When you get paint we'll def do a photoshoot. I'm on roflwagens and shift but I'm not too frequent. SW is my real home. haha

    IG: @_olliee

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Random Thread
    Posts
    34,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohhaiNate View Post
    Oh really? That's awesome. Who's that?
    North American Motorsports

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    492

    Default

    that mk2 is clean!
    cant wait till its done.


    and the euro plate? lmao.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    ahahah same here.



    Dude I love your mark2. Absolutely love the fenders and rear fitment. The front fitment is killing you a bit though, def gotta widen those 6.5s but everything else is on point. Hit me up next time you're in albany if you want. I'd like to check it out and person and meet some stanceworks locals. When you get paint we'll def do a photoshoot. I'm on roflwagens and shift but I'm not too frequent. SW is my real home. haha
    Yeah I didn't mess with the fronts originally because I was going for kind of a broken look, but when push came to shove I realized it just didn't fit with such a wide rear setup. I'd definitely be down for a shoot once my cars done. Your m3 is easily one of my favorites of all time. PM me your number and I'll Text you or something one of these days.

    Glad someone noticed the europlate too, haha. That's actually my state plate number as well.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Latham, NY
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohhaiNate View Post
    Haha, so you're on roflwagens I'm guessing? Who are you on there? You'll be seeing more of it next year.
    nope not on there, friends with a few vw kids and was at the meet last year in my mr2.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slwrthnu View Post
    nope not on there, friends with a few vw kids and was at the meet last year in my mr2.
    I was there then too, I remember your car. I had different wheels at the time though, black AC schnitzer reps with a polished lip.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Houston,Tx
    Posts
    314

    Default

    I like the way the mk2 is sitting. Can't wait to see it done

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Thanks buddy. I can't wait either, been a long road with this car.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    12,330

    Default

    Fitment is awesome. Can't wait to see it painted.

    Welcome to StanceWorks

    Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxer View Post
    You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Average_Jerk View Post
    Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •