Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
    +1

If you go racelands or any other cheap/ebay coilover, in the end you'll end up spending much more if you want to really stance your car.
    how do you figure? i went out on a limb and picked up a set of racelands for my 325 a)because i could care less about tracking the car (i doubt 99% of the ppl on this site do so as well), b) 99% of ppl on the boards talk shit about them yet have never owned a set or have rididn in a car with them and c) because if they suck and end up blowin oh well im out less than half a weeks paycheck :yawn:

ive had em for over 1k+ miles and have yet to have any isseus with them, no weird noises theyre not blown, go low as f**k and do everything i need them to and then some

a buddy of mine has a 98 M3 with DDM coils and i can honestly tell you that i like how my car rides 10x better than his, no bounce and no werid noises comin from the rear like ive heard on DDMs. Although i would love camber adjustment at this point it wasnt worth an extra $500 to me. Im extremely happy with my racelands

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
    form>function
    "i mean we cant even rock dem shoes if it dont got a comma on the price tag..."

Comment

I don't think anybody is talking shit about them, just that for a little bit more you can get a product that is backed by a reputable company that may be worth the piece of mind. The point about the price is that if your Racelands blow, you could have put that money towards DDMs and you would have been about half way there already.

As for DDMs are ride quality. Well, they are damping adjustable and you can pick your spring rate so I think that is a non-point.

Plus you get to pick your spring rates with the DDMs, which is always a plus. What is the spring rate on the Racelands?
      Last edited by Digitalwave; 09-16-2009, 03:28 PM.

Comment

well as far as MY set-up i have peice of mind and i can really care-less about spring rates i got coilovers to dump my car thats it, it rides good and doesnt bounce thats all i care about lol the only other thing i could of asked for is camber adjustable top hats =/

Originally posted by Hova
        the spring rates on the coils are:
        325# @ 2"
        375#@ 3"
        Fronts are progressive springs...
        the rears are linear springs, and are:
        300#

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
        form>function

Comment

Well, some people might care because spring rate can have a lot do with with how much poke you can run without rubbing. In the case of the Racelands, if those rates are accurate, those are extremely soft springs (not much stiffer than your average lowering springs like H&R Sports) and at least 50% softer than most of us are running on E36's.

But as long as you are happy with them, that's all that matters. We are having a civil discussion here, there is no need to be so defensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
            I don't think anybody is talking shit about them, just that for a little bit more you can get a product that is backed by a reputable company that may be worth the piece of mind. The point about the price is that if your Racelands blow, you could have put that money towards DDMs and you would have been about half way there already.

As for DDMs are ride quality. Well, they are damping adjustable and you can pick your spring rate so I think that is a non-point.

Plus you get to pick your spring rates with the DDMs, which is always a plus. What is the spring rate on the Racelands?
            They have a 2 year warranty; I'll be perfectly happy throwing them away and buying another set if they last that long (if I have the car that long that is).

I've put 1200 miles on mine so far and I have no complaints. Rides alright, and soft or not, I haven't yet destroyed the fenders and I've taken some hairy bumps and dips at speed while turning.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
              Well, some people might care because spring rate can have a lot do with with how much poke you can run without rubbing. In the case of the Racelands, if those rates are accurate, those are extremely soft springs (not much stiffer than your average lowering springs like H&R Sports) and at least 50% softer than most of us are running on E36's.

But as long as you are happy with them, that's all that matters. We are having a civil discussion here, there is no need to be so defensive.
              sorry if my statements came of as defensive cause that is def not how i intended them to be just throwin out my personal experience is all :thumbup:

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
              form>function

Comment

DDMs don't ride to great if you go with their recommended spring rates.

I can't image the rear of the racelands do very well with 300# rear springs... It is not a true coilover and is ~180lb spring once mounted...

Comment

Victorryyyyyyy.
                  Originally posted by da3bous
                  I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Originally posted by balleur View Post
                    how do you figure? i went out on a limb and picked up a set of racelands for my 325 a)because i could care less about tracking the car (i doubt 99% of the ppl on this site do so as well), b) 99% of ppl on the boards talk shit about them yet have never owned a set or have rididn in a car with them and c) because if they suck and end up blowin oh well im out less than half a weeks paycheck :yawn:

ive had em for over 1k+ miles and have yet to have any isseus with them, no weird noises theyre not blown, go low as f**k and do everything i need them to and then some

a buddy of mine has a 98 M3 with DDM coils and i can honestly tell you that i like how my car rides 10x better than his, no bounce and no werid noises comin from the rear like ive heard on DDMs. Although i would love camber adjustment at this point it wasnt worth an extra $500 to me. Im extremely happy with my racelands
                    I made that post before I saw your car. I gotta admit, your stance is locked in. I really didn't think you could have such a flush stance with such ridiculously low rates. Props on that, I was just saying.. I run 700lb in the rear and I still rub occasionally, I coudn't imagine having those rates being that low.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                      I made that post before I saw your car. I gotta admit, your stance is locked in. I really didn't think you could have such a flush stance with such ridiculously low rates. Props on that, I was just saying.. I run 700lb in the rear and I still rub occasionally, I coudn't imagine having those rates being that low.
                      Same.

Backing out of driveway it rubs really really bad.

Comment

comming from someone who has owned both sets ,ddm with 500f 600r slammed, and racelands slammed. The ride on the DDMs was way better, the lower you go raceland the bouncier it is, I cared about my e36 a little bit more than the jetta and I planned to stance the e36 so I wanted something a little better. but I do love my racelands.
                        Originally posted by Oh, Word?
                        You guys realize every time you mention his car being lower than a bagged car his penis grows one inch in girth.

Comment

Good thing I don't have a steep driveway :
                          Originally posted by da3bous
                          I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Friends don't let friends buy cheap suspensions. But then again maybe you don"t have any friends to stop you?

Erik

Comment

Originally posted by e36rjbmw View Post
                              comming from someone who has owned both sets ,ddm with 500f 600r slammed, and racelands slammed. The ride on the DDMs was way better, the lower you go raceland the bouncier it is, I cared about my e36 a little bit more than the jetta and I planned to stance the e36 so I wanted something a little better. but I do love my racelands.
                              The higher bounciness the lower you go is gonna be true of any coilover that doesn't have dampening adjustment ... no way around it.

But really it's not that bad. I find that it's only really bouncy at lower speeds when you hit a series of bumps just right (my local Walmart parking lot is the worst I've come across).

Comment

I would get racelands over DDM. I've never seen DDM's in person, but I have seen racelands and comparing them to some of the pictures I've seen online, the racelands look better. Only problem with them is you will probably need to go with stiffer springs if you have a very aggressive wheel setup.

They are both probably pretty shitty, but the racelands will cost you only a fraction of the cost. Why pay more if it's not really that much of on upgrade? If you're going to get DDM's, I would spend a little more and get fortune auto's or FK's or if you want to go even higher on the price scale, GC.

I am personally probably going to go with Fortune Auto's. They quoted me $1175 shipped for coils for my M with custom rates and valving.
                                Last edited by Morbid; 10-04-2009, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X