Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of a kind yellow E36 Vert cut from a different cloth.. (non M)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really a progress post, I just got both wheels on one side to see how they'd look. Surprisingly don't need much camber in the rear to make them fit.
    Also may be picking up a sweet new project tomorrow so stay tuned

Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled

Comment

Car is looking good, would love to see these with a different finish on the faces

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Picked up a new project yesterday! 89 325ix E30. I've been wanting an E30 for yearssss and I finally found the perfect one for a steal. I'll make a build thread for it once I get some parts for it. Sorry for the bad photos.

Untitled
        Untitled
        Untitled

Comment

A coupe iX??? Never seen one, didn't even think they made any

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

They made quite a few of them, but OP finding a manual 2 door facelift model in the States is a small wonder.
            Congrats on the new project, needless to say me being an e30 guy I am very very excited! The ix is one of the models I never owned but would like to.
            "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
            Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
              They made quite a few of them, but OP finding a manual 2 door facelift model in the States is a small wonder.
              Congrats on the new project, needless to say me being an e30 guy I am very very excited! The ix is one of the models I never owned but would like to.
              Thanks man! I was looking for an e30 in general for a long time. Preferably facelift, preferably an ix, had to be a coupe and i got super lucky and got exactly what I wanted lol. Once I sell some of my other cars I'm gonna order parts and start a thread for it. Until then I'm working on the 36

Comment

When you start that thread, I will give you an inception about 5 lugging an ix. It's a unicorn and not many people do it, because of the front drive axle problem. But I know how

Enough derailing the thread, let's see that dakar vert getting some love.
                "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
                Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
                  here in Italy it's a rare ass car, only ever seen 2 sedans and one touring (which I wish I got, it was offered to me in a trade for my Harley and I was dumb enough to not take it)

Comment

this thread does stuff to me, first of all a Dakar e36 and now you chuck in an e30 coupe. man you know the way to my heart!

Where in Virginia are you? i will be up in Gatling next year and tempted to come up through Kentucky and Virginia, so if your near by would love to swing by and see how these two are progressing.
                    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Love those wheels, although I think a brushed /polished face would be dope.
                      E34 build thread link
                      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...42#post1613542

Follow me on insta
                      e_dirty_4

Comment

Finally stopped being lazy and got the camber arms in. Adjusted one side roughly to get to how I want it to sit and ran into an issue.

Untitled
                        Untitled

Added some camber to get the wheel to tuck in and the barrel hit the coilover as I suspected. I already I have a 20 mm spacer on so I'm gonna try and see if a 5 mm spacer will do the trick. If not i'm going to get an inch smaller barrels since one barrel is already cracked anyways.
                        Untitled
                        Untitled
                        Untitled
                        Untitled

In other news, I picked up a MINT original set of OZ futuras for a super steal. I'm not too crazy about them and I basically already have the same wheels so I'll most likely end up trading them or selling if they come down to it. Considered keeping them for my e30 but they're not the kinda wheels I want for it.

Untitled

Comment

You could get a longer bolt and put a spacer between the trailing arm and the shock, if you need a little more room inwards. Just be sure you get a strong bolt and a thick spacer

Comment

Or less camber, and pull those fenders
                            E34 build thread link
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...42#post1613542

Follow me on insta
                            e_dirty_4

Comment

Originally posted by Graphitemk6 View Post
                              Or less camber, and pull those fenders
                              Please don't

Comment

Camber totally ruins this one for me, unless this one is being built for a feature like your R32
                                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                                X