Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of a kind yellow E36 Vert cut from a different cloth.. (non M)

Default One of a kind yellow E36 Vert cut from a different cloth.. (non M)

So I'm back with another build..

Recently I picked up a holy grail of mine, Dakar yellow e36. Not only is it Dakar yellow, but it's a vert (which I've been looking for), and the twist is it isn't an M3. It's a 328ic that came from the factory in Dakar. Not sure of the exact number but not too many of them were made in this color that weren't m3.

The car isn't in the best shape but it certainly isn't the worst. The worst of it was the interior. Previous owner couldn't get the top to close so they just left it half way open with a cover over it. Door panels, rear seats and carpet were fucked among other things. Ended up pulling some of the stuff out in preparation for installing new parts.

Here's some pics:
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled

Curious to see what you do to this one, sucks the top was left like that and trashed the interior
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

I finally got the car home! After weeks of waiting to work on it I finally was able to make some progress.

First thing on the list was taking out the old, filthy carpet.
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled

It was absolutely disgusting. Next I cleaned out the debris from the rear seat and installed the new (used) black carpet, dash and other components.
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Looks so much better! Just have a little more work to do and it will be almost complete. Still need a driver side door panel, arm rest, rear head rests and a couple more bits and pieces.

Made some progress the other day. I got the coilovers on and one of the new brakes and rotors (my C clamp broke).

This was after I did the first side.

Untitled
    Untitled

Here's how it currently sits after all 4 sides got put on. Currently running just the spring and no perch in the rear. It's 6.5 inches and id'd like to tuck a little more so I'm probably going to get a 4 inch spring. Definitely going lower in the front but the tires are kinda big and it was late so I didn't feel like messing with it.

Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled

Can't wait to see more of this! The color is awesome and I've always wanted an E36 vert of my own.

Very interesting spec E36 here, keep it up!

@cblock406

i wanna see more!!

Yellow slammed vert is goals, hope to see some pimp wheels here soon

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

wow, I am impressed. I'd never take on something that had water damange in it.

Good luck to you, can't wait to see what you do.

Holy shit, manual Dakar 328 vert are rare.
    Good thing you found that!

Minor progress update!
    Finally got the e46 sport seats in and steering wheel. Even has the hanger attachment on the driver seat. Looks so much better and more complete. I tried throwing my Nardi deep corn in but they sent me the wrong hub so now I have to order a new one.
    Untitled
    Untitled

Also got the new drilled/slotted rotors and new pads on. Gonna look great behind a set of nice wheels which I may be picking up 2 sets tomorrow .
    Untitled

Next I need to install camber arms, guibo, csb and do an oil change. Then after I test fit the new wheels I need to determine if I'm gonna order new poly bushing for the front lca's or get e46 lca's if the wheels don't fit. Stay tuned!

The moment we've all been waiting for.. WHEELS!

Picked up a set of my favorite wheels for e36's, OZ Fittipaldi's. Took 5 hours in total to get them but it was way to good of a deal to pass up.
    They're 17x9 and 11 in the rear, 5x120 with unknown offsets (p.o didn't know so i'll have to measure). At first I scared the rears would be too wide but they fit perfectly!
    Here's some pics:
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled

The rear wasn't all the way seated in this pic. Just had it like this for picture purposes.
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled

Next on my list is disassembling them, ordering a new rear barrel, getting the faces powder coated white again, polish the lips/barrels, order tires and then put them on the car. Can't wait to see how they look all fitted up.

cant beat 5 spokes.

i vote for silver faces.

don't you **** it when people quote a long post with a load of images and right just a couple of words...
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Do white! No pain, no gain!

Quote Originally Posted by naughtyaudi View Post
    Do white! No pain, no gain!
    That's the plan. I'm big on running white wheels on any car I get.

Not really a progress post, I just got both wheels on one side to see how they'd look. Surprisingly don't need much camber in the rear to make them fit.
    Also may be picking up a sweet new project tomorrow so stay tuned

Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled

Car is looking good, would love to see these with a different finish on the faces

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Picked up a new project yesterday! 89 325ix E30. I've been wanting an E30 for yearssss and I finally found the perfect one for a steal. I'll make a build thread for it once I get some parts for it. Sorry for the bad photos.

Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled

A coupe iX??? Never seen one, didn't even think they made any

They made quite a few of them, but OP finding a manual 2 door facelift model in the States is a small wonder.
    Congrats on the new project, needless to say me being an e30 guy I am very very excited! The ix is one of the models I never owned but would like to.
    "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
    Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Quote Originally Posted by gnmzl View Post
    They made quite a few of them, but OP finding a manual 2 door facelift model in the States is a small wonder.
    Congrats on the new project, needless to say me being an e30 guy I am very very excited! The ix is one of the models I never owned but would like to.
    Thanks man! I was looking for an e30 in general for a long time. Preferably facelift, preferably an ix, had to be a coupe and i got super lucky and got exactly what I wanted lol. Once I sell some of my other cars I'm gonna order parts and start a thread for it. Until then I'm working on the 36

When you start that thread, I will give you an inception about 5 lugging an ix. It's a unicorn and not many people do it, because of the front drive axle problem. But I know how

Enough derailing the thread, let's see that dakar vert getting some love.
    "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
    Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Quote Originally Posted by gnmzl View Post
    here in Italy it's a rare ass car, only ever seen 2 sedans and one touring (which I wish I got, it was offered to me in a trade for my Harley and I was dumb enough to not take it)

this thread does stuff to me, first of all a Dakar e36 and now you chuck in an e30 coupe. man you know the way to my heart!

Where in Virginia are you? i will be up in Gatling next year and tempted to come up through Kentucky and Virginia, so if your near by would love to swing by and see how these two are progressing.
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Love those wheels, although I think a brushed /polished face would be dope.