gotheframe’s 1967 Volvo Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beemernut View Post
    I like the idea with the tank. I'm personally not a fan of plunking the air tank right into the middle of the trunk and putting it on display. I like trunk space lol
    I need to use the trunk for strollers and kids stuff. lol #parent

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
    Fabrication on point!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by gotheframe; 01-20-2020, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Rear Axle mock-up finished. Moving on to rear upper crossmember. Might replace 9000 series bags with 7076.
      Untitled
      Last edited by gotheframe; 10-21-2019, 10:17 AM.

Comment

This is so cool! Can't wait to see more updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjaholic View Post
          This is so cool! Can't wait to see more updates.
          Thanks!

Don’t have any new pics to add but have been busy refreshing lot of different things:

Oil pan appeared to be leaking so it got a new gasket. It’s probably not going to do a whole lot since it likely has the original felt front and rear seals.
          Replaced the fuel pump gasket and found the spacer had a crack, so that was replaced too.
          Replaced the three deteriorated rubber radiator mounts.
          Replaced the clutch master and slave.
          Have new wheel bearings, ball joints, brake calipers, an M41 gasket kit, and a clutch on the shelf ready to go next. Meanwhile have been searching for missing seat hardware and trying to find replacements. Found a radio block off plate in my spares - score!

Suspension-wise, final mock-up on the rear end is taking place. Replacement KYB shocks came in so mounts will be fabricated for front and rear. Fabricating mounts for the ecu to hide behind the pump and under the tank along with valve block. Tank received fittings, and now air lines are being planned.

Getting close.
          Last edited by gotheframe; 10-29-2019, 10:20 PM.

Comment

this is amazing. I have a 72 144 sitting in a barn that I cant wait to get my hands on. tons of inspiration here

Comment

Originally posted by booshy View Post
              this is amazing. I have a 72 144 sitting in a barn that I cant wait to get my hands on. tons of inspiration here
              I have a couple boxes full of '71 144 parts and a full front grill with headlight buckets that need a new home. So you need to get to work.

Comment

Up here this time of year everything gets to be covered in snow. Especially out where the car is right now. Might have to wait until spring to get the car home. Definitely interested to know what you have in those boxes though...

Comment

Little update - parts out for powder coat before final assembly.

Untitled
                  Untitled
                  Untitled

Comment

Agreed, made me rethink my plan!

Comment

Go on...

Comment

The trunk setup
                        Untitled

Front crossmember back in. Need bottom bag mounts and redoing shock absorber mount (not shown).
                        Untitled

Comment

Finalized the family holiday card
                          Untitled

Comment

Waiting for the rearend to be rebuilt to move forward on air suspension so got the front seat webbing replaced.

Dad Life
                            Untitled

Comment

Got the rear axle back in (woo hoo!)

Ran into some issues with the wheel spares I had. I have (2) 4"widths and (3) 4.5" widths. Weird.

But here's a picture tucking 15" wheels in the rear, which would never happen because the frame would be on the ground.
                              Untitled

Got to figure out what I want to do with wheels. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by gotheframe View Post
                                Got to figure out what I want to do with wheels. Any suggestions?
                                Borbet Type A

Comment

Working...
                                X