No announcement yet.

Another day, another daily (6N)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, this car is a steal, so jealous you can find cheap 6N!

Comment

So on Friday, i treated myself.

Beautiful isn't it. A GENUINE Polo 6N 16v.

It now looks like this.

It's going for scrap this week. I bought it solely for the engine loom, ECU, Engine etc to put into my Polo.

It's quite clearly been in a crash (Maybe more than once) And some of the workmanship thats been done to it is absolutely horrendous, genuinely was a dangerous car, so i'd say it's a blessing that i've killed it!
      Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
      1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

green Polo looked really nice I would like that on a daily I'm curious how it will look silver, but I think everything will go in the right direction

Comment

Originally posted by WojtekLDZ View Post
          green Polo looked really nice I would like that on a daily I'm curious how it will look silver, but I think everything will go in the right direction
          He's only bought it for the engine bits....

Comment

Originally posted by WojtekLDZ View Post
            Thats my donor car mate Shells absolute scrap, so i've just ripped it apart for everything i need hahaha

Comment

Well, thats the valver done with. 5 whole days it lasted before being a bare shell.

In other news, i've fitted more springs to my Polo, 20k 6" fronts, 18k 8" rears, so naturally i had to lower it more.

It frame bangs EVERYWHERE.

The following day, we all went to Ultimate Stance (Last UK Car show of the year) Which quite honestly, was shit this year. Not that that mattered mind, as we all spent sunday dying from our hangovers. Got some cool pics thanks to Michal tho!

Comment

This thing is so rad, the 16v swap will be a great addition

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Nice pics!

Must be very comfortable with those springs

Comment

Looks sick as fuck! The wheels fit really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                      This thing is so rad, the 16v swap will be a great addition
                      Cheers man! I know right, I'm having it skimmed today, then porting it when i've got it back. Should go pretty well!

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                      Nice pics!

Must be very comfortable with those springs
                      It's not actually too bad! Providing you're on a flat road..... oh well

Originally posted by SoapHero View Post
                      Looks sick as fuck! The wheels fit really nice.
                      Cheers mate! They took some serious fitting hahaha

Comment

Well overdue update!

Had a HUGE cabin leak which i only discovered when i was hoovering the floor! was absolutely sodden, good 10mm of water in the passenger side footwell!

Decided to get stuck on a speedbump, even my trust blocks of wood couldn't save me

Had to take the RM's off the front for a couple weeks, one's decided it's allergic to holding air in all of a sudden, and the other has developed a huge crack....

On the engine side of things, i've stripped and cleaned up the head, relapped all the valves and have now sent it out to be skimmed 0.5mm.

Once the heads back i'll port it myself at work, then build it back up! After that it's just a case of pulling the bottom end apart and checking through that. Hopefully will have it rebuilt early Jan, meaning i can get it swapped over the course of a weekend.

Comment

Long time no speak.

Whats new? well, with all the recent unfortunate events, i've been lucky that i've been able to work on my car. I was a key worker (furloughed this week), so i've been able to work on my car while at work. Was a weird experience to be fair, the workshop has been silent with only me really being around, i don't like not seeing people, so it's been kinda hard. I've made a lot of progress however.

Engine out, ECU swapped

Outside for an engine bay clean

Engine in, exhaust altered to fit properly, job done.

This is where the issues start. Almost as soon as i pulled the car out to test drive, it was dumping oil. Almost like a fast dripping tap, Awesome. Sump off, resealed issue remains.

Gearbox off, agh, my lovely brand new main crank seal is leaking. Lovely.

With that fixed, i now have an issue with the cars idle. It will occasionally rev up on its own, and sometimes just cuts out for no reason. It will also flat spot and bog down when i'm accelerating (Foot down but nothing happens, although engine sounds like it's under strain so trying to accelerate??) And when i'm driving, my temp will drop from 90, to 70?

Other than that, it feels great to drive. Just really dragging on me that it's not 100%, wish i'd driven the donor car first to try and work out these issues....

Comment

I envy you, looks so much easy this swap man, I'm gonna drop mine too

Comment

Dude this is making me miss my old 6N....looking sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                                I envy you, looks so much easy this swap man, I'm gonna drop mine too
                                If you do, make sure the engine works first. STILL doesn't run right.

Originally posted by James Q View Post
                                Dude this is making me miss my old 6N....looking sweet.
                                They're awesome cars arn't they.

Comment

Working...
                                X