Another One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another One

I tend to have bad luck when it comes to 'builds'. My last one i posted was my Mustang and the 302 ended up being junk after the summer i drove it. I sold it last year when i got my 2009 Sierra, then in June it was totaled. And im back with another 80's shitbox.

I got the car thinking id just drop it couple inches and fix the hanging exhaust and put some wheels on it, but the car had other ideas.

I wanted a Monte Carlo, but this Calias popped up too cheap not to get it. The 307 supposedly had 73k...or 173k on it, but the trans shifted firm, the 307 was not healthy. We got it home after about a 10 mile trip around town, and it was hot, so the next day i got coolant, then it blew a cap, then a lower radiator hose when i parked it for a week. Luckily, it was at the shop it was gonna sit at when it popped the hose because that's where the engine came from.

Just a 350, the numbers say its at least 4-bolt. It'll need a cam and heads come summer, but it runs at least. I got some wheels and new tires for it, and glass packs so its not miserable for the neighbors.

Thats it for now, when progress happens i'll try to post more, but it'll be a mild build. After it runs right i'll put some coilovers on it and see what else i want to do with it.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 01-12-2020, 07:14 PM.

Awesome. Can't wait to see updates.

This is damn close to my first car.

Comment

Hopefully come spring, I have heads, but it basically needs a new top end, and most of the suspension is shot from being a Minnesota car and sitting.

Comment

Working...
      X