Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its more for workshops that give dodgys. That shop down the street has 1 more warning after that is a heavy fine and they lose there roadworthy licence. its been around for a while but this year they have checked alot of shops even ours! (but we ok) only had to recalibrate our brake tester.XD

Comment

Oh wow. I thought they just picked up any random rego in their database and gave you a call so they could check for roadys. They are really cracking down aye. I know in my area a couple of weeks ago they were stopping cars at a major intersection during peak hour just to check for roadys

Comment

Any1 on this forum been pulled over by Vic roads? :s

Comment

hha funny i am reading this now. I literally just went out and checked the mail....... I found a shiny letter from Williamstown police station saying that I was spotted driving on 'x' road and 'x' time by 'x' police officer and was scene to be in an 'un-roadworthy' state. I must now report to Williamstown police station this sat at 11:45 am for a full inspection .................

I called him up to re-schedule, because it is the same day as 'parklife' and he said it can't be re-scheduled because they have 'vicroads' and EPA representatives booked for the whole day. He said they are starting checking cars at 9am that morning. I asked how many cars and he said he couldn't tell me exact numbers but there are a few.

I am seriously considering just canceling my rego and keeping my car for a while as a track only/permit only driver for a few months. I could change it all back to stock no worries in a few days except for the engine number which doesn't match my rego sticker. (no engineers) no matter how stock the car will be, if they check the engine number (which i assume they will def do) i am screwed...............

Gameover for me i think
          Last edited by USDMem1; 09-27-2010, 11:32 PM.
          Originally posted by TRaNz
          omg man...naaaaahhhhhh...dafuq bro...nah thats crossing the line. youre fucked bengfacebengcunt.

Comment

careful mate it might be a blitz, happened to me once, had an EPA inspection, rocked up to find about 30 cops going through multiple cars, no one got off lightly that day

Comment

man i hope my ABS sensor gets here soon, then i could bring my car up to RWC spec (besides the ride height and wheels poking out the guards)
              Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

Originally posted by USDMem1 View Post
                hha funny i am reading this now. I literally just went out and checked the mail....... I found a shiny letter from Williamstown police station saying that I was spotted driving on 'x' road and 'x' time by 'x' police officer and was scene to be in an 'un-roadworthy' state. I must now report to Williamstown police station this sat at 11:45 am for a full inspection .................

I called him up to re-schedule, because it is the same day as 'parklife' and he said it can't be re-scheduled because they have 'vicroads' and EPA representatives booked for the whole day. He said they are starting checking cars at 9am that morning. I asked how many cars and he said he couldn't tell me exact numbers but there are a few.

I am seriously considering just canceling my rego and keeping my car for a while as a track only/permit only driver for a few months. I could change it all back to stock no worries in a few days except for the engine number which doesn't match my rego sticker. (no engineers) no matter how stock the car will be, if they check the engine number (which i assume they will def do) i am screwed...............

Gameover for me i think
                The engine number you can say a mechanic changed the engine, heres the new number, apparently its an import engine... as long as you have a recipt, they should change it no worries...

The rest... sucks massive balls... sorry to hear dude
                Originally posted by anth
                Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Is the real random thread not good enough for you crims or something? Kinda ironic that the scum of the earth also have their own random thread...
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

That relly sucks dude. Btw spotted cath and trent (status) @ my shop :p.

Sponser me goddammit!!
                    Last edited by MrRolla; 09-28-2010, 12:10 AM.

Comment

I think thats the point man. The policeman already told me on the phone that there will be VICROADS going over cars and EPA. If I don't go, they are going to cancel my rego anyway according to the letter. so its either go there and get defected and not be able to pass it. therefor rego gets canned or cancel rego myself :/
                      omg man...naaaaahhhhhh...dafuq bro...nah thats crossing the line. youre fucked bengfacebengcunt.

Comment

If you are serious about throwing the towel in, cancel the rego asap and get your money back!
                        Originally posted by anth
                        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

being a B-series motor, couldn't you have just made an appointment at vicroads to show them the new engine after you did the swap? then they would have changed it over to your rego and it would have been peachy. I didn't think you'd need an engineers certificate for that motor?

Comment

i think the rule is, if you go up a 10% in displacement over stock then you need an engineers cert. I went from 1.6ltr to a 1.8ltr and took it in, said my mechanic did it, showed them receipts and they said that it is over the 10% displacement rule and that I need an engineers cert for them to pass it and change my rego.

10% of 1.6 is .16 so technically i could of gone from 1.6ltr to a 1.76ltr without a cert.

Seeing as though now i have a 2.0ltr vtec engine now, then it is well over the %displacement rule and therefor i would 100% need a cert to pass it. I have heard stories of people getting away with similar swaps but unfortunately not me.

I don't want to throw in the towel. I just don't have any other option apart from swapping out the engine back to a 1.6ltr befor Saturday to make it pass. Either way I will still keep it for a while for track duties.

I am not too pissed about it to be honest, was always gonna happen eventually, just a massive pain in the ass Also feel completely robbed just coppin a shit letter in the mail... Least they could do was pull me over.
                            Last edited by USDMem1; 09-28-2010, 01:30 AM.

Comment

if you can take it all back to stock with the 1.6 before saturday without too much hassle, I'd just do that, least you'll keep your rego without getting fines n shit. Then when you put it back together you can re-do things nicer/neater as you go (like a wire-tuck) and take the steps to get it engineered. Or just go to all the different vicroads until you get a slacker that passes it! lol

Comment

Oh wow Mike that sucks man! I remember you talking about that on Sunday.. don't give up!
                                FRUSH

Comment

Working...
                                X