Zender W124 Mercedes 53k miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zender W124 Mercedes 53k miles

A very unique, low-mileage survivor example of one of the best vehicle chassis of all time. The W124 Mercedes is known around the world for its quality German engineering, amazing reliability, and comfort.

This 300E has been fitted with many rare and desirable period-correct aftermarket parts. The side skirts and rear bumper are upgraded items by German tuning company Zender. The front bumper was unfortunately damaged by the previous owner and has been removed, but is repairable and is included with sale. The car also features a rear spoiler, Euro-spec headlights, and Heckblende filler panel, which add to the vintage German aesthetic. The wheels are 16x7.5" Borbet Type A alloys, which are also rare and desirable. I have replaced the passenger front fender with a vented panel from a Diesel model. The interior is the beautiful and extremely durable Medium-Red MB-Tex vinyl upholstery, and the stereo is the desirable Becker unit. I have also lowered the car using Eibach springs, and will also include the original coils.

I purchased the car not running and completely restored the fuel delivery and ignition systems. This included boiling, treating, and sealing the fuel tank, replacing both fuel pumps and filter, rebuilding the Bosch fuel distribution unit, and replaced the distributor cap, rotor, coil, spark plugs, and wires. It now runs and drives perfectly, and fires on the first crank every time. The exterior paint is in fairly poor shape. It has degraded and has several dings and large scratches. The front passenger fender is a slightly different shade of white, as it came off of a later car with a different paint code. The front bumper and rear spoiler are also not color-matched. I would recommend that the car receive a full respray. Only the passenger front window works currently, I believe the others have seized actuator motors from sitting, but the sliding sunroof does work. The windshield washer system is not currently installed due to malfunctioning pumps. Some of the interior and exterior trim panels are not currently installed, but are included.

Asking a pretty firm $3500. **NOTE** As the days get warmer, I will be repairing many of these items, and the asking price will go up accordingly.

Overall, this car has great potential if someone is willing to put a bit of time into tidying it up, and would make a great show car or cruiser with some time and effort. Alternatively, it's a well-balanced, comfortable, and extremely reliable car to run around town on your daily errands, and it handles amazingly well in the snow and weather.

Link to FB Marketplace post for photos:
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...7377167110300/
    -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
    -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
    -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
    -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!
Working...
X