d0wse E36 Timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d0wse E36 Timeline

I bought an E36, just like everyone else. I want a E34 Touring but those are expensive.

The car came to me late night from FB marketplace and I messaged the guy around 9:30pm on a sunday night. As luck would have it the old guy selling it from a clearly fake name FB account didnt sell me into the sex trade. We agreed on a time and place and I had my car trailer hitched up to my truck 5:30 the next day. Lets just say that my 204,000 4L60e was not super pumped about the hills going out to Mass but shes a trooper. Showed up and the guy was by far the creepiest guy I have ever bought anything from but I saw how rust free the car was and I couldn't give him the money fast enough. Limped the car on the trailer and headed home!

The cars listing came as a 1994 Sedan in boston green, my favorite factory color even if its BEAT like it owes me money. The interior is Tan and automatic. It was originally listed for $1400 months before but went up for $400 as a rust free Virginia car. Said needed and engine/ mechanics special. I am always skeptical and when I got there it ran AWFUL, but I had a inclining to the problem due to the critical misfire and exhaust gases going somewhere. Well cylinder 5 had a familiar surprise.

Well my bestfriends 95' M3 had two spark plugs YEET themselves out of the head previously so I used his last timesert, a $2 spark plug boot and a new spark plug and we were back in business.

I had to ensure that the car ran top notch 7 mins after installing the new spark plug LOL.

I guess I will detail my plans. I have so far'd put gas in the car and it is on the road. I will drive it until the day the salt hits the roads. I put a radio in the car, new front speakers and cut the drivers side carpet out of the car as it was SOAKED. I have a identical parts cars that has a manual swap and will swap the interior pieces that are either broken or missing. It also has to get better gas mileage than a 208,000 miles Silverado haha.

Winter 2020
    Manual Swap
    I want a cliq tuning chasis mounted shifter
    Subframe and Shock Tower Reinforcement
    Diff and Subframe bushings
    Suspension
    E46 Control arms, Cut knuckles and used/free meagan coilovers
    Interior
    Missing/broken parts, Sparco seat

The whole point of this car was going to be a road race / drift car as I want to start getting into fun motorsports stuff. Eventually I'd love to do a LS swap as we are in the process of the M3's getting a LS power plant. Let me know what you guys think.

Aren’t you a little old for a senior class photo shoot?

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
      Aren’t you a little old for a senior class photo shoot?
      I thought I was cute but guess not.

Comment

So I tried to fix the power window, the plastic sliders turned to dust. Patched the truck harness and still have all functionality but still get the brake light failure, brake light harness and license plate warnings. Car went into limp mode in a parking lot today too. Also, the thing barely gets better fuel mileage than my high mileage truck.

Comment

Just incase anyone was curious. You can still get new OEM keys for E36's. My dog stole it and I ended up panic buying new ones from the dealer to the tune of $80 a key. I found it which is cool but the tear down of the parts car which homes my 5 speed swap starts this weekend.

Comment

That's good to know considering I just picked up a e34 with only one key. Going to have to drop by the dealership asap. Cheers on the new project going to be looking forward to seeing how this turns out!
            E34 build thread link
            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...42#post1613542

Follow me on insta
            e_dirty_4

Comment

Welcome back, if you still care about this

My friend asked me 2 years ago to look at red sedan for a winterbeater. The car was ok, but was misinformed by previous owner. It had a bad EWS System misdiagnosed as a bad fuel pump. The car sat, parts were pillaged and I figured for the money offered up for the manual swap was worth every penny.

I got the getrag, driveshaft, pedal assembly, transmission cross member, slave lines, etc. Also ever since the Episode of Viva La Bam where the trucked the hummer I've wanted to cut the roof off something. The car was soooooo rotted that it broke in half though, after the roof was removed.

I have a set of unpained twisted side skirts and M3 Mirrors that need to get painted.
              I also have an M50 Manifold, Dinan intake etc. I am also having a local performance shop do the EWS delete, auto to manual swap, and stuff to keep the car running.

The plans are to pull my sedan apart in the coming weeks; manual transmission swap, sub frame reinforcements, Weld the 3.91, coilovers, cut the knuckles, install my sparco bucket, harness bar, etc.

Comment

Looking for opinions. M52 getting a M50 getrag. I have to check the starter since I have both.
                Looking to use a low mileage ZF m3 clutch but replace everything else.

Going to get from FCP Euro
                8 x Flywheel bolts - 11222243051
                8 x Pressure plate bolts - BMW-07119906045
                1 x Clutch Pilot Bearing - BMW-11211720310 Are m50 and M52 pilot bearings the same?
                1 x Febi Cluch master - FEB-19156
                1 x Febi Clutch Slave - FEB-10214
                1 x Sachs Throw out bearing - SAC-SN3759

I want to order from garagistic
                95a Durometer transmission bushings
                Stainless steel clutch line
                Complete reinforcement kit

Looking for opinions on a chasis mounted shiter. Thinking of going garagistic or cliqtuning.

Comment

Originally posted by d0wse View Post
                  I bought an E36, just like everyone else. I want a E34 Touring but those are expensive.
                  The cars listing came as a 1994 Sedan in boston green, my favorite factory color even if its BEAT like it owes me money. The interior is Tan and automatic. It was originally listed for $1400 months before but went up for $400 as a rust free Virginia car. Said needed and engine/ mechanics special. I am always skeptical and when I got there it ran AWFUL, but I had a inclining to the problem due to the critical misfire and exhaust gases going somewhere. Well cylinder 5 had a familiar surprise.
                  Well you're lucky, we find the same specs car some weeks ago and the wanted 4000...

No LS swap for me, yes simple and fast road race/drift car.

Comment

I will be watching this one, cant wait to see which way you go with it.

RTD I head is good for the shifter. Personally I run a samsonas which I love and is a little different from everyone else on the internet.
                    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                      I will be watching this one, cant wait to see which way you go with it.

RTD I head is good for the shifter. Personally I run a samsonas which I love and is a little different from everyone else on the internet.
                      OOF LOL thats very cash money for my blood. I was hoping to be into a chasis mounted shifter for like 200-250. Hence Garagistic or Cliq. My whole goals is to be into this car <2k with something I can beat the snot out of.

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                      Well you're lucky, we find the same specs car some weeks ago and the wanted 4000...

No LS swap for me, yes simple and fast road race/drift car.
                      Yeah some super creepy old dude who knows nothing about 90's bmws are the best targets for the picking.

Comment

So I found this photo on the internets. I realized as much as this car is going to be a driver for myself. But I really love the low rise LTW wing on the sedan. I was curious is there was anyone else still making replicas aside from Drift Garage.

Comment

ABRAHAMS motorsport was making them, but I think you need to call them now.
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                          X