Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** Help/tips with my E30 Stance **

Hey Guys,
    So i got a 90 325is. Gonna make it a fitted/stanced daily. Nothing as aggressive like my e46. So i need help from you e30 folks
    My suspension will be billy sports with IE3 race spring. IE3 will drop 2" in the front and 1.5 in the rear. Spring rates are 315F/570R lb/in. Fronts will have no spring pads and i may pick up 12mm (e90) drop hats for the front as well. Didnt go with GC conversation kit cause it wont be at the track and i dont see myself adjusting this regularly. so i kinda wanna keep this on topic with what i am running.
    As for rim/tires. I will be running DR steelies 16x8 ET 12 front plus a 5mm spacer for brake clearance (ET 7 final). The rear will be 16x10 ET 12.. Now, From what i was told i wont have brake clearance issues for the rears, so no need for spacers. The tires will be 195/40/16 front and 215/40/16 rears. The only matching tires i can find for some reason are yoko s.drives in those sizes. I cant find S.drives or matching brands for a 195/40/16 and a 225/40/16 (which is what i would like to run). But i think the 215 should look sick .
    So the tips/help i need? my rear offests. Why? well, i know i have to roll and pull my rear fenders which is no prb And also from what i read is that once the rear is dropped there is gonna be some - camber involved (which is great). But, with a 16x10 Et12 rear on a 215 or even 225 require more - camber? or will the roll/pull be enough? I looked at rimtuck for different specs/pic and there are plenty of 16x10 and even 11' with lower offests. But i am not sure what camber settings they are on. I think my 215/40 on a 10" will gimme the room i need to not rub at all or not rub soooo much. What do u guys think? should i go 16x10 ET25 instead of ET12? Keep in mind DR dont make 16x9 (wak) and the offests only change by .5" increments.
    Lastly, anybody have first hand experiance on s.drives? I heard they are great based i what i have found on this forum and a few others. They dont seem to stretch like crazy either compared to falken's, so i figure a 215/40 on my 10" would look similar to 225/40 running falken's (if that makes since)... Any tips, help or suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks!
    Cesar

Front will fit no problem, rear is a bit tougher. Your specs are the best you're going to get with those wheels, et25 won't clear the trailing arms. Normally I'd say go with a 215/45 in the back, but your springs are semi-soft for your amount of poke, so the 215/40 will give you that much more clearance. Better do a real nice roll too.

Comment

^ yeah def gonna roll it real good and pull it too! How much adjustability does the stock equipment on a e30 give you in the rear in terms of - camber (if at all)? Any rear camber kits avail without having to weld? The only kit i came accross is the IE camber kit..and that requires welding.

Comment

Toe is the only adjustable thing on an E30. Weld in kits are mainly camber correction from my understanding. On IE3s, I don't think you'll be low enough to pull off a "stance" look.

Comment

Well, I dont plan on tucking tire. Cause the roads here suck ballzz . I wanna be right above the tires. I think 15mm drop hats, and no spring pads up front will do the job, espcially after the springs settle... But i dont see how a 570lbs spring rate in the rear is too soft. i mean i just getting to "know" the e30, and that part i cant seem to understand.

Comment

Right above the tires will look goofy with that agressive. Id either go lower, or dial back the agressive numbers

Flickr

Comment

Those spring rates are firm enough. The only problem is that rear is really aggressive as far as fitment goes.

Here is what you are looking at.

16x10 with a 6 inch back spacing. 215/45 dunlop dz101.
              16x8 with a 4.5 inch back spacing. 205/40 dunlop dz101.

Comment

^ wow !! Thanks for that man!!

What front lip is that? MK3 lip?
                Last edited by BMW-UDM; 09-21-2010, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  Right above the tires will look goofy with that agressive. Id either go lower, or dial back the agressive numbers
                  Yeah possiblly, but based on what T.England posted, that's where will be. Right to the tire. I may not tuck like that in the back, which is fine. But I get what u mean. I think I can def make this work. Thanks for posting man!

Comment

Wow that E30 is sick... Cesar, I can't wait til you do this man!

Comment

^ whaaaaat uuup Dan! I can't wait either!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by T.England View Post
                        Those spring rates are firm enough. The only problem is that rear is really aggressive as far as fitment goes.

Wow! this is gonna be sick when its finished
                        MODLyfe
                        My Flickr
                        ModifiedPages.com

Comment

Originally posted by MODLyfe View Post
                          Wow! this is gonna be sick when its finished

Yeah it would be if I didnt already strip it, part it and send it off to the scrap yard.

Comment

Originally posted by T.England View Post

please tell me were you got those rims!!!

Comment

Im pretty sure those are diamond racing wheels

Comment

Working...
                              X