Ruining a Foxbody 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruining a Foxbody 101

Whats up Stanceworks, I sold the B5 S4 a few months back because I got bored with a reliable and good-looking car and decided to be a moron and buy an 87' GT. I drove from Colorado to South Dakota to pick it up, and it was my understanding that it ran and drove just fine so we decided to drive it back. Well, it didn't accelerate for sh!t and it kept wanting to shut off, and being a couple hundred miles from home our only option was to forge on.

Got it home and found a whole plethora of problems, firstly it needed to be retimed badly, had to realign the trunk, fix about 5 vacuum leaks. Before I even bought the car I ordered SR V2 coilovers with Camber/Caster plates, SN95 5 lug front end conversion with control arms and brakes. her she is sitting stock

We got the coils on and spun them down all the way just to see where we were at, and we couldn't get the thing off the lift, so we had to settle with a slightly lower than stock stance for the time being

Next up was to put all the SN parts on (a arms, brakes, spindles, SS brake lines), with 18x9 cobra R wheels wrapped in Achilles ATR Sport 2's and wind the coils down a bit more in the front after rolling and pulling the fenders as far as the metal would allow, still ran into an issue not having enough threads on the tie rods to have a decent alignment, so I had to order tie rod extensions with bump steer correction

We got the Star Etched Grip Royal wheel in, and it was even cooler than I thought it was gonna be (but pulling a factory wheel was a pita) so out with the old

and in with the new

I installed a dual row aluminum radiator, 75mm Throttle Body, 76mm MAF housing and 24lbs injectors to help wake the old girl up a bit, and we relocated the TFI module and put it on a heat sink to limit the heat that gets into the TMI module since it's located on the Distributor, we also deleted the clutch fan and added 2 3000cfm 16" fans, I got it with gt40p heads, F303 cam, TMI race seats, Corbeau 4 point harnesses, rear seat delete, short shifter, and luckily for me, the PO had no idea about the cam and heads.

So for now that'll have to be where I end it for the time being, I still have 3.73 gears and a welded carrier to install, have reverse glow gauges to put in, I also need to flock my dash, and I'm debating a DMAX hood vent as well. I am also ordering paint as soon as I buy my daily (hopefully this week) Let me know what you guys think of the hood vent, as I'm still unsure if I like it or not
    Last edited by slamitall; 10-15-2019, 02:39 PM.

No to the hood vent, sorry, unless you find/make a frp/carbon hood with it, but yeah to everything else

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

What he said. Hood vent - no, everything else - yes.
      Engine work shots?
      Car looks decent to me, aren't foxbodies getting tough to find in good enough shape?
      "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
      Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

Curious to see what you'll do with this. Everything so far has been an improvement, looks good.

Comment

Yeah I agree about the hood vent, I always wanted the DMAX vent, kinda bummed it's not gonna work for me. And they are getting pretty tough to find in good shape. Luckily this one is low mileage and fairly clean, needs a bit of body work and some interior work. I'll get some engine shots in a minute

Comment

I've wanted a fox for a while, and once I got it, I'm kinda lost with what to do. I need to find some motivation without copying anyone. It's hard to be original anymore

Comment

The 302 is a pretty ugly engine, but here we go

Also the coilovers on the foxbody are weird, they have kinda like a drop hat or standoff but there is a bunch of room to adjust camber and caster, still need to dial in the camber in the front and need adjustable control arms

Comment

I think it looks very good, the faivoh.
                IMO this car needs better wheels. You mentioned having a 5 lug conversion, why not do that, change up the wheels and go from there, see where it takes you.
                "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
                Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

So it's only 5 lug up front right now, waiting to get control arms for the rear to swap in a disc brake rear end. I have 18x9's up front, so I wanna keep with the 18's all around,s t don't really know whats gonna look good. there are literally tons of options for 5x114.3, but I would prefer to find something local so I can at least see what itll look like rather than blindly ordering wheels.

Comment

This thing looks perfect for a sideshow missile.

Comment

If it were me, I'd get one of those Maier Racing widebody kits.

Comment

That was the plan back when I bought it, but IMO they look a little weird on the hatches so I scrapped that idea. The plan is for the fox to go into storage this winter and get torn down and built up over the course of the next few months. Gonna be slow for a bit since I have to replace the trans in my Blazer, but there will be updates incoming within the next few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                        X