81' Audi 80 b2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine in!

Pretty parts put on: (tho fuel pump may go yet)

Cam belt on:

Busy night! Pretty pleased with the progress. Next up tension cam belt, spin and check allignment then put all the covers on. Then wiring and water hoses etc...

Oh and LOTS of suspension work to do as it still ain't low enough! Lol

91' TT - Mines ECU, Blitz SBC@1bar, ARC WMIC, 2.5" decat, 2.5" ProFlow Exhaust, HSD's, ls400's, JapanRacing JR12's. SoarerUnion.com

Comment

Nearly forgot about this car. So awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
        Nearly forgot about this car. So awesome
        Thanks Jorge, I promise to make a UK Meet when it's finished...

91' TT - Mines ECU, Blitz SBC@1bar, ARC WMIC, 2.5" decat, 2.5" ProFlow Exhaust, HSD's, ls400's, JapanRacing JR12's. SoarerUnion.com

Comment

just seen this for first time and i gotta say im in ♥ with old school b2 all day.

tidy motor, apart from the brown engine bay

Flickr

Comment

Never seen this either!!! Love it, keep up the good work.

Comment

I've been really diggin' older Audis lately and this is no different, looks excellent

Comment

Originally posted by Jacko_162 View Post
                just seen this for first time and i gotta say im in ♥ with old school b2 all day.

tidy motor, apart from the brown engine bay
                Hahhahaha, hope you like the bay, the whole car is going that colour!

Thanks gents, lots to do, you wouldn't believe the lengths I'm going to to get it LOW. Lol.

Should be a great stance when done, with a bit of poke, nice interior etc... Can't wait. Think it will be another year yet.

Comment

Looks so good im really liking this loving the color of the interior
                  Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

So I haven't given an update in a whole, been hammering the paint prep, but while I was waiting for the guts to do it I turned my interest to the rear bench which doesn't match my leather fronts...

Anyways over the last few days I've been becoming a bit of a seamstress...

Fleather cut for rear bench, still not 100% on the colour, so if it doesn't match well enough I'll just have to re-cover the fronts too to match...

Seam test:

Done:

Seams:

Really happy with it, but think I'll need to cover the fronts to match, which annoys me as if I knew I'd be doing that I'd have covered the lot in beige fleather...

I am so proud of me!!! The upper half was finished, but not fitted, tonight I made the lower half to fit, I'll let the pics speak for themselves!

Obviously once glued on and sewed tight on the under side it will look a lot more snug in the final pic.

Then finally double seamed the edge from the above pic:

Seam pic:

Happy!

Finished the bench bar It being tied tight/glued...

Should look tidy once glued and tied and put in...

Anyways...Finished the base, top could do with a bit more tightening...

The colour difference is definitely noticeable, but not as bad as first thought. I might try to do the door cards from the harvested leather rather than the new fake stuff to make it look smarter... Same with the gear knob and hand break gaitor.

Will defo look far far better than a stock rear bench tho, a glance inside and you'd not see...

Comment

Awesome stuff. I've thought I'd give most things on a car a go but never trimming. Have much experience with it?

Comment

I sewed a set of 'lightweights' door cards for a mk2 golf a couple of summers back, but that's it! (they were literally stretched stitched detailed material to cover the metal.)

Comment

It's only fucking brown!!! Yeessss!

Not perfect by any respects, but looks ok. Functional. Satin finish and a home spray job, which although I put a lot of effort into it, I knew it would never be mint. But it's pretty darn good! Lol

Comment

Pics of progress...

Comment

All front details on, just need to refit the awkward indicators...

Comment

no gloss finish ? so the paint is kind of matte ?

Comment

Working...
                                X