This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
    I decided to give some medium(grade 1) steel wool a go. Worked pretty well, but I'd like them a little cleaner, but it's a start. The clean one looks a bit better in the photo than IRL, but you can at least see the difference from poo to decent. Gotta clean up the rash a bit, take the bolts out and give the lips a full once over and then replace the bolts with new ones and they'll be good to go.

Looks good with just the steel wool!

Could also try starting at 800ish grit wet and dry and work your way up to 2000-2600 grit wet and dry, then give it a buff with autosol and a final buff with purple polish
    03' Toyota Crown Athlete V Premium

Originally posted by TRaNz
    getout.

Comment

• Steel wool and TRIX will make that shit come up sweet!

Comment

I decided to give some medium(grade 1) steel wool a go. Worked pretty well, but I'd like them a little cleaner, but it's a start. The clean one looks a bit better in the photo than IRL, but you can at least see the difference from poo to decent. Gotta clean up the rash a bit, take the bolts out and give the lips a full once over and then replace the bolts with new ones and they'll be good to go.

Good on ya bloke. I think Ill hit to mine with some steel wool. I'm getting a detail this weekend and the guy said he would clean up my rims for me.. so we will have to see how that goes... I find autoglym works better than autosol... personal preference i guess
        Originally posted by AccordEuro
        Holy my god. I NEVER like S13's.

BUT I WOULD DAILY DRIVE THE CRAP OUT OF THAT THING. its perfection man, well done.

Comment

• awww yissssss made it out of work carpark without scraping the fuck out of everything.

perfected the lebo scrub. Truly an artform
          Fair Dinkum

Comment

• Originally posted by sturgey View Post
            Looks good with just the steel wool!

Could also try starting at 800ish grit wet and dry and work your way up to 2000-2600 grit wet and dry, then give it a buff with autosol and a final buff with purple polish
            Thanks.....I definitely plan to go through a few stages of wet/dry grit and then polish the lips, but I want the spokes to retain that machined look they come with originally. Although I don't want the lips mirror polished as the car is mostly original, so I like the wheels I put on it to have a slightly aged look.....like they might have been on it for quite a few years, rather than being fully restored looking.

Originally posted by nej View Post
            Steel wool and TRIX will make that shit come up sweet!
            Where can I buy this TRIX you speak of? I just googled it and it says it's a better version of the Iron X that Jon0 mentioned a few pages back.

Originally posted by Jon0 View Post
            Good on ya bloke. I think Ill hit to mine with some steel wool. I'm getting a detail this weekend and the guy said he would clean up my rims for me.. so we will have to see how that goes... I find autoglym works better than autosol... personal preference i guess
            There's a few grades of steel wool, heavy, which is too coarse, then Medium 1 down to super fine 0000, I figured Medium would be a good place to start. As for personal preference on the polish, I've found 'Bowdens Own' to be very good too.

Comment

• Anyone or relative have a trailer i can borrow for a day or two? Moving houses and gotta move my MK1 shell. Will pay too. Anyone can help?

Comment

• so who coming south east "cruise" tonight

Stu, Lawrence, George and myself will be there...inbox for detz
                E85 is love, E85 is life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordie View Post
                  so who coming south east "cruise" tonight

Interested.
                  PM me some love!
                  Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• haha very tempted but got too much uni work to do still

Comment

• Originally posted by dylan8 View Post
                      Interested.
                      PM me some love!
                      fb

Originally posted by andrewn View Post
                      haha very tempted but got too much uni work to do still
                      this guyyyyy, do it tomorrow in the library :P
                      E85 is love, E85 is life.

Comment

Although I don't want the lips mirror polished as the car is mostly original, so I like the wheels I put on it to have a slightly aged look.....like they might have been on it for quite a few years, rather than being fully restored looking.
                        I was actually going to say this before I saw your reply. I think that's definitely the way to go, I'm not a fan of oldschool rims being fully mirror polished, doesn't look right to me. What car are they going on?

Comment

Going Dakota or some clubbing shit again?
                          S I N G L E | W O R K S - Loneliness is a Lifestyle

Comment

Mad notice.

byo dingas for buttsecks?

Beware, the centers came up amazing dude.

Cant wait to see them finished. As anth said, which car they going on?
                            Originally posted by anth
                            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• lol

Go easy, but have fun.
                              Originally posted by anth
                              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                                sigh, at least he hasn't got a banner
                                yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X