Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles and related paraphernalia

Default Motorcycles and related paraphernalia

Most every forum I've participated in has some sort of an ongoing motorcycle discussion. I think it's safe to assume that everyone here drives, but do you ride as well? If so, what?

I took the first 2 my brother took the last one. All on a trip from seattle to reno/tahoe to the bay and back. 2200 miles, 6 days.

Southern Oregon

Bodega Bay

Redwood Forest, CHP Finest. Day 5 of 6

Pulled over for?
    -96 Chevrolet S10 (DD)
    -85 Saab 900 (Project)
    PhotoBlog
    Spotted In Narvik

ruckus?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyBoyOne3 View Post
    I took the first 2 my brother took the last one. All on a trip from seattle to reno/tahoe to the bay and back. 2200 miles, 6 days.

Southern Oregon
    http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...XR/MOTO172.jpg

Bodega Bay
    http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o.../GSXR/ride.jpg

Redwood Forest, CHP Finest. Day 5 of 6
    http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...SXR/busted.jpg
    Wow, that sounds like an amazing trip and the scenery is beautiful.

I'm too old and decrepit to ride a sportbike for that long. I can only handle a couple of hours before I'm beat. Kudos to you guys!

How does your brother like the Duc?

We got stopped for 87.5 in a 50 zone, wrote for 5 over. Hella legit cop, asked alot about the bikes and the trip so we took the time to chat at he was nice to us.

My brother loves the 999R, I on the other hand **** it, He's also got a monster. I sold my ducati because every mile on a ducati is a dollar in repair and maintence, we work on our own shit and its still expensive. Besides my GSXR and CBR keep up just fine with the Italians.

^ sad to know about the ducatis. A monster is what i lust for after the ruckus.

Yeah, I play scooters, haha.

Here's me last fall at a beach race in Wildwood NJ:

My bike's a '07 KTM 144SX.

..and I bought this last year, to tinker with it's a '99 XR50:

I've since added a stiffer shock, +2" swingarm, new tires, billet throttle tube, handlebar risers with full size MX bars, and a few other things. It's a hoot to get 4 or 5 people on pitbikes and screw around in the back yard.
    -Dale: '88 Conquest TSi

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    ^ sad to know about the ducatis. A monster is what i lust for after the ruckus.
    Don't give up on the dream, just be ready to learn to do the maintence yourself. The monster is an amazingly fun machine to ride... Just every 3000 having to do a valve adjustment is lame to me. I got 14K on my gsxr and all I have to do is change oil and filters, and burn fuel and rubber.

Don't give up on the dream, just be ready to learn to do the maintence yourself. The monster is an amazingly fun machine to ride... Just every 3000 having to do a valve adjustment is lame to me. I got 14K on my gsxr and all I have to do is change oil and filters, and burn fuel and rubber.

Yeah, I do all the work on my e30, but every 3k is kinda a PITA

i got 2 bikes currently...07 GSXR600 and a 06 GSXR750

heres the pic of the 750, 600 is basically the same just not as clean...

We got stopped for 87.5 in a 50 zone, wrote for 5 over. Hella legit cop, asked alot about the bikes and the trip so we took the time to chat at he was nice to us.

My brother loves the 999R, I on the other hand **** it, He's also got a monster. I sold my ducati because every mile on a ducati is a dollar in repair and maintence, we work on our own shit and its still expensive. Besides my GSXR and CBR keep up just fine with the Italians.
    I haven't experienced any maintenance or repairs yet, mainly because I'm a fair-weather rider and it's too damned cold here. It just sits in the basement:

Quote Originally Posted by dmyers151 View Post
    Yeah, I play scooters, haha.

Here's me last fall at a beach race in Wildwood NJ:
    http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/r...1/_DSC0164.jpg
    My bike's a '07 KTM 144SX.

..and I bought this last year, to tinker with it's a '99 XR50:
    http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/r...1031091556.jpg

I've since added a stiffer shock, +2" swingarm, new tires, billet throttle tube, handlebar risers with full size MX bars, and a few other things. It's a hoot to get 4 or 5 people on pitbikes and screw around in the back yard.
    The 50 is seriously cool (not that the KTM is a slouch).

Quote Originally Posted by SickSC View Post
    i got 2 bikes currently...07 GSXR600 and a 06 GSXR750

heres the pic of the 750, 600 is basically the same just not as clean...

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...0/100_0762.jpg
    That blue is gorgeous.

This is OT but holy shit this thing is badass.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSdsV3zotTk
    Quote Originally Posted by da3bous View Post
    I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Yes, that is exceptionally cool. The company behind the technology is named OSMOS and they've even built a car using an F1 chassis. Here's a tiny image from their site:

http://www.osmoswheel.com/pages/application.asp?lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    That blue is gorgeous.

i might replace the white with black plastics instead, make it look like my first bike i had...amazing combo...

I had a 03 gixxer 750. getting a 08 CBR 1000 repsol and a 09 R6 when I get home.
    3000GT-Clean daily project.

Bought this last summer to pass my bike test, will probably keep it for another year before moving on to something bigger. It's a 1989 Yamaha FZR 250...

I've got a couple, this winter shit is killing me.
    07 GSXR 750

01 GSXR 600

04 CRF50

hey SickSC...you on KCsportbike?

anyone have a ducati hypermotard?

im thinking about eventually getting one of those or a similar enduro style dirt bike that i can also ride on the streets..

Quote Originally Posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
    Things made of metal can be remade, but flesh and bone cannot be replicated. Not even by Rota.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kielan View Post
    VW kids go to Hondas, Honda kids go to BMW, BMW kids stick with BMW because they are the best.
    ///stanceworks\\\

Quote Originally Posted by dereklynch83 View Post
    Bought this last summer to pass my bike test, will probably keep it for another year before moving on to something bigger. It's a 1989 Yamaha FZR 250...

http://photos2.pix.ie/88/AA/88AA70B0...E86596-800.jpg
    Is that a two-stroke?

Quote Originally Posted by two240s View Post
    I've got a couple, this winter shit is killing me.

01 GSXR 600
    http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...s/FH000001.jpg
    That streetfighter is awesome. Do you have any more photos?

Quote Originally Posted by sixonefive View Post
    anyone have a ducati hypermotard?
    I haven't owned a Hypermotard, but I've ridden one. It's a nice bike and I really want to love the bike as much as I love the concept of it, but the ergonomics don't work for me. The bike is a bit too skinny for my taste and the reach to the bars is pretty far.

I would suggest you look at a KTM Super Duke before making a final decision. I found it to be a more comfortable bike and the drivetrain is great.

In the interest of full disclosure: Mine suffered a failure of the front brake master cylinder ten days after I bought it, resulting in locked front brakes. The bike ended up underneath a dump truck and I found myself next to the truck. The lessons here are that you should check over any bike you buy, don't trust the dealer completely when they tell you something needs to break in before performing to your expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by two240s View Post
    hey SickSC...you on KCsportbike?
    yessir, im makaveli on there...havent really posted since 08 since thats when my bike was stolen...and '10 will be my first season back to ride!

This is my hooptie.

The only reason I own it is because I scored it for $500, I don't even have an M-endorsement. Needs to have the carbs cleaned so once I'm done with the Ruckus I'm going to get on that, get it running, get bike license, then sell it and look for a CB750.

I dig the FZR250. How is that thing so much better looking than my 250 even though it's like 14 years older?

Is that a two-stroke?
    Nope, it's an inline 4 cylinder 16v 4-stroke, revs to about 18,000rpm, sounds absolutely nuts!

I dig the FZR250. How is that thing so much better looking than my 250 even though it's like 14 years older?
    Cheers! Although it shows it's age a bit more on the design of the rear, it's more blocky in design than the more modern bikes!

sure do. It's pretty bad, this things been sitting for almost a year and a half now. Built it 2 winters ago and it stopped running on the #1 cylinder. Spent who knows how many hours diagnosing it and lost motivation. Just got it figured out and running good like 2 weeks ago. I'm ready to get some miles on it now.

I've got a whole new front end for it too, USD forks and probably a new headlight.

So what do you ride Smitty? you never said...

That bike is bitchin'. I love the colors and it looks more like a European streetfighter than anything I've seen domestically. What was wrong with Cylinder 1?

Last summer, I ordered a BMW S 1000 RR which is on a boat crossing the Atlantic as we speak. It's in the Motorsport graphics and should look exactly like this:

I posted the Ducati SportClassic above. It's in the basement and hibernating until spring. Here are some shots from when I brought it home:

The bike is a 2007 with ~1,500 miles on it. The previous owner didn't ride it much and I only put 50 miles or so on it before it got too cold to ride. There are a bunch of things I'd like to do to it, but every time I look at the pricing of Ducati stuff I have a mild heart attack and forget all about it.