Bagged S4's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagged S4's

Just picked up a b5 S4 last week- currently sitting on stock wheels with Variant 1's- spun them down pretty far and while still low-its not low enough- I dont want to pull helpers because the ride to h20 was painful enough as is haha

I know there is a bagged s4's out there- just looking to see what kind of setups would be required/ if anyone has dealt with it

member # 1168

Originally posted by Deltron
    fast & furious 6 will just be slammed cars. Brians new job is stealing and selling oilpans. the climax of the movie is when torretto has to get over a speedbump.

Just get better coils. That nagaro that was featured on here is static and looks stunning. Bagging an s4 defeats the point of having an s4 IMO. Look into coils with shorter struts and greater ability to go lower.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      JBagging an s4 defeats the point of having an s4 IMO.
      Just curious, why do you think this?
      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
      if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
      Originally posted by Jedidiah
      he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by extol1337 View Post
        I'll bite my tongue for now to see what his reply is.. just find it funny most people who **** on air ride have either never been in a car with air, or have been in one that has a cheap set up, and thus in turn does ride much worse than coilovers. My bagyards honestly ride better than any set of coils I've been on, and handle just as well as when the car was static.

Here's pauls bagged b5 A4 from NYC on Bagyards

Comment

I used to be famous.

somewhere between I want it and I got it.

Comment

Also curious.

Comment

I4t lulz

Comment

I just feel it takes the sport out of the car, I know that you guys are going to say that so does slamming your car, but thats not what I am saying, what coilovers can do is being redefined, and you can go lower and lower on a static setup now a days. After riding in Josh's M3 on SW coils this weekend, static with less than an inch of clearance, I know that nearly anything is possible. I don't know what the lowest coils are for B5's but I know that there are some that go pretty damn low.

To me its like bagging a M3, and seeing as they are very comparable cars, and people tend to say "That just defeats the point of having a M3:, to me this is the same.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Try riding in a car with a proper air set up and I think you may change your mind.Air ride has come a long way, it's not just about being low anymore, a lot of cars handle really well on it. I would love to have a bagged s4 with some Bagyards. I know it would still be able to handle and when I wanted to tuck wheel like Pauls above I would be able to lay it out and have that stance that I want whenever and where ever.

Comment

I rode on in Ben's GTI this weekend thats on Bagyards, I will agree that they perform really well. I don't exactly know how to word what I am trying to say. I am in no way knocking bags though.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                      I don't exactly know how to word what I am trying to say.

Aside from the obvious weight gain and maintenance, air-ride can perform just as well if not better than a set of coilovers.

Air in a bag equates to a spring rate as well.
                      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                      if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
                      Originally posted by Jedidiah
                      he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Aside from the obvious weight gain and maintenance, air-ride can perform just as well if not better than a set of coilovers.

Air in a bag equates to a spring rate as well.
                        Oh I know that, but like I said I just can't put into words my thoughts. None the less bags are still awesome, just if you go bags make sure you lay frame or do something typically unattainable by a static setup (minus SW coils because those things will legit lay frame if you max them out on an E36).
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

well I think after looking into pricing I will probably stay static-split blq's instead- yes please- gt28r's- I need to sell some stuf haha

oh and speaking of e46 m3's- stomped on a certain Stanceworks member this weekend at h2o with 5 people in my car doing 2nd to 3rd gear pull- needless to say I was stoked

member # 1168

Originally posted by Deltron
                          fast & furious 6 will just be slammed cars. Brians new job is stealing and selling oilpans. the climax of the movie is when torretto has to get over a speedbump.

Comment

Paul's A4 was only about half an inch higher than it currently sits laid out when he was still on coilovers. I think he had H&R Ultralows, they rode awesome even at that height and he was able to push the car decently on them too.

Like most of the people in here have said though, a good bag setup can perform well and give you the best of both worlds (being low and still having sporty dynamics)

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                            Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                              Paul's A4 was only about half an inch higher than it currently sits laid out when he was still on coilovers. I think he had H&R Ultralows, they rode awesome even at that height and he was able to push the car decently on them too.

Like most of the people in here have said though, a good bag setup can perform well and give you the best of both worlds (being low and still having sporty dynamics)
                              im really a noob to the idea of bags, so please forgive, but what setup would constitue the above. sporty and low. im thinking of bagging my a4 avant bc im moving to colorado and need something versatile, but its gotta be able to handle. i saw a ksport airtech but couldnt find any reviews..what else do you guys recommend?

Comment

Working...
                              X