Stanced Trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scotto View Post
    I finally ditched the bags off my Mazda and picked up some smaller wheels/tires. I went from an 18x7.5 with a 225/40r18 and +45 offset to a 15x8.5 with a 205/50r15 with a -16 offset. Get the tires put on Tuesday, then I have to finish building my engine bay cage and coilover mounts on the front, and get a box for it, then it should be good to go.
    pics...?
    | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

• Here's how mine sits right now...

I'd love to do a mild bag setup with some e-level type of controls. Not slammed to the frame, but enough of a well designed drop with control to (1) park down on the tires, (2) air up ever so slightly for ride clearance, and (3) back to slightly lower than stock for extra comfort clearance. Do all that and then put it on a nice set of 22" custom cut Rotiform/HRE/etc. Just a little bigger than my current 20" setup but still not so big that I can't stretch and poke a little for more flushness. Ah, a boy and his dream.
      Last edited by silvrbreez; 09-06-2011, 04:24 PM.
      "Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough."
      Sir Henry Royce, Rolls-Royce Motor Co.

Comment

• Needs more low, static.
        | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

• Agreed, more low is desired.

Having owned a slammed Civic and C10 in the past, I'm a big fan of static done right. Unfortunately, options for static drops on these trucks are limited.

Cut springs up front isn't my preferred method and the available (non-custom) options for coilovers only give about a 1/2" or so. Some guys have gotten custom spindles built for these and have gotten about 2" up front from that option. I could flip the axle in the rear and then do blocks for more drop. So custom spindles, flip kit and blocks would give me about 2"-3" all around, or I could hold out for air and get that much drop and then some. I prefer static when it can be done right, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards for this truck.

Nice trucks all around by the way.

Sent using Tapatalk for iPhone
          "Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough."
          Sir Henry Royce, Rolls-Royce Motor Co.

Comment

• Yeah the front is always a bitch. I ordered custom front springs for my truck since 2" springs were all they sell in the aftermarket. You've gotta suck it up and either start cutting/fabbing or looking for companies that have done it before if you want to go static. Mine's got a 7/6 drop static and I can easily go 2" more in the front and 3" in the rear but I dont have time. Nothing wrong with driving low static. I dont bottom out, my ride is very comfortable, and I can still use it as a truck.

This is where my sits. Still a serious WIP.

Im not stopping until it drags frame on uneven driveways, etc.
            Last edited by kaidotech; 09-07-2011, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJSquirt View Post
              Here's mine
              Photobucket
              any more pics of this?

Comment

• Here are a couple more pics of my truck a little over a year ago. Some things have changed since then. The roll pan has been painted body color, the gold g35 wheels are now Enkei 92's, and the tails are back to red. Unfortunately I got in an accident and the truck is at the body shop. Once its out pics will be up.
                Photobucket
                Photobucket
                LegitWheels Painting
                Any split wheel face $150
                http://legitwheels.webs.com

Comment

• Damn dude, why did you take off the G35's, those looked sick.

Comment

• Thanks man. Well I wanted to go stanced so I went with smaller wheels with a crazy high offset. I like the 92's but there will soon be 16x10 16x10.5 rs' on it...ugh I can't wait lol.
                    LegitWheels Painting
                    Any split wheel face $150
                    http://legitwheels.webs.com

Comment

Here are a couple more pics of my truck a little over a year ago. Some things have changed since then. The roll pan has been painted body color, the gold g35 wheels are now Enkei 92's, and the tails are back to red. Unfortunately I got in an accident and the truck is at the body shop. Once its out pics will be up.
                      Photobucket
                      Photobucket
                      This looks so sick with the G35's wheels on it. After seeing these, I really want to rebuild my truck..
                      Pitt Drift on Facebook

Comment

Thanks man. Well I wanted to go stanced so I went with smaller wheels with a crazy high offset. I like the 92's but there will soon be 16x10 16x10.5 rs' on it...ugh I can't wait lol.
                        N 4 Pics!

Comment

• still hella sunk but closer to the ground

Comment

• Moar pics

Comment

• The shortened Envoy rack totally makes that Sonoma look like a Frontier crew cab lol.

That is pretty low for still having springs.
                              - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

• heres mine, not "stanced" but its a daily, and the silvia gets all my love

wheels are black now btw

Comment

Working...
                                X