Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of a kind yellow E36 Vert cut from a different cloth.. (non M)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of a kind yellow E36 Vert cut from a different cloth.. (non M)

So I'm back with another build..

Recently I picked up a holy grail of mine, Dakar yellow e36. Not only is it Dakar yellow, but it's a vert (which I've been looking for), and the twist is it isn't an M3. It's a 328ic that came from the factory in Dakar. Not sure of the exact number but not too many of them were made in this color that weren't m3.

The car isn't in the best shape but it certainly isn't the worst. The worst of it was the interior. Previous owner couldn't get the top to close so they just left it half way open with a cover over it. Door panels, rear seats and carpet were fucked among other things. Ended up pulling some of the stuff out in preparation for installing new parts.

Here's some pics:
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled

Curious to see what you do to this one, sucks the top was left like that and trashed the interior
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

I finally got the car home! After weeks of waiting to work on it I finally was able to make some progress.

First thing on the list was taking out the old, filthy carpet.
      Untitled
      Untitled
      Untitled

It was absolutely disgusting. Next I cleaned out the debris from the rear seat and installed the new (used) black carpet, dash and other components.
      Untitled
      Untitled
      Untitled
      Looks so much better! Just have a little more work to do and it will be almost complete. Still need a driver side door panel, arm rest, rear head rests and a couple more bits and pieces.

Comment

Made some progress the other day. I got the coilovers on and one of the new brakes and rotors (my C clamp broke).

This was after I did the first side.

Untitled
        Untitled

Here's how it currently sits after all 4 sides got put on. Currently running just the spring and no perch in the rear. It's 6.5 inches and id'd like to tuck a little more so I'm probably going to get a 4 inch spring. Definitely going lower in the front but the tires are kinda big and it was late so I didn't feel like messing with it.

Untitled
        Untitled
        Untitled
        Untitled

Comment

Can't wait to see more of this! The color is awesome and I've always wanted an E36 vert of my own.

Comment

Very interesting spec E36 here, keep it up!

@projects_always

Comment

i wanna see more!!

Comment

Yellow slammed vert is goals, hope to see some pimp wheels here soon

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

wow, I am impressed. I'd never take on something that had water damange in it.

Good luck to you, can't wait to see what you do.

Comment

Holy shit, manual Dakar 328 vert are rare.
                    Good thing you found that!

Comment

Minor progress update!
                      Finally got the e46 sport seats in and steering wheel. Even has the hanger attachment on the driver seat. Looks so much better and more complete. I tried throwing my Nardi deep corn in but they sent me the wrong hub so now I have to order a new one.
                      Untitled
                      Untitled

Also got the new drilled/slotted rotors and new pads on. Gonna look great behind a set of nice wheels which I may be picking up 2 sets tomorrow .
                      Untitled

Next I need to install camber arms, guibo, csb and do an oil change. Then after I test fit the new wheels I need to determine if I'm gonna order new poly bushing for the front lca's or get e46 lca's if the wheels don't fit. Stay tuned!

Comment

The moment we've all been waiting for.. WHEELS!

Picked up a set of my favorite wheels for e36's, OZ Fittipaldi's. Took 5 hours in total to get them but it was way to good of a deal to pass up.
                        They're 17x9 and 11 in the rear, 5x120 with unknown offsets (p.o didn't know so i'll have to measure). At first I scared the rears would be too wide but they fit perfectly!
                        Here's some pics:
                        Untitled
                        Untitled
                        Untitled

The rear wasn't all the way seated in this pic. Just had it like this for picture purposes.
                        Untitled
                        Untitled
                        Untitled
                        Untitled

Next on my list is disassembling them, ordering a new rear barrel, getting the faces powder coated white again, polish the lips/barrels, order tires and then put them on the car. Can't wait to see how they look all fitted up.

Comment

cant beat 5 spokes.

i vote for silver faces.

don't you **** it when people quote a long post with a load of images and right just a couple of words...
                          Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Do white! No pain, no gain!

Comment

Originally posted by naughtyaudi View Post
                              Do white! No pain, no gain!
                              That's the plan. I'm big on running white wheels on any car I get.

Comment

Working...
                              X